'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Traci Carter to Transfer  (Read 49095 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Traci Carter to Transfer
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »
Wonderful place.  The art of the boot.

Back in the late 80's we toured Sprecher in its early days.  They let us sample products for literally four hours.  We finished the day at Zur Krone.  Good times.

I learned to master Das Boot at Zur Krone. A few years later, living outside of Bitburg, I watched more than a few Viper Drivers get a face wash from misaligned Boots.

The Zur Krone bartender was an older guy who might have been the owner. I think he gave us more than a few freebies back in the day. That was a damn fine watering hole with an outstanding selection of German craft beers.

Death on call

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2016, 01:20:50 PM »
We snuck in two gallon milk jugs filled with beer from our tailgater.  Cheap college students. The ushers looked the other way.

The victory parade on Wisconsin ave when the Brewers won the NL pennant was a sight to behold.
Yo, Chili AL, going to all playoff & world series games @ MKE priceless. What a team a bunch of nice crazy characters
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2016, 01:23:39 PM »
We used to trek down to the I'm really a badger fan Hey Sports Palace often, especially in the summer. I am an O's fan and most of the Marquette crew I knew was from the old AL East which was stacked.

The Yankees, O's, Tigers, Brewers, and BoSox were all winning around 90 games each and the arguments among us were intense.

The season the Brewers won the pennant came down to the final weekend at Memorial Stadium where the O's needed a sweep to claim the East. The O's took the first two and a sell out crowd all brought brooms for the last day which the Brewers won.

A little known fact is that Glenn Rivers' cousin, Kenny Singleton, was a fixture on those O's teams. The O's had him, Cal, Eddie Murray, Dauer, Lowenstein, and disco Dan but it was their pitching which made them great for years. In 82 the O's had Palmer, Bodds, McGregor, Flanagan, Dennis Martinez, Storm Davis, Stewart, and Grimsley as starters with Tippy Martinez, Stoddard, and Stanhouse in the pen. Formidable.

The Brewers actually were up 4 games with 5 to play. They lost at Boston, cutting their lead to 3 going into a season-ending 4-game series at Baltimore. They got crushed in a doubleheader on the Friday - both games were routs - and then lost something like 11-1 on the Saturday. That put the teams in a tie and set up Sunday as win-or-stay-home for both. The Brewers romped, and the rest is history.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2016, 01:25:25 PM »
Good luck Traci.  I liked your hard play hard work ethic.  We will miss you at Marquette.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
I learned to master Das Boot at Zur Krone. A few years later, living outside of Bitburg, I watched more than a few Viper Drivers get a face wash from misaligned Boots.

The Zur Krone bartender was an older guy who might have been the owner. I think he gave us more than a few freebies back in the day. That was a damn fine watering hole with an outstanding selection of German craft beers.

I spent many nights at Zur Krone and imbibed a few "Das Boots" in my time.  Yes, the "older" bartender was the owner, Dave Winkler, who also lived in the back living quarters.  It was always his dream to own a bar.. He was one of the first to have such a selection of world beers in those coolers and his jukebox had quite the assortment of world music.    Zur Krone is now a great restaurant named Crazy Water..

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2016, 03:06:51 PM »
The Brewers actually were up 4 games with 5 to play. They lost at Boston, cutting their lead to 3 going into a season-ending 4-game series at Baltimore. They got crushed in a doubleheader on the Friday - both games were routs - and then lost something like 11-1 on the Saturday. That put the teams in a tie and set up Sunday as win-or-stay-home for both. The Brewers romped, and the rest is history.

That was heartbreaking as an O's fan but I had been watching the Brew Crew more than anyone else in those days so I was glad they won it rather than the Yankees.

Memorial Stadium was rocking that day. The old AL East was awesome.

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2016, 05:39:18 PM »
I'm a fan of da O too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
Re: Traci Transferring
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2016, 07:50:23 AM »
Ahhh, no, no he was not. Cadougan was superior in all facets but defense.

and Shooting. 3 point shooting.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2016, 10:07:38 AM »
I'm a fan of da O too, hey?

priceless! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2016, 07:05:50 AM »
A little known fact is that Glenn Rivers' cousin, Kenny Singleton, was a fixture on those O's teams. The O's had him, Cal, Eddie Murray, Dauer, Lowenstein, and disco Dan but it was their pitching which made them great for years. In 82 the O's had Palmer, Bodds, McGregor, Flanagan, Dennis Martinez, Storm Davis, Stewart, and Grimsley as starters with Tippy Martinez, Stoddard, and Stanhouse in the pen. Formidable.

Kenny Singleton calls Yankee games on YES.  He's the only non-Yankee on the broadcast team.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2016, 07:35:52 AM »
Kenny Singleton calls Yankee games on YES.  He's the only non-Yankee on the broadcast team.

True, but did you know the New York Yankees were originally the Baltimore Orioles before moving to the Bronx? So in a way, Singleton played for the Yankees offspring.

feedback