[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reseating...  (Read 89078 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Reseating...
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2017, 09:32:07 PM »
It is part of the stupid Wisconsin Department of Revenue rule. There would be sales tax on the donation, if you can pick your actual seats.
if it was just sales tax, we would not be doing this.  If it is, shame on MU.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »
if it was just sales tax, we would not be doing this.  If it is, shame on MU.

Pretty sure it is an income tax issue.
Have some patience, FFS.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »
Pretty sure it is an income tax issue.
You are correct.  I meant to say "If it was..."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »
Just bought my seats. Same as last year. 

Plenty of seats left in the lower bowl, but we would rather be in one of the front rows of the upper bowl at center court than buy significantly more expensive lower bowl seats towards the ends.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:59:29 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2017, 06:04:30 PM »

Plenty of seats left in the lower bowl, but we would rather be in one of the front rows of the upper bowl at center court than buy significantly more expense lower bowl seats towards the ends.

Did it seem like more inventory was available in both upper and lower?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »
Yes.  But we are picking a day earlier than we did last year, so I am not sure it's apples to apples.
Have some patience, FFS.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2017, 06:50:05 PM »
Anyone have the link for the seat selection site?  Thanks

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2017, 07:41:03 PM »
It's

marquettereseating.com

But you won't be able to look at anything unless you have a user id and password.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2017, 07:54:42 PM »

Plenty of seats left in the lower bowl, but we would rather be in one of the front rows of the upper bowl at center court than buy significantly more expense lower bowl seats towards the ends.

Picking tomorrow, I haven't even looked at seats. It will only disappoint me unless I wait until an hour or so before my slot.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2017, 08:04:24 PM »
Picking tomorrow, I haven't even looked at seats. It will only disappoint me unless I wait until an hour or so before my slot.

As  STHOTG last year we would have thought you would have picked right before or after Daddy!

fjm

• All American
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2017, 08:05:03 AM »
Picking tomorrow afternoon. Although I work during the time I pick.
This is also my first time picking so I'm quite sure I'll mess this up.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2017, 09:37:59 AM »
Just checked out the map... today is the second to last day of reseating, and there is a lot of inventory left. There must have been a ton of people who dropped their season tix.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2017, 09:44:46 AM »
I also thought there was more available than usual. Perhaps, some don't want to spend that amount of coin with the new arena just a year away.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
Picking today at 520. While driving to Wrigley. Should be a fun experience. Hopefully get the same seats for the 7th year straight

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2017, 11:18:47 AM »
Just checked out the map... today is the second to last day of reseating, and there is a lot of inventory left. There must have been a ton of people who dropped their season tix.

The ticket office was tweeting that renewals were better than ever ... I'm pretty sure about 50% of people select their seats in the final 2 or 3 days, with about 15 minutes in between selections. The big donors get a longer window. Not many people select those first few days.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2017, 11:39:22 AM »
I know I'm going to end up disappointed at what's left when I pick this afternoon...I always am. Reseating every year is the worst thing that could have happened to a STH like me..what it did was force some long time STH's that used to sit downstairs, into the first few upper rows in center court. If not for them, I'd have been where I wanted to be a few years ago already, I'm sure. That surprised me that that many STH's decided to move upstairs, because all we used to hear from many for awhile was "I'd never sit upstairs etc". Now all of a sudden, they are sitting upstairs.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2017, 11:42:48 AM »
The ticket office was tweeting that renewals were better than ever ...
Where did you see that?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »
I know I'm going to end up disappointed at what's left when I pick this afternoon...I always am. Reseating every year is the worst thing that could have happened to a STH like me..what it did was force some long time STH's that used to sit downstairs, into the first few upper rows in center court. If not for them, I'd have been where I wanted to be a few years ago already, I'm sure. That surprised me that that many STH's decided to move upstairs, because all we used to hear from many for awhile was "I'd never sit upstairs etc". Now all of a sudden, they are sitting upstairs.

Most of them have correctly figured that the 1st two rows in the uppers are better then row X in lowers.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2017, 11:48:55 AM »

So what you're really saying is that the Blue/Gold point system is unfair?  Are you suggesting that the proper criteria is to weight season ticket longevity significantly more heavily?  Doesn't that take one of Marquette's greatest assets (basketball) and fail to maximize its ability to raise money for the endowment?

I have a suggestion for you muguru..........

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2017, 11:51:25 AM »
Most of them have correctly figured that the 1st two rows in the uppers are better then row X in lowers.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.  8-)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2017, 11:53:15 AM »

At this point for people like me that pick this afternoon..it's not so much about how MUCH is left..it's about the QUALITY that's left.

Question about picking a row and not being able to actually see the seats..should I opt to go this route..does anyone know if I call the ticket office at the time I select..if they would/could tell me what exact seats are available?

Because i LOVE aisle seats..but..I don't want to select a "row" and gamble that I will get the aisle, when in reality I end up in the middle of the row..or..say I select a row that has all the seats available..can I call them and say "make sure I'm on the aisle"?

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2017, 11:53:56 AM »
Noooooo, my seats were jacked. Or taken off the market? Cause the 4 rows behind were I usually sit are also gone, and no one ever sits there, ever.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2017, 11:56:33 AM »
At this point for people like me that pick this afternoon..it's not so much about how MUCH is left..it's about the QUALITY that's left.

Question about picking a row and not being able to actually see the seats..should I opt to go this route..does anyone know if I call the ticket office at the time I select..if they would/could tell me what exact seats are available?

Because i LOVE aisle seats..but..I don't want to select a "row" and gamble that I will get the aisle, when in reality I end up in the middle of the row..or..say I select a row that has all the seats available..can I call them and say "make sure I'm on the aisle"?

Select aisle as your primary preference and I believe they will move you up and down rows in a section to give you aisles....or you could go with the same seats as last year as the primary preference.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2017, 12:00:20 PM »
Shhhhhhhhhhhh.  8-)

I will say, it's surprising that MU hasn't done a better job of putting the right value on the seats. Maybe we're in the minority but I find sitting in the first two rows of the upper deck to be more valuable than the last two rows of the lower.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

muguru

• All American
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2017, 12:02:49 PM »
So what you're really saying is that the Blue/Gold point system is unfair?  Are you suggesting that the proper criteria is to weight season ticket longevity significantly more heavily?  Doesn't that take one of Marquette's greatest assets (basketball) and fail to maximize its ability to raise money for the endowment?

I have a suggestion for you muguru..........

I'm not saying it's unfair...It is what it is...I just find it ironic that so many of the same people that swore they would never move upstairs a few years ago, have moved upstairs since reseating started every year. You do raise a good point though, about season ticket longevity, I do think they could give you added points for consecutive years of being a STH..I mean that should count for something. I have donated the last 3 years, hoping it would bump me significantly enough(like up at least a couple thousand spots) to get what I want. In reality, the donations I have made really haven't done me anything...Made my largest donation last year and I think I moved up about an hour..Really??