[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reseating...  (Read 89079 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Reseating...
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »
I'm not saying it's unfair...It is what it is...I just find it ironic that so many of the same people that swore they would never move upstairs a few years ago, have moved upstairs since reseating started every year. You do raise a good point though, about season ticket longevity, I do think they could give you added points for consecutive years of being a STH..I mean that should count for something. I have donated the last 3 years, hoping it would bump me significantly enough(like up at least a couple thousand spots) to get what I want. In reality, the donations I have made really haven't done me anything...Made my largest donation last year and I think I moved up about an hour..Really??

They do.  Consecutive season ticket seasons is a criterion, actually pretty heavily weighted.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »
They do.  Consecutive season ticket seasons is a criterion, actually pretty heavily weighted.

Eh, it's only 2 points though...they should institute a "bonus" for say, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years etc. Like give additional points when you reach those thresholds..
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2017, 12:20:10 PM »
I will say, it's surprising that MU hasn't done a better job of putting the right value on the seats. Maybe we're in the minority but I find sitting in the first two rows of the upper deck to be more valuable than the last two rows of the lower.

It makes sense that they wouldn't mess with it this year eng.  But chick and I were just talking yesterday about the interesting calculation we'll face next year.  'Our' prime uppers next year will be inferior seats almost for sure.  So the question we'll face is 'do we go lower bowl at a higher price point' vs 'do we stay in our prime uppers'.  It'll depend partly on how they price those two products.

Did you pick yet eng? Coming over to our side or does #noredforowen insist on his favorite bathroom being handy!  ;D

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2017, 12:22:24 PM »
Eh, it's only 2 points though...they should institute a "bonus" for say, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years etc. Like give additional points when you reach those thresholds..

Not a terrible idea.  I suppose no system is perfect.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »
Man, before they went to every-year-reseating .. on the yearly form, you could check "please call me to reseat" or something like that.   Every year they'd call and I always improved my seat, sometimes preposterously so .. I went from row W to row C one year, sitting with some big muckity mucks.

Also one year, they offered me a seat one section over, but I figured the extra $600 wasn't worth moving 12 feet left.

That's kinda why I've stopped making extra donations.  I'll forever be in 203 or 211, they are good enough, and moving one section over would take many years of sizable donations .. all so I can be 30 feet over and pay more?  Nah, I'm good.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2017, 01:22:22 PM »
Question about picking a row and not being able to actually see the seats..should I opt to go this route..does anyone know if I call the ticket office at the time I select..if they would/could tell me what exact seats are available?

Because i LOVE aisle seats..but..I don't want to select a "row" and gamble that I will get the aisle, when in reality I end up in the middle of the row..or..say I select a row that has all the seats available..can I call them and say "make sure I'm on the aisle"?

They will not tell you exactly what's available. The aisles generally go first. If there are 4 or more seats taken in the row, it's usually safe to assume the aisles are gone. I wanted an aisle last year and I looked for the best row in my desired section where no seats were taken. I then told them "I want this row, preferably on the aisle closest to center court" and I got the exact seats I expected to get.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2017, 01:29:17 PM »
Did you pick yet eng? Coming over to our side or does #noredforowen insist on his favorite bathroom being handy!  ;D
As of 1:26PM CST our tickets from last year are still available and we pick at 1:58PM CST so I'm guessing Owen is getting his favorite bathroom out of the deal.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2017, 01:48:08 PM »
As of 1:26PM CST our tickets from last year are still available and we pick at 1:58PM CST so I'm guessing Owen is getting his favorite bathroom out of the deal.
Just reached Eng Boss.  Emergency project he'll expect by top of hour!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2017, 02:00:04 PM »
Just reached Eng Boss.  Emergency project he'll expect by top of hour!

Same seatsies....plenty of party room in section 422
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2017, 02:08:28 PM »
Same seatsies....plenty of party room in section 422

As I'm thinking, #nored will soon be interested in the coor's light chicks lining up for beer anyway!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2017, 02:58:32 PM »
At the BC, I actually prefer sitting higher than lower because of the quick exit, the video board (no crooked necks), and assured aisle leg room. I am looking forward to the new basketball fan designed arena and seats.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2017, 03:01:30 PM »
As I get older the cupholder will be the biggest improvement so I don't have to bend over to get my beer.
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »
As I'm thinking, #nored will soon be interested in the coor's light chicks lining up for beer anyway!

The dude is a lady's man

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2017, 04:04:12 PM »
As of 3:30pm, inventory was quite a bit better in the end zone and corner lowers relative to my selection time last year.  Closest to the court throughout was a pair in 204-C or the last row of 101. 

For four tickets, best available was end zones rows D/E, corners row M, and baselines row P.  That's with a rank in the mid 1500's, which according to the yellow sheet is the median.

Next year is going to be super interesting... lots of folks going to be flying blind.  I wonder if the new arena will even be to the point where they could do an open house before reseating starts.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »
Next year is going to be super interesting... lots of folks going to be flying blind.  I wonder if the new arena will even be to the point where they could do an open house before reseating starts.

Maybe if they pushed it back to September.

I'll be interested to see how much they borrow from the Bucks pricing model for the new place.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2017, 04:15:02 PM »
I knew it, I should have never bothered to look...extremely disappointed AGAIN, pretty much everything in the first five rows upper center courts are taken... >:( C'mon people, take lowers for crying out loud!

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2017, 04:19:10 PM »
Anyone know why 219 is 95% empty? People don't like sitting next to the band/students, I take it?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2017, 04:38:56 PM »
Anyone know why 219 is 95% empty? People don't like sitting next to the band/students, I take it?

I think because there's still stuff left in other sections. 218 has a loyal following of people that specifically want to be there and have been for a long time, and there's still good seats that are more interior at the same price point. 209 and 205, which are similar angles in the southeast and southwest corners, are similarly open.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »

Absolutely, first year I had tickets and sat in the upper deck section next to the students and it was awful for the big games especially concessions and bathrooms.

*not a judgement on student behavior, you do you Lord knows we did the same thing. Just don't need to be by it once my main goal isn't to be drunk AF

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
Just made my selection, and actually pleased for the first time in years. Moved a section closer to center court (from 218 to 217) and moved down 5 rows, though that was largely because I made sure to get aisle seats last year.

Had I had the same criteria as last year, I still would've moved up one row while also moving one section closer to center.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »
I used to ask for isle seats. Now I ask for the middle seats. There are two problems with isle seats. First you have to get up to let people in and out. The other one, depending on which isle you are on, the people walking up or down the isle can block your view. Maybe this is not a problem in the upper sections, but there are a lot of people in the lowers that show up after the game or half has started.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »
Wasn't happy with my choices..It seems I keep donating, keep moving up in rank, and every year the choices aren't as good. Sure, I could have easily gone downstairs...but I'm fine upstairs, but I REALLY want to be in one of the two centert court sections...400, 422. And sure I could have sat there, but nothing closer then 7 rows deep(and then I wouldn''t have been assured aisle seats). 5 minutes before I was to select someone took my seats from last year...so I saw the two on the aisle same row other side and was going to take those two..two minutes later, those were gone..So i actually moved up a row, other end(closer to center court).

I'm done donating though, it's not doing me a bit of good.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2017, 07:15:12 PM »
102 EE
lots still available

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »

I'm done donating though, it's not doing me a bit of good.

Which, of course, is the entire point of charitable giving.
Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2017, 07:31:20 PM »
Which, of course, is the entire point of charitable giving.

Again chick, as I noted...I am not an alum...so my ONLY ties or interest in the University is the basketball program. Sorry, but that's just the way it is..so I want my donations to have a positive effect on ME.