[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 242224 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #1225 on: May 05, 2018, 08:54:35 AM »
Sam had interest in MU. Buzz told Sam he wasn't athletic enough. IWB has said on his board that Dekker preferred MU's style of play over UW, all Buzz needed to do was offer.

I've heard this too, but why did he commit so early?  The summer before his junior year the day after he received an offer from Bo?  Not saying IWB is wrong, but he probably should have let the process play itself out a bit.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1226 on: May 05, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »
I've heard this too, but why did he commit so early?  The summer before his junior year the day after he received an offer from Bo?  Not saying IWB is wrong, but he probably should have let the process play itself out a bit.

Yeah, probably.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1227 on: May 05, 2018, 11:35:59 AM »
Sam had interest in MU. Buzz told Sam he wasn't athletic enough. IWB has said on his board that Dekker preferred MU's style of play over UW, all Buzz needed to do was offer.

Dekker confirmed this...

https://marquettewire.org/3983422/sports/marquette-wisconsin-rivalry-has-not-always-correlated-to-recruiting/

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1228 on: May 05, 2018, 04:38:06 PM »
If Dekker is telling the truth about what he was told by Buzz/staff, that's pretty bad on Buzz that he couldn't see Dekker's potential.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1229 on: May 05, 2018, 09:27:43 PM »
If Dekker is telling the truth about what he was told by Buzz/staff, that's pretty bad on Buzz that he couldn't see Dekker's potential.

Considering the size of his high school and lack of exposure at that point, I think Buzz's position made sense.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1230 on: May 05, 2018, 10:26:44 PM »
LeBron Effen James

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1231 on: May 05, 2018, 11:30:01 PM »
LeBron Effen James

Just enjoy it. It's like MJ or Tiger in their prime.

Harden will get MVP, but we know who the real MVP is this year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1232 on: May 06, 2018, 12:53:58 AM »
Not sure the guy should've even been in the game at that point.  I mean, when you take a "shot" to the head so "hard" that you need to stay on the ground in agony for a minute with your head in your arms and come up all "hazy" shouldn't you at least have to go through the concussion protocol?  I thought sports were being progressive and taking these hits to the head and player safety seriously.  Weird.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 01:00:00 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1233 on: May 06, 2018, 06:58:24 AM »
Not sure the guy should've even been in the game at that point.  I mean, when you take a "shot" to the head so "hard" that you need to stay on the ground in agony for a minute with your head in your arms and come up all "hazy" shouldn't you at least have to go through the concussion protocol?  I thought sports were being progressive and taking these hits to the head and player safety seriously.  Weird.

Dude. Seriously.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1234 on: May 06, 2018, 02:35:30 PM »
Dude. Seriously.

Dude.  Agreed.  Brain injuries are a very serious issue and should not be taken lightly.  I have never seen a basketball player have to remain on the floor in agony with his head in his arms and have trouble standing up and make himself look all dazed as he does so, but now it has happened twice to LeBron in a week.  That's very, very concerning.  CTE is a real thing.

https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/992951261740838913

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pyfbqFeqa4

Maybe these hits to the head explain why he's hiding on Fred Van Vleet and Bojan Bogdonovic defensively.  I'd think the GOAT would demand stepping up to the challenge of guarding guys like DeMar Derozan and Victor Oladipo otherwise.

Scary stuff.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1235 on: May 06, 2018, 03:14:11 PM »
Dude.  Agreed.  Brain injuries are a very serious issue and should not be taken lightly.  I have never seen a basketball player have to remain on the floor in agony with his head in his arms and have trouble standing up and make himself look all dazed as he does so, but now it has happened twice to LeBron in a week.  That's very, very concerning.  CTE is a real thing.

https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/992951261740838913

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pyfbqFeqa4

Maybe these hits to the head explain why he's hiding on Fred Van Vleet and Bojan Bogdonovic defensively.  I'd think the GOAT would demand stepping up to the challenge of guarding guys like DeMar Derozan and Victor Oladipo otherwise.

Scary stuff.
PED's, too, right?  You need to find a happy place.   Too much anger churning through.  King James is currently the best.    GOAT?    Maybe not.    In the conversation, though.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1236 on: May 07, 2018, 12:46:10 PM »
Stan Van Gundy is back on the market. Bucks fans are effed

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1237 on: May 07, 2018, 02:00:10 PM »
PED's, too, right?  You need to find a happy place.   Too much anger churning through.  King James is currently the best.    GOAT?    Maybe not.    In the conversation, though.

No anger at all.  Just legitimately don't understand why he wouldn't have to go through concussion protocol.  That is the reaction of someone who took a serious hit to the head.  Why even have a concussion protocol in place if you're not going to put someone through it after he's taken a hit to the head and stays down on the ground in agony for an extended period of time?  Just get rid of the protocol then.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 02:02:47 PM by wadesworld »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1238 on: May 07, 2018, 04:33:06 PM »
Considering the size of his high school and lack of exposure at that point, I think Buzz's position made sense.

Why would the size of Dekker's high school make Buzz think he wasn't athletic enough for the Big East?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1239 on: May 07, 2018, 05:29:54 PM »
wades makes me chuckle.

The LeBron hate is silly - I think it goes to his very reluctant acceptance of LeBron being better than Bird ever was - but his justifications for it always make me chuckle.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1240 on: May 07, 2018, 05:58:04 PM »
wades makes me chuckle.

The LeBron hate is silly - I think it goes to his very reluctant acceptance of LeBron being better than Bird ever was - but his justifications for it always make me chuckle.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, '82.  As Wades has made perfectly clear, he's just concerned for LeBron's well-being.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1241 on: May 07, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
I understand what Wade's is saying and why.

Slightly separate discussion: anyone here hate flopping in soccer? But you've got no issue with it in the NBA?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1242 on: May 07, 2018, 07:09:09 PM »

Slightly separate discussion: anyone here hate flopping in soccer? But you've got no issue with it in the NBA?

Feel like it manifests itself differently to the point where in soccer it actually is a hazard. No one ever got hurt in basketball flopping, though Greg Paulus and Brad Davidsons' manliness took a beating

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1243 on: May 07, 2018, 07:56:44 PM »
wades makes me chuckle.

That was forgetful...not wades.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1244 on: May 08, 2018, 09:52:08 AM »

Flopping is a part of the NBA game but I don't like it.  You want to try to get a charge call, fine.  But seeing LBJ shoot his massive frame across the floor like he was shot is beyond absurd and I can't stand it.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1245 on: May 08, 2018, 10:01:43 AM »
Hating flopping/complaining to the refs and recognizing great talent are not mutually exclusive.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1246 on: May 08, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »
i can't think of any NBA players that don't flop---they all do it.  so lebron can't do it because he is bigger and stronger than the rest?  but it's ok for steph curry or kevin durant to do it routinely?

if they actually called every time lebron is fouled in a game, the entire opposing team would probably foul out.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1247 on: May 08, 2018, 12:42:59 PM »
Hating flopping/complaining to the refs and recognizing great talent are not mutually exclusive.

Didn't say they were mutually exclusive.

i can't think of any NBA players that don't flop---they all do it.  so lebron can't do it because he is bigger and stronger than the rest?  but it's ok for steph curry or kevin durant to do it routinely?

if they actually called every time lebron is fouled in a game, the entire opposing team would probably foul out.

They don't all do it and I certainly didn't say I think it's ok.  LBJ takes it to another level and I think it's ridiculous. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1248 on: May 08, 2018, 02:26:24 PM »
I guess the T'wolves is an unlikely destination for Jalen Brunson.

@JonKrawczynski
Timberwolves assistant Rick Brunson, who resigned today, was facing allegations of improper interactions with several women while on the job, @TheAthleticMIN has learned. The Athletic has reached out to the Wolves and Brunson for comment.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1249 on: May 08, 2018, 02:28:35 PM »
I guess the T'wolves is an unlikely destination for Jalen Brunson.

@JonKrawczynski
Timberwolves assistant Rick Brunson, who resigned today, was facing allegations of improper interactions with several women while on the job, @TheAthleticMIN has learned. The Athletic has reached out to the Wolves and Brunson for comment.

Wow.  Isn't that what got him in trouble earlier?

feedback