[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 241720 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #1100 on: April 23, 2018, 11:13:32 PM »
I am all in on this Ingles George scuffle. Hilarious. George aught to be embarrassed.

The Mormons are mentally effing with the Thunder, and it is absolutely hilarious.  Even Mitt Romney is getting in on the action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYOJLrexL6c&feature=youtu.be
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1101 on: April 23, 2018, 11:58:34 PM »
The Mormons are mentally effing with the Thunder, and it is absolutely hilarious.  Even Mitt Romney is getting in on the action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYOJLrexL6c&feature=youtu.be

They are completely in OKC’s head. Jae getting into it with Westbrook

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1102 on: April 24, 2018, 07:35:37 AM »
Ya gotta hand it to Quin Snyder.  After he was run out of Mizzou he worked his way back up the ranks, including coaching in the D League and in Russia, and now does a lot with average NBA talent in Utah. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1103 on: April 24, 2018, 08:01:34 AM »
Ya gotta hand it to Quin Snyder.  After he was run out of Mizzou he worked his way back up the ranks, including coaching in the D League and in Russia, and now does a lot with average NBA talent in Utah.

Yup.  A lot of good hires recently.  Have to hope the Bucks are the next in line to make a good hire this offseason.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1104 on: April 24, 2018, 08:45:31 AM »
If Dwayne Wade and Nicky Van Exel ever were married and had a kid, he would be Donovan Mitchell.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1105 on: April 24, 2018, 11:09:28 AM »
They are completely in OKC’s head. Jae getting into it with Westbrook

My favorite part of that scuffle was that Jae drilled Adams in the face (inadvertantly) and Adams barely flinched. I was both Jae and Adams on my team!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1106 on: April 24, 2018, 11:18:49 AM »
My favorite part of that scuffle was that Jae drilled Adams in the face (inadvertantly) and Adams barely flinched. I was both Jae and Adams on my team!

Yup.  Adams is a big, bad dude.  If I had to choose one player off of the Thunder for my team it might be Adams.  Him or PG.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1107 on: April 24, 2018, 11:49:39 AM »
Yup.  Adams is a big, bad dude.  If I had to choose one player off of the Thunder for my team it might be Adams.  Him or PG.

The thing about Adams that is incredible is that he's both terrifying and remarkably calm.  Often the peacemaker, never really flies totally off the handle, but totally has the implicit feel that "i could easily end you" and the looks at offending parties to match.  He's fantastic

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1108 on: April 24, 2018, 12:09:58 PM »
The thing about Adams that is incredible is that he's both terrifying and remarkably calm.  Often the peacemaker, never really flies totally off the handle, but totally has the implicit feel that "i could easily end you" and the looks at offending parties to match.  He's fantastic

Great comment.

On an unrelated note, Mitchell is a stud. I'm so pissed the Hornets passed on him to take wimpy Malik Monk.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1109 on: April 24, 2018, 12:25:58 PM »

I have this many binders of women

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1110 on: April 24, 2018, 12:33:12 PM »

Perhaps the long-lasting effect of growing up as the youngest of 18 (!) siblings.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1111 on: April 24, 2018, 12:48:03 PM »
Great comment.

On an unrelated note, Mitchell is a stud. I'm so pissed the Hornets passed on him to take wimpy Malik Monk.

I loved Monk before the draft. I guess it shows what I know.

But what a great rookie group. Guys who aren't even being considered for ROY this year would have won it easily last year.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #1112 on: April 24, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »

Average? Mitchell is a Wade-esque stud and Rudy Gobert is a top 5 defender in the NBA with a good argument for DPOY. Then you have Rubio/Exum/Favors/Crowder who are all above average role players.

Put it this way: the Heat won with Wade (2006 version better than Mitchell at this point obviously), an over the hill Shaq (Gobert better now than that version of Shaq) and a cast of characters I absolutely hated outside of Haslem. Stick 2006 Wade on this team and it's better than the team that won it all.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1113 on: April 24, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
Average? Mitchell is a Wade-esque stud and Rudy Gobert is a top 5 defender in the NBA with a good argument for DPOY. Then you have Rubio/Exum/Favors/Crowder who are all above average role players.

Put it this way: the Heat won with Wade (2006 version better than Mitchell at this point obviously), an over the hill Shaq (Gobert better now than that version of Shaq) and a cast of characters I absolutely hated outside of Haslem. Stick 2006 Wade on this team and it's better than the team that won it all.

No love for team leader in VORP, Joe Ingles?!?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1114 on: April 24, 2018, 02:48:35 PM »
No love for team leader in VORP, Joe Ingles?!?

If you get a chance, check out Ingles' interview after the game last night. Fun stuff

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1115 on: April 24, 2018, 03:49:04 PM »
I loved Monk before the draft. I guess it shows what I know.

But what a great rookie group. Guys who aren't even being considered for ROY this year would have won it easily last year.

I might be guilty of judging him too early. The only way he works out is if he can play PG (and he has shown some signs that he can) and if Kemba leaves via free agency after next season (or is traded before then so the Hornets don't lose him without getting anything in return).

Paired with Kemba, he is a bad fit - two skinny little guards, one of whom plays D only slightly better than Rowsey (Monk) and the other willing to play D but too tiny.

Mitchell is taller, tougher, huge wingspan, likes playing D and has improved markedly on offense. Except for the last thing, we knew all of those on draft day. I was hoping somebody would take Monk so the Hornets wouldn't be tempted to draft him. Unfortunately, he "surprised" them by lasting to their pick.

I'm not nearly as big a Hornets fan as I am a Panthers fan, but I'd rather than win than lose. And they ain't winning, nor do they seem ready to win for quite some time. They are trapped in salary-cap hell with a bunch of not-quite-good-enough players.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1116 on: April 24, 2018, 04:03:48 PM »

I'm not nearly as big a Hornets fan as I am a Panthers fan, but I'd rather than win than lose. And they ain't winning, nor do they seem ready to win for quite some time. They are trapped in salary-cap hell with a bunch of not-quite-good-enough players.

I only follow the Hornets (somewhat) because Kemba is my grandson's favorite player ever.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1117 on: April 24, 2018, 06:26:14 PM »
Timberwolves gave up 50 in the third quarter last night.

If only they had a defense-minded coach!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1118 on: April 24, 2018, 06:51:40 PM »
We're 17 minutes into the game. Giannis has played 10 minutes. Why? He should sit 7 minutes total.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1119 on: April 24, 2018, 07:05:15 PM »
Great comment.

yo 82-your badger love aside ;), what is your opinion of frankie?  the main reason i ask is because he is the best friend and former h.s. classmate of my nephew.  so how is the carolina love for him out there?

funny story-my son(MU grad 2009) absolutely hates anything badger, but when he and my nephew got out of the dave mathews concert last summer, frankie treated them all to bottle service at some downtown chicago speakeasy.  i guess the drinks and the babes trumped going to some dive bar ?-(
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1120 on: April 24, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »
yo 82-your badger love aside ;), what is your opinion of frankie?  the main reason i ask is because he is the best friend and former h.s. classmate of my nephew.  so how is the carolina love for him out there?

funny story-my son(MU grad 2009) absolutely hates anything badger, but when he and my nephew got out of the dave mathews concert last summer, frankie treated them all to bottle service at some downtown chicago speakeasy.  i guess the drinks and the babes trumped going to some dive bar ?-(

He was trending up last season, but he regressed a little this year.

I'd say the Hornet faithful is skeptical if he can be an NBA player with any real long-term value.

Cool story about him being a decent guy, though. I don't know him at all, but I've read a lot about him since he got here. He's an interesting guy, seems intelligent, and also dances to the beat of his own drummer.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1121 on: April 24, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
He was trending up last season, but he regressed a little this year.

I'd say the Hornet faithful is skeptical if he can be an NBA player with any real long-term value.

Cool story about him being a decent guy, though. I don't know him at all, but I've read a lot about him since he got here. He's an interesting guy, seems intelligent, and also dances to the beat of his own drummer.

I think, on the right team, he could still be dancing all the way to the bank.  Hey, is macilvaine’s agent still around? 🤩
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1122 on: April 24, 2018, 08:02:26 PM »
I think, on the right team, he could still be dancing all the way to the bank.  Hey, is macilvaine’s agent still around? 🤩

I know a Sonics fan who is still pissed off with McIlvaine's contract.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1123 on: April 24, 2018, 08:04:07 PM »
Keep running Snell out there Prunty. Really giving you a ton of production. Not only tonight, not only this series, but all year.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1124 on: April 24, 2018, 08:05:16 PM »
At leest Frank isn't likely ta go all fookin' Larry Sanders on da Hornets, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"