collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Boston Market Expanding Overseas  (Read 8461 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Boston Market Expanding Overseas
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2016, 08:31:44 AM »
Chicago is regularly rated one of the top restaurant cities IN THE WORLD, yet its second tier in your opinion.  And I don't know where this Nantucket notion comes from.  Probably from a good, old school dining experience in the 70s.  Not to mention no mention of LA or SF, probably 2 of the top 5 restaurant scenes in the country.

Vogue, you're a good guy and I don't mean to disparage your many years of dining experience, but you seem as qualified to speak on the current dining scene in the US as I do on the bar scene at Marquette in the mid 60s, 20 years before I was born.

+1

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2016, 02:13:18 AM »
Every time I step into a Boston Market, I'm reminded of cafeteria style food/servings.
SS Marquette

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2016, 05:54:25 AM »
Every time I step into a Boston Market, I'm reminded of cafeteria style food/servings.

i didn't even know they still existed-i see there are 10 in the milwaukee metro area including 2 in racine.  when you can go to just about any grocery store and buy a whole rotissierre chicken for around $6-7, add some slaw and beans or whatever for another $5, who needs a B.M.?
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2016, 09:28:27 AM »
i didn't even know they still existed-i see there are 10 in the milwaukee metro area including 2 in racine.  when you can go to just about any grocery store and buy a whole rotissierre chicken for around $6-7, add some slaw and beans or whatever for another $5, who needs a B.M.?

After that meal, just about everyone.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2016, 08:05:55 PM »

i'm laffing my arse off-cheezus that was funny.  i see, i forgot to tro in some gas-x to minimize the brain damage

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »

To think the Arabs believe they've been getting hammered by American natural gas production already...
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
Karl Ratchies bas since been sold,  menu was updated and interiors completely gone over for the 1st time in generations

Yep it was Frenchy's ran by Paul LaPointe.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »
I see that the Gasthaus is closing.  I think that the main problem here is that German food, while good, isn't exactly in the mainstream these days.  I mean, look at this.

http://www.weissgerbergroup.com/gasthaus/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/NEW-Dining-Room-Menu-2016-WS.pdf

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2016, 11:51:11 AM »
I see that the Gasthaus is closing.  I think that the main problem here is that German food, while good, isn't exactly in the mainstream these days.  I mean, look at this.

http://www.weissgerbergroup.com/gasthaus/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/NEW-Dining-Room-Menu-2016-WS.pdf

No, the main reason is an estate issue and the family can't settle ownership of the building so they sold it to a developer. Now there will be Panda Express + another stripmall with a coffee shop. My lord the suburbs suck donkey sack. Chains, stripmalls, no soul. Puke. 
But I like to throw handfuls...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
No, the main reason is an estate issue and the family can't settle ownership of the building so they sold it to a developer. Now there will be Panda Express + another stripmall with a coffee shop. My lord the suburbs suck donkey sack. Chains, stripmalls, no soul. Puke.

wow!  really?  the gasthaus restaurant bldg is a nice looking bldg. a little out of place on the busy intersection, but they've been there for a while. that's too bad.  i guess chains and strip malls are where the money is, but panda express??  aren't they like the taco bell of chinese food?  them and wangs wok?     i've never been to a panda's-are they that good? 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2016, 06:52:49 PM »
wow!  really?  the gasthaus restaurant bldg is a nice looking bldg. a little out of place on the busy intersection, but they've been there for a while. that's too bad.  i guess chains and strip malls are where the money is, but panda express??  aren't they like the taco bell of chinese food?  them and wangs wok?     i've never been to a panda's-are they that good?

no, you're right. I love me some Panda Express, but it is as Chinese as Taco Bell is Mexican.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2016, 08:42:11 PM »

There is vacant storefronts within a PW of the gasthaus. Not sure there is really much there but there must be. It's like there is no master plan for Waukesha - oh wait, burbs dont do that.
But I like to throw handfuls...

feedback