[Today at 06:28:43 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by mileskishnish72
[Today at 05:50:19 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by barfolomew
[Today at 05:19:49 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 10:43:34 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rockhurst Takeaways  (Read 15830 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Rockhurst Takeaways
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2016, 09:50:45 PM »
Didn't get to see the game. How many turnovers did we have? Did the game look sloppy?

Did you read this thread?
Have some patience, FFS.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »
Didn't get to see the game. How many turnovers did we have? Did the game look sloppy?

Door #1   Post 14
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2016, 10:32:37 PM »
Looking at the box score two things stood out to me that I did not realize during the game. JJJ had 6 assists and Reinhardt had zero rebounds.
JJJ is our best passer, he is quick, has great vision and looks to make assists.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2016, 10:33:05 PM »
The uniforms look great in action.

Agreed. Love the home whites.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2016, 04:41:30 AM »
vandy-5:30 game time?  obviously the early tv slot of a dbl header.  hopefully people can get the early seating for their fish frys and traffic will probably show a sparse crowd until 1/2 way thru the half, eyn'a?  adjust the schedules accordingly and let's see some roundball
don't...don't don't don't don't

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2016, 05:37:05 AM »
vandy-5:30 game time?  obviously the early tv slot of a dbl header.  hopefully people can get the early seating for their fish frys and traffic will probably show a sparse crowd until 1/2 way thru the half, eyn'a?  adjust the schedules accordingly and let's see some roundball

Considering it's in Annapolis, I'd guess most fans are traveling for this one and will plan accordingly around the tip time.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2016, 05:38:46 AM »
Nm
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:41:38 AM by real chili 83 »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2016, 08:01:29 AM »
I do not remember Wilson's, but I think he turned it over on a drive. Heldt and Rowsey got called for a baby step before they drove. Heldt's I could see from the stands and it did not surprise me. Rowsey faked a shot shot and started to drive. That one call I was not expecting. Carter started to pass and stopped. It was an obvious call, but may of been caused by the player Carter was going to pass to all of a sudden not being open. A travel is better than a stolen pass. Cohen's turnover I did not agree with. He drove in for a basket got hit from behind before he fell into a defender under the basket. When they blew the whistle I was expecting the foul to be on the defender that hit Cohen in the back first, but it was called a charge. Only 5 turnovers and Wilson's was the only one that could of been a live ball turnover. Very impressive showing by the team, especially since they played 11 players.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2016, 08:08:39 AM »
430 Milwaukee time.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2016, 08:09:15 AM »
Seemed like another family scrimmage. Last year was the Ellenson reunion & this year vs Drew & Dick Dieners Rockhurst club (37-92 last 5 years in D2).

But hey, atleast MU smashed them more than DePaul did! Is it Friday yet  :)?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:15:19 AM by WarriorPride68 »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2016, 08:17:46 AM »
Wilson's was up top and the result of a very bad handle.

MU had four of the five turnovers at half...which in a garbage game, is impressive to limit it. Versus Valley City last year, MU had five turnovers in the first 12 minutes, on the way to 16.  The early season focus is there.  Let's hope it continues.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2016, 08:39:55 AM »
Vandy is a 5:30 local time start.

Game starts at 6:30 EST.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2016, 09:11:17 AM »
430 Milwaukee time.

I actually think it is 5:30 Milwaukee time, at least according to the CBS Sports broadcast info on both Time-Warner and DirecTV.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2016, 09:51:17 AM »
Vandy is a 5:30 local time start.

Game starts at 6:30 EST.

This is correct.  I've got it up in the top banner.  Scoop time is Central time.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2016, 09:59:29 AM »
This is correct.  I've got it up in the top banner.  Scoop time is Central time.

Dangit, Rocky, Scoop time is ALL the time!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Slim

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »
Wilson's was up top and the result of a very bad handle.

MU had four of the five turnovers at half...which in a garbage game, is impressive to limit it. Versus Valley City last year, MU had five turnovers in the first 12 minutes, on the way to 16.  The early season focus is there.  Let's hope it continues.

I turned to my wife before Duane's turnover and said, "why is Duane bringing the ball up court when they have 2 better ball handlers , Howard and Rowsey,  in the game?" As usual,  she didn't appreciate my genius!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2016, 01:01:48 PM »

MUs play wasn't very sloppy at all, IMO.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2016, 02:51:30 PM »
Not that it will matter this season, but was anyone else impressed by the new walk on as I was. He got called for three quick fouls, but he really went after the rebounds. He reminded me of the Seton Hall type player.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2016, 05:46:44 PM »
My big takeaway is we don't stink. You can't tell a lot on the upside against these preseason cupcakes except "do we stink?" Do we struggle to win by 20? Was it painful to watch.

But none of that. We did what a good team would do. But are we good?

Vanderbilt will tell us.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2016, 05:50:44 PM »
Not that it will matter this season, but was anyone else impressed by the new walk on as I was. He got called for three quick fouls, but he really went after the rebounds. He reminded me of the Seton Hall type player.

I commented to chick that if we ever need to play hackaplayer.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »
29 assists.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »

Now I know why my dog always pooped an hour earlier over the summer. The scooper is on time now that were on CDT here on the East Coast.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2016, 10:00:17 AM »
29 assists.
The following statement is in line with free throws do not matter claim, which I do not agree with. They do matter in close games.
I find the number of assists on baskets made as irrelevant. A basket made is a basket made whether it is associated with an assist or not. Sure it is a sign that the team is sharing the ball. It is also a sign that a team is not scoring off offensive rebounds or drives to the basket. I rather watch a player with a Wade type move blow by a player than watch someone pass the ball so someone can shoot a jumper. Feel free to disagree with me on this as I am sure there are plenty of people (maybe everyone besides me) that think assists matter. Just about every post game show Buzz and Wojo talk about the assist to basket ratio and I always think so what.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »
It was scheduled to be at 4:30pm and 7pm, but got changed in August to 5:30pm CT and 8pm for MU/Vandy & Ohio State/Navy. Both games on CBSSN.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
The following statement is in line with free throws do not matter claim, which I do not agree with. They do matter in close games.
I find the number of assists on baskets made as irrelevant. A basket made is a basket made whether it is associated with an assist or not. Sure it is a sign that the team is sharing the ball. It is also a sign that a team is not scoring off offensive rebounds or drives to the basket. I rather watch a player with a Wade type move blow by a player than watch someone pass the ball so someone can shoot a jumper. Feel free to disagree with me on this as I am sure there are plenty of people (maybe everyone besides me) that think assists matter. Just about every post game show Buzz and Wojo talk about the assist to basket ratio and I always think so what.

I agree, I mean so what if some of the best basketball minds in the country have identified this as a key statistic for success I want to see a player with a once in a generation talent blow by people and not pass the ball. I mean sure if he's not going to pass then it'll be easier for other teams to double and triple team him but so what.

Assists matter they are a correlated with successfully breaking down a defense and playing the offense that the coach has installed (unless that offense is just isolation)
Maigh Eo for Sam