[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 242247 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #1175 on: April 28, 2018, 12:22:04 PM »
Um... he wasn't trying for a high 5

Well shoot. He was taking a picture. That never happens to these players!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1176 on: April 28, 2018, 06:49:15 PM »
unless brogdon is still hobbled, he NEEDS to play(more) tonight for the deer to advance
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1177 on: April 28, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »
unless brogdon is still hobbled, he NEEDS to play(more) tonight for the deer to advance

Amen.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1178 on: April 28, 2018, 07:58:04 PM »
does prunty ever get his shirt wet and argue a little?  geez, show some emotion
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1179 on: April 28, 2018, 09:08:47 PM »
I wouldn’t let Prunty assist a freshman high school basketball team. Boston gets a mismatch every time down the court and gets a wide open shot almost every time down.

Not sure who I want to coach this team next year. But what I do know is between a coaching hire and GM hire this ownership has botched both the process of finding their guy and the actual result of who they hired. So I’m not all that confident that they’ll make a quality hire despite what I have to imagine would be a lot of interest in the opening.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1180 on: April 28, 2018, 09:22:55 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaadn the Bucks are dead.  Too bad.  So many great players, such awful coaching.

Better knock it out of the park this offseason.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1181 on: April 28, 2018, 09:26:36 PM »
I wouldn’t let Prunty assist a freshman high school basketball team. Boston gets a mismatch every time down the court and gets a wide open shot almost every time down.

Not sure who I want to coach this team next year. But what I do know is between a coaching hire and GM hire this ownership has botched both the process of finding their guy and the actual result of who they hired. So I’m not all that confident that they’ll make a quality hire despite what I have to imagine would be a lot of interest in the opening.

I'd love to suggest someone... but the best I can do is Doc.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1182 on: April 28, 2018, 09:32:31 PM »
Prunty will bee collectin' unemployment bye Monday. Horst soon ta follow, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1183 on: April 28, 2018, 09:34:18 PM »
Prunty will bee collectin' unemployment bye Monday. Horst soon ta follow, hey?

Prunty yes. I’d love that on Horst but think these owners will have too big of an ego to wave the white flag and admit their awful hire so quickly.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: April 28, 2018, 09:35:35 PM »
He gowne and its possible Edens byes a large chunk of Lasry out two, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1185 on: April 28, 2018, 09:40:05 PM »
I'd love to suggest someone... but the best I can do is Doc.

The first thing I’d do is provide a blank check to Jay Wright. When he passes I’d have a list of Fizdale, Bennett, Doc, and Monte Williams. My top choice from that would be Doc if he wouldn’t demand any type of roster control, but he would. I think he’s a great coach but bad at forming a roster.

He gowne and its possible Edens byes a large chunk of Lasry out two, hey?

They need that badly. The power struggle is awful for the franchise. And they need to hire a president of basketball ops and should have before they made their GM hire.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1186 on: April 28, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »
Won egomaniac is enough, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1187 on: April 28, 2018, 09:46:55 PM »
The first thing I’d do is provide a blank check to Jay Wright. When he passes I’d have a list of Fizdale, Bennett, Doc, and Monte Williams. My top choice from that would be Doc if he wouldn’t demand any type of roster control, but he would. I think he’s a great coach but bad at forming a roster.

I like the idea of Monte Williams.  Not sure how good Doc is actually.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1188 on: April 28, 2018, 09:48:07 PM »
Won egomaniac is enough, aina?

Amen.

On another note, the Bucks singlehandedly made Terry Rozier look infinitely more valuable than he is. Nice for the Celtics. Now they can sling him for another piece and get even richer. And he’ll go somewhere, not have Brad Stevens getting him looks, and be back to a solid backup quality PG.

If I’m the C’s I try giving up Brown, Rozier, and Smart for Kawhi. If I have to I’d even throw in a pick.

You could have Tatum, Hayward, and Kawhi switching everything from 2-4 with Horford and Kyrie as your 5 and 1.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1189 on: April 28, 2018, 09:48:37 PM »
These dudes know how to make money and that's all. I'll give them credit for jump starting a stagnant, stuck in the 60's city. But 3/4 of the current basketball roster is complete thrash.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1190 on: April 28, 2018, 09:50:00 PM »
I like the idea of Monte Williams.  Not sure how good Doc is actually.

I think Doc is a very good coach. The Clips were not a very good team this year but he kept them right in the hunt. But I don’t think he’s an absolute home run and I think the dynamics would be much like what the Bucks just had with Kidd where their head coach is constantly playing tug of war with the GM.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: April 28, 2018, 09:51:43 PM »
These dudes know how to make money and that's all. I'll give them credit for jump starting a stagnant, stuck in the 60's city. But 3/4 of the current basketball roster is complete thrash.

Semantics but I just think the roster is just poorly constructed. Too many similar players and not enough “modern” skills (pace and space).

What the Bucks do with Jabari will be VERY interesting. With the right coach I think Giannis, Middleton, and him can work together. But as it stands he doesn’t fit with Middleton and Giannis.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1192 on: April 28, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »
Stevens is a hell of a coach. If the Bucks learned anything in this series, it has to be making the playoffs is nothing without the homecourt advantage.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1193 on: April 28, 2018, 09:55:45 PM »
Jabari took a risk with his public statement after game 2. But, he walked the walk and the Bucks are complete idiots if they let the #2 pick in the draft leave without compensation. I'm guessing they won't match an offer, but work out a sign and trade.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1194 on: April 28, 2018, 10:03:13 PM »
Jabari took a risk with his public statement after game 2. But, he walked the walk and the Bucks are complete idiots if they let the #2 pick in the draft leave without compensation. I'm guessing they won't match an offer, but work out a sign and trade.

That's pie in the sky, though.  Jabari brings nothing they don't already have and everyone knows it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1195 on: April 28, 2018, 10:07:40 PM »
Disagree, Parker can at least shoot the ball which spreads the floor giving Giannis space to operate. Bucks don't have enough guys who can consistently knock down shots and the point guard spot is totally misconstructed.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1196 on: April 28, 2018, 10:11:59 PM »
Larry Sanders totally bf'ed the Bucks. They are missing what he provided before he got weird. Celtics had a free ride thru the Bucks Drive-Thru lane all series.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1197 on: April 28, 2018, 10:25:20 PM »
Disagree, Parker can at least shoot the ball which spreads the floor giving Giannis space to operate. Bucks don't have enough guys who can consistently knock down shots and the point guard spot is totally misconstructed.

Well except for Middleton and Bledsoe.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1198 on: April 29, 2018, 08:03:40 AM »
I think some teams, and Jabari himself, are going to view his value greater than the Bucks will.  Furthermore, the Snell and Delly contracts are just killing them right now.  Also they are going to have to extend Brogden and decide what they are going to do with Bledsoe. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1199 on: April 29, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »
A tiny piece of me is wondering if David Blair might be worth giving a chance to. Seeing that LBJ wanted Spoelstra out and we now see Spoelstra is clearly a very good NBA coach, the fact that LBJ forced Blatt out of Cleveland despite leading the Cavs to a Finals loss to the Warriors and then being in first place in the East when he was fired maybe Blatt is also a good coach. It’s clear LBJ’s hand picked Ty Lue is a horrendous coach.

feedback