collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: We can do better. We need to. All MU fans  (Read 16783 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: We can do better. We need to. All MU fans
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 07:00:09 PM »
Welcome back, Jams. I don't always agree with you, in fact you can be maddeningly infuriating, but you make Scoop a better place.

I happen to disagree, Crash. I have enjoyed Scoop much more without chicos (and Ners and a few other irritants).

Now, maybe Jams will be one we can enjoy; this was a good start. If he gets back on, we'll see.

Chicos? Good effen riddance.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 08:12:09 PM »
Very infrequent poster here.  I posted just the other day because it appeared to be a chicos free zone for once. 
While I think its good for chicos that he can reflect and see his actions it remains true that he held this board hostage for years and in my humble opinion destroyed the board. 
Now I am sorry he had a loss and and glad he has done some soul searching, however, his character has been revealed for the better part of a decade.  I hope one days clarity doesnt cause everyone to forget this.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 08:39:34 PM »
Norm, is dat you, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 09:01:30 PM »
Very infrequent poster here.  I posted just the other day because it appeared to be a chicos free zone for once. 
While I think its good for chicos that he can reflect and see his actions it remains true that he held this board hostage for years and in my humble opinion destroyed the board. 
Now I am sorry he had a loss and and glad he has done some soul searching, however, his character has been revealed for the better part of a decade.  I hope one days clarity doesnt cause everyone to forget this.
+1

Wish him the best and hope all works out for the best but if you're constantly going back to a situation and being told it's now toxic........it may be you.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 03:23:19 PM »
Jams, we've had our disagreements over the years. Your apology seems sincere. I will leave it up to the mods as to whether your ban gets lifted or not, but if it does we can start fresh again. Let me know when you're at the BC this year, and if I'm there I'd like to buy you a beer at halftime.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know that first loves are definitely real, even if it is not the person you end up marrying.

Be well. Go MU.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:26:43 PM by Coleman »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »
We all have an inner Chicos. We all can be self important, argumentative, obnoxious. We all can be preachers who would rather prove (LOL) how smart we are than listen to someone else and maybe learn something. We all can be needy, seeking self approval - and angry when we don't get it. I could go on (and on) but enough.

Some have conquered their inner Chicos - good for them. Others (present company included) are works in progress. Chico's note suggests he'd like to join group #2. That takes a humility and self awareness that has been mostly absent in his postings. I think that's something worth celebrating. So...

Sorry for your loss Chico, and if it's OK with the Mods, welcome back. Your need (desire?) to make yourself and your personal life the epicenter of your Epiphany makes me a little squirmy, but maybe that's just me.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:45:35 PM by Lennys Tap »

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 03:59:38 PM »

Seconded. I offer Chicos my genuine condolences--losing someone with whom you are (or were) close can be reality-shaking and I'm truly sorry for your loss.

I do think that's a different issue than being a part of this little community here. I haven't posted much over the years because I'd see every thread devolve into name-calling and emotional BS-ing. And at the heart of every one of those devolutions was Chicos. Just see the post-election thread the mods let run less than a week ago...for hours and pages full of comments, we had an impassioned but civil dialogue about something big that happened. When did that change? When Chicos arrived, shamelessly pretending to be a black man living in Madison so he could get some leverage in a debate on race (weird and vile conduct that really bothered me and should bother you too). Chicos, when you feel obligated to pretend you're black to support your position on race, you might want to re-think your position.

And that's only re-enforced today. What started as a poignant post about grief and perspective turned into defensive posturing and coded finger-pointing. We've seen this for a decade. I'll happily have a beer with the real life guy behind Chicos...seriously, I'll be in town for a game or two so feel free to PM me. But, to the extent this thread is a referendum on whether to allow Chicos (or Jams, or Hoopaloop, or RahRah, or badgerhoney) back, my vote is this: the little community is better off without it.

CreanLover

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 06:00:09 PM »
Tragic as it may be, how did Mrs. Hoopaloop react to you going off the rails at the death of your former girlfriend?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 06:07:17 PM »
Sincerely sorry for your loss.

Having said that, if I'm ever at a crossroads in my life and questioning what's really important in life, sorry, but I'm probably focusing more on spending quality, loving time with my family and close friends.  While I truly do enjoy the community of MU basketball nerds like myself, if I ever get to the point in my life where I think only the worst and darkest parts of me come out on an internet forum and I'm trying to leave those dark parts of me behind, I'm probably saying "adios" to that forum of a bunch of people I've never met, especially if that forum has already attempted to make me say "adios" a number of times before.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

hyperhoopaloop

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 06:30:58 PM »
When Chicos arrived, shamelessly pretending to be a black man living in Madison so he could get some leverage in a debate on race (weird and vile conduct that really bothered me and should bother you too).

whaaaat?  that it too grand.  can someone please confirm that, or link to the post if still up?

hyperhoopaloop

• Walk-On
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 06:32:32 PM »
Tragic as it may be, how did Mrs. Hoopaloop react to you going off the rails at the death of your former girlfriend?

+1000.  seriously

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 06:46:18 PM »
whaaaat?  that it too grand.  can someone please confirm that, or link to the post if still up?

I wouldn't normally take the bait but it was a really terrible thing to say and do (and it isn't the only example, just the worst). It's like a bad comedy bit except Chicos was dead serious:

Do you speak for the AA community?  My wife and I are part of today's black America.  We live in the US, in a white state and a white city, but are minorities.  The media does not like to talk to people like me, an educated African American man who doesn't vote or conform the way I am expected to.  They don't like my views typically, or those of Mr. Thomas, Dr. Carson, Mr. Elder, Mr. Sowell, Mr. Watts, Ms. Rice,  because it doesn't allow their agenda to be played.

This does not mean there is work that needs to be done, but it is time for a different approach. The current approach is the same as the last approach since the 1960's. It keeps people in poverty, by design.  If ever there was a book for you to read. Please Stop Helping Us.  How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed.    We know you mean well, but you perpetuate the problem.

What you rarely read in the media is the perspective if slavery never happened in this country.  We have all read about the atrocities of slavery and no one can pretend they didn't happen.  A human tragedy.  However, did it also ultimately lead to prosperity for people of color in the long run?  Would my ancestors have remained in Africa and never materialized here in the new world without slavery?  Where would millions of African Americans be that have some of the highest standards of living and education in the world  if they never left the Congo, Nigeria, Angola, Gabon, Ghana, Senegal and Gambia?  Those from Jamaica or other island nations?  The educated African American community has debated this, and we know the evil of slavery also led to opportunities likely impossible without it.  We know 620,000 Union men died for our freedom.  We know racism exists still, but the level it is perpetuated at is used as a tool to drive an agenda. To magnify remote instances to outrage voters and keep the money flowing.  Call me Uncle, it will not be the last.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:50:55 PM by Babybluejeans »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2016, 06:51:01 PM »
  " When Chicos arrived, shamelessly pretending to be a black man living in Madison so he could get some leverage in a debate on race (weird and vile conduct that really bothered me and should bother you too). Chicos, when you feel obligated to pretend you're black to support your position on race, you might want to re-think your position. "

source please! 

"And that's only re-enforced today. What started as a poignant post about grief and perspective turned into defensive posturing and coded finger-pointing. We've seen this for a decade."

that was nasty

you probably should quit at this part-

"Seconded. I offer Chicos my genuine condolences--losing someone with whom you are (or were) close can be reality-shaking and I'm truly sorry for your loss."

i'll leave the beer summit part up to chicos/jams---cue in the serenity prayer.  God knows that i need it right now

don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2016, 07:34:08 PM »

My wife's first serious boyfriend was ver sick a couple years ago and she went and spent some time with him. He got better and they text back and forth occasionally now.

None of this bothers me. We've been married 27 years. I'm secure in my relationship.

brandx

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »

My wife's first serious boyfriend was ver sick a couple years ago and she went and spent some time with him. He got better and they text back and forth occasionally now.

None of this bothers me. We've been married 27 years. I'm secure in my relationship.

Ain't it wonderful to have a relationship like that? Ours is the same. Either one of us could deal with something like this in our own way and the other would be fine with it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2016, 08:54:47 PM »

Sultan - I totally get what you say and agree.

But if she had returned from her visit saying he was (along with you) the love of her life, the most beautiful person (inside and out) that she'd ever met and someone who ideally she would have shared her life with - you'd be OK with that?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2016, 09:27:09 PM »
Sultan - I totally get what you say and agree.

But if she had returned from her visit saying he was (along with you) the love of her life, the most beautiful person (inside and out) that she'd ever met and someone who ideally she would have shared her life with - you'd be OK with that?

Well yeah he did go a bit overboard...

hepennypacker5000

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 09:49:43 PM »
I'd be pretty surprised if the majority of this board haven't dealt with a death that wasn't very, very significant to them personally. How many of them took that out on other people?

I get that you're going through hard times right now, but that does not excuse literally anything you've done on this board. I respect your mea culpa, but your failure to respond in kind is something you've railed against for years. Where does personal responsibility and pulling yourself up by your bootstraps work into this?

Jams

• Walk-On
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2016, 10:40:56 PM »

My wife knew how much I loved her, but she knows even more how much I love her....many years of marriage, two children, rock solid.  My wife is also the best thing that ever happened to me.  She's been amazing in all of this and we saw my girlfriend when she was sick the first bout of cancer.  When you have a rock solid relationship built on trust and love, this stuff doesn't get in the way at all.

Jams

• Walk-On
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2016, 10:45:17 PM »
I had to objectives here, and that was it.

1)  Apologize, get some things off my chest.  Own up to some things.
2)  Hopefully get people to stop with the racist stuff, which is so inapprorpriate.

I wish you all well.  I don't want to see a bunch of people creating accounts like some have just to respond here.  Or claim I am some Badger fan or whatever.  I wish you all well.   Keefe, 4ever, Rocket, etc...thanks for emails.  All the best.  Hope to see you in January....I won't be back, that was never my intent.

Cheers. 

hepennypacker5000

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2016, 11:34:00 PM »
My wife knew how much I loved her, but she knows even more how much I love her....many years of marriage, two children, rock solid.  My wife is also the best thing that ever happened to me.  She's been amazing in all of this and we saw my girlfriend when she was sick the first bout of cancer.  When you have a rock solid relationship built on trust and love, this stuff doesn't get in the way at all.

Does your wife not think it's super unnatural carnal knowledgeing weird you still call her your girlfriend?

CreanLover

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 04:02:34 AM »
Does your wife not think it's super unnatural carnal knowledgeing weird you still call her your girlfriend?
And how, does "the girlfriend's" husband feel about this? I'm trying to recall a stranger thread in the glorious history of muscopp.

This is PRN, by the way. I'm having password issues. Also, my girlfriend from junior high just found out she has clyamydia and I'm a bit of a wreck.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 07:02:14 AM »
And how, does "the girlfriend's" husband feel about this? I'm trying to recall a stranger thread in the glorious history of muscopp.

This is PRN, by the way. I'm having password issues. Also, my girlfriend from junior high just found out she has clyamydia and I'm a bit of a wreck.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people?  And how do comments like this make you any better than Chicos?
Have some patience, FFS.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2016, 07:49:32 AM »
Seriously, what is wrong with you people?  And how do comments like this make you any better than Chicos?

I've been in this camp for a long time.  People loved fueling the fire and then playing the victim card time and time again.  A lot more at fault than just Chicos over the years.

brandx

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2016, 07:50:49 AM »

Methinks it is merely mockery for chicas trying to grab attention again. Sometimes we forget it is all about him and he needs to remind us.

feedback