[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Traci Carter to Transfer  (Read 48250 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Traci Transferring
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2016, 12:07:43 PM »
They can be used for a spring signee for next season. They cannot be used for a mid-season transfer.

Thats' what I thought.  THanks for confirming.  So we only have 1 scholarship for a mid season trasnfer. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Traci Transferring
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »
Why do you type like you're trying to sound like hick? Do you think you're funny?
[/q

Very wearisome schtick.uote]

;) :D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Traci Carter to Transfer
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2016, 01:12:21 PM »
You're trending towards Ners-level obsession

Right, cause two days is on the same level of 3 years...

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2016, 01:53:42 PM »
For those concerned about transfers and trying to figure it all out/or wanting to blame Wojo.  Quit trying, it is not reasonable to predict what is going on in the mind of an 18 year old kid.

Arizona State just had Sam Cunliffe transfer also, most heralded recruit for them in a decade, averaging 25 minutes a game and 9.5 pts/4.8 rbs.  Also claims to miss being home. 

Millions of possible reasons in all cases...rarely the coaches fault.

And for those thinking Cunliffe would be great for MU, yes we could use a guy like him, but no, he's likely headed to Washington or Oregon. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:56:18 PM by forgetful »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2016, 02:27:59 PM »
And for those thinking Cunliffe would be great for MU, yes we could use a guy like him, but no, he's likely headed to Washington or Oregon.

What school? Because all the high major schools in both of those states are in the p12 which he can't move transfer to. Maybe gonzaga?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »
For those of you who seem to think this is a unique problem, according to NCAA research 20% of all high school kids who go to D1 men's basketball teams transfer by the end of their freshman year, and that rate grows to 40% by the end of their sophomore year.  That ends up on average to be 1-2 kids per team every year.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/tracking-transfer-division-i-men-s-basketball

It's well documented that the number of transfers are skyrocketing -- although over the past two years they seem to have leveled out at about 550.

How much of this is attributable to the "millennial culture" in the "participation trophy" generation? This isn't just an issue for men's basketball, it's an issue in the workplace as well.  I can't tell you how many resumes I've seen lately where a 20-something has had six jobs in the last four years and wants to be paid $100k+.  Many have been raised to believe that they are the best at whatever they want to do and that it's OK to cut and run if you aren't happy.

A lot of these kids were the top stars in their schools, maybe even since grade school.  How many of them dream of one day making an NBA team? How many non-senior/logical one-and-dones decided to test the NBA waters when NCAA changed its rules last year? It would surprise me if any of them go to college thinking they will be a solid bench contributor for a four-year college career and then go use their free education to find a solid job in the community.  They are there to play, as well as showcase their talents to "the next level."  When that doesn't happen, they move on, for better or for worse. 

Plus, they are kids. They get homesick.  They have family issues.  Their brains aren't fully formed.  God knows I realize now how stupid I was in college, and I graduated near the top of my class.

Those who want to use these transfers as yet another black mark on the record of a coach they don't care for - for whatever reason - should look at facts before jumping to conclusions.  Sometimes the hoofbeats you hear really are just horses.

As for Traci, he is doing what he thinks is best for him right now.   I wish him all the best wherever he goes.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2016, 03:07:22 PM »
For those of you who seem to think this is a unique problem, according to NCAA research 20% of all high school kids who go to D1 men's basketball teams transfer by the end of their freshman year, and that rate grows to 40% by the end of their sophomore year.  That ends up on average to be 1-2 kids per team every year.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/tracking-transfer-division-i-men-s-basketball

Those who want to use these transfers as yet another black mark on the record of a coach they don't care for - for whatever reason - should look at facts before jumping to conclusions.  Sometimes the hoofbeats you hear really are just horses.

As for Traci, he is doing what he thinks is best for him right now.   I wish him all the best wherever he goes.

Amen, Mom. Legit criticism of coaches is fair, but transfers rarely fall into the legit category.

Echo your best wishes to Traci. He wasn't the greatest player, but he was a warrior on a team that needed some edge.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2016, 03:08:39 PM »
Right, cause two days is on the same level of 3 years...
No where did I say it was the same level, I said trending towards.  Look, you're normally a very balanced and thoughtful poster in my experience, so it was just odd to see you not only post the same thing over multiple days in multiple threads, but post it with that much heat. I didn't mean to actually equate you with Ners, it more like, "Whoa, don't keep going too far down that track, there's a cliff up ahead."  Apologies if it came out other than I intended.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2016, 03:12:38 PM »
No where did I say it was the same level, I said trending towards.  Look, you're normally a very balanced and thoughtful poster in my experience, so it was just odd to see you not only post the same thing over multiple days in multiple threads, but post it with that much heat. I didn't mean to actually equate you with Ners, it more like, "Whoa, don't keep going too far down that track, there's a cliff up ahead."  Apologies if it came out other than I intended.

It's all good, today's vitriol had more to do with a rough day than anything else.

Pshhh, apologizing and understanding on scoop. What has the world come to?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2016, 03:58:10 PM »

It's well documented that the number of transfers are skyrocketing -- although over the past two years they seem to have leveled out at about 550.

How much of this is attributable to the "millennial culture" in the "participation trophy" generation? This isn't just an issue for men's basketball, it's an issue in the workplace as well.  I can't tell you how many resumes I've seen lately where a 20-something has had six jobs in the last four years and wants to be paid $100k+.  Many have been raised to believe that they are the best at whatever they want to do and that it's OK to cut and run if you aren't happy.

A lot of these kids were the top stars in their schools, maybe even since grade school.  How many of them dream of one day making an NBA team? How many non-senior/logical one-and-dones decided to test the NBA waters when NCAA changed its rules last year? It would surprise me if any of them go to college thinking they will be a solid bench contributor for a four-year college career and then go use their free education to find a solid job in the community.  They are there to play, as well as showcase their talents to "the next level."  When that doesn't happen, they move on, for better or for worse. 

Plus, they are kids. They get homesick.  They have family issues.  Their brains aren't fully formed.  God knows I realize now how stupid I was in college, and I graduated near the top of my class.

+1

My fiance graduated with her Masters in May of 2015. She graduated with a cohort of 11 others for 12 total. She is one of THREE out of TWELVE, who are still in their first job after grad school. It hasn't even been two full years yet. In interest of full disclosure, 1 of those 9 never got a job after grad school but still, 8 out of 11 hated their first job and found a new one before even hitting the two year mark.

A skill that coaches used to not need as much as they do now is the ability to convince players to be role players before earning a starter's role. Does Wojo have it? He convinced Sacar to redshirt and he seemed happy with the decision. That's a positive sign.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2016, 11:02:54 PM »

Those who want to use these transfers as yet another black mark on the record of a coach they don't care for - for whatever reason -should look at factsbefore jumping to conclusions.  Sometimes the hoofbeats you hear really are just horses.

Facts?......You talking about facts? Mom, this is Scoop!!!
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2016, 11:17:33 PM »
Facts?......You talking about facts? Mom, this is Scoop!!!

We don't need no stinkin' facts.

They left cuz Wojo didn't have their backs.

I'm a poet, and I do know it!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2016, 09:50:33 AM »

Empirical evidence? On Scoop?

What the hell's wrong with you?

Death on call

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2016, 10:14:56 AM »
wojo should contact Cunlife

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2016, 10:18:45 AM »
wojo should contact Cunlife

Frankly, I'd be a little surprised to see him go anywhere besides Gonzaga. If he really wants to be closer to home, there really aren't any other options outside the Pac-12.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2016, 10:19:23 AM »
Empirical evidence? On Scoop?

What the hell's wrong with you?

I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »

I agree transfers are going to happen no matter who the coach is. 

I tend to judge if it was a 'loss' based on whether or not the transfer goes to an equal or better program (i.e. McKay & Burton) or is the transfer disruptive or negative to the team. 

My guess is Traci was popular with his teammates and he definitely way a vocal leader -- so I am slightly bummed about this one even if he wasnt going to contribute on the floor as heavily this year. 

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2016, 10:35:13 AM »
I agree transfers are going to happen no matter who the coach is. 

I tend to judge if it was a 'loss' based on whether or not the transfer goes to an equal or better program (i.e. McKay & Burton) or is the transfer disruptive or negative to the team. 

My guess is Traci was popular with his teammates and he definitely way a vocal leader -- so I am slightly bummed about this one even if he wasnt going to contribute on the floor as heavily this year.

That's a good point.  I like to call it the "2001-Ervin Johnson-Scott Williams Effect."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »

Have some patience, FFS.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »
That's a good point.  I like to call it the "2001-Ervin Johnson-Scott Williams Effect."

Dude, this is my safe space from 2001 Bucks.  Why!  Why!  Why!

I will now be reliving Big Dog's missed 6 footer in game 5 for the rest of the day.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2016, 11:06:25 AM »
Dude, this is my safe space from 2001 Bucks.  Why!  Why!  Why!

I will now be reliving Big Dog's missed 6 footer in game 5 for the rest of the day.

Don't worry, the Bucks will be back there soon enough.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2016, 11:17:47 AM »
I remember when I was shocked and panicked that two fringe player (Menard and Howard) transferred under Crean.    15 years later, it is now the norm.   I am blase' about it.    Listening to mom is important.    40% of players transfer before the end of their sophomore year.    Lots of theories and reasons as to why, and probably a grain of truth in all of them.    So it is important to remember, as we project the 2017 recruit class, that the odds of all of them playing 4 years at MU are miniscule.   Never stop recruiting.   Try to build a nice balance of stars and supporting players.    But remember, whatever you are projecting for the next year, whatever that next year may be, is wrong. 
The only constant thing is change.  Accept it.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »
Don't worry, the Bucks will be back there soon enough.

Probably sooner than the Bulls.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2016, 01:45:16 PM »
Frankly, I'd be a little surprised to see him go anywhere besides Gonzaga. If he really wants to be closer to home, there really aren't any other options outside the Pac-12.

I was under the impression that the PAC12 got rid of penalties for intra-conference transfer.  Because of that I had posted that I'd be shocked if he isn't going to Washington (home) or Oregon (with his sister).

Gonzaga would also be an option.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2016, 03:02:31 PM »
I was under the impression that the PAC12 got rid of penalties for intra-conference transfer.  Because of that I had posted that I'd be shocked if he isn't going to Washington (home) or Oregon (with his sister).

Gonzaga would also be an option.

If they did, you may well be right. Either way, I can't see him coming anywhere near Milwaukee, and feel a school in Washington or Oregon are the most likely options.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback