[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Goodman (ESPN) Henry signs with agent  (Read 18706 times)

WarriorPride68

• All American
Goodman (ESPN) Henry signs with agent
« on: April 03, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »
@GoodmanESPN: Marquette freshman Henry Ellenson will declare for the NBA Draft and sign with an agent, source told ESPN. No surprise

https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/716795963814227968

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Goodman (ESPN) Henry signs with agent
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »
So, he won't be in class tomorrow, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »
Oh.

Nah Patrick Foley 07 aka Adam Schefter aka gaysworld says he gowne

Smokin, any thoughts?

It's funny to look back at your posting history.  I think about 1/10 of your posts are about me and how wrong I am and how I'm the worst poster on Scoop.  Knowing the source, I'll take that as a compliment.

Funny thing is, I'm wrong all the time.  I throw out random junk constantly here.  What's funny about it?  You always try to call me out on the things I actually do have some knowledge on, and they end up being exactly what happens.

Keep it up though.  Maybe one of these times the person will be wrong when they give me some info.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:53:50 PM by HowardsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 08:29:03 PM »
Bittersweet day for the program.  Don't ever recall where we lost one big time player and gained another all on the same day.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 08:31:23 PM »
Celebrate y'all! I look forward to da day when we lose lottery picks to da Association on a yearly/routine basis. Embrace da process, ai na?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:35:24 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 08:36:46 PM »
Celebrate y'all! I look forward to da day when we lose lottery picks to da Association on a yearly/routine basis. Embrace da process, ai na?

This & Congrats HE!

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 08:45:32 PM »
We'll definitely miss him. It's hard not to imagine the possibilities with Henry in the lineup for another Big East season.

But ultimately, this is a good thing for both Henry and Marquette. He's pursuing a lifelong dream. We want players who are skilled enough to even consider leaving college early for the pros. That's one sign of a successful program. I'm sure Luke, Matt and the rest of the team are better having practiced and played alongside someone with Henry's talent. Hopefully he will stay connected with Wojo and be a great ambassador for our school.

So, thank you Henry for helping build the foundation of our next Final Four run. Good luck in the draft and with your career. Wojo, you're now officially on the clock to find his replacement.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 08:53:45 PM »

I do to provided we've accomplished something as a team when those lottery picks bolt MU.  I can't celebrate too much losing Ellenson after only one year with no postseason from it.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 08:56:48 PM »

Jimmy Buckets in town tonight; had another big night after Saturday's triple double. Post game interview, was he sporting next year's MU uniforms?? If so, sweet!!  Always Reppin, eh?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 08:58:50 PM »
.....GOWNE TRACKER....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 09:00:06 PM »
.....GOWNE TRACKER....

Update:  He still gowne.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:02:04 PM by HowardsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 09:02:45 PM »
Jimmy Buckets in town tonight; had another big night after Saturday's triple double. Post game interview, was he sporting next year's MU uniforms?? If so, sweet!!  Always Reppin, eh?

Do you have a picture of it?  Or link to the video of the interview?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 09:03:04 PM »
Oh.

Smokin, any thoughts?

It's funny to look back at your posting history.  I think about 1/10 of your posts are about me and how wrong I am and how I'm the worst poster on Scoop.  Knowing the source, I'll take that as a compliment.

Funny thing is, I'm wrong all the time.  I throw out random junk constantly here.  What's funny about it?  You always try to call me out on the things I actually do have some knowledge on, and they end up being exactly what happens.

Keep it up though.  Maybe one of these times the person will be wrong when they give me some info.

This is a pretty pathetic post.

As for Henry, this was obviously expected. Best of luck to him - hope I'm wrong, but don't see him being much of a factor next year in the league.

Hope Wojo has some real ideas for a 4. We need a rebounder bad.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:06:56 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »
This is a pretty pathetic post.

Appreciate it.

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 09:04:33 PM »
Do you have a picture of it?  Or link to the video of the interview?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 09:10:10 PM »

Oh nice, thanks.  I thought when he said "was he sporting next year's MU uniforms?" that maybe Jimmy was wearing some kind of different MU uniform.  It looks like (to me) those are this past season's uniforms...which obviously could also be next season's uniforms.  Anyhow, the MU shoes he wore against the Bucks earlier this year, the jersey for the interview, etc.  Great representative of MU.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 09:10:23 PM »
I really expected Henry to declare. I was really hoping he would not hire an agent, so he had the option to comeback. I really do not see the value in him hiring an agent at this point.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 09:10:52 PM »

A Stampede for the weight room is happening,  good for Luke!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »
If true, thanks Henry and best of luck.

Looking forward to a Rice Lake boy and MU star doing well.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 09:16:18 PM »
I do to provided we've accomplished something as a team when those lottery picks bolt MU.  I can't celebrate too much losing Ellenson after only one year with no postseason from it.

We did accomplish something. We climbed out of last place in the Big East standings with 4 more conference victories than the year before. We won 20 games for the first time in 3 seasons. Those may not count as accomplishments in your book, but that's real progress. Now it's time to raise the bar again.

I don't celebrating losing Henry. I celebrating having him — even if only for a single season, even if this team fell short of reaching the postseason. He's a special player who I enjoyed watching. And I hope he's only the first in a long line of NBA-worthy players we have to worry about losing.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

mu_eyeballs

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 09:16:34 PM »
I really expected Henry to declare. I was really hoping he would not hire an agent, so he had the option to comeback. I really do not see the value in him hiring an agent at this point.
Don't you think it was only a matter of time this is better for the program...now his spot is OPEN, and we can offer REAL playing time to grad transfers?

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 09:18:39 PM »
Apparently JFB has another year of eligibility. 

Well, that takes care of our hole at the 4.

Unless he wants to play the 2.  That could be be awkward.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2016, 09:29:59 PM »
We did accomplish something. We climbed out of last place in the Big East standings with 4 more conference victories than the year before. We won 20 games for the first time in 3 seasons. Those may not count as accomplishments in your book, but that's real progress. Now it's time to raise the bar again.

Progress and accomplishment are not interchangeable.

Did we make progress this year?  Of course. 
Can I have some of what you're having if you consider a better than last place finish in conference an accomplishment.  A 20 win season an accomplishment when you beat several teams at home in the 300 rpi area. 

I don't look back very fondly on seasons where we're spectators not only for the NCAA, but NIT as well.   I realize we probably make the NIT under the old selection process, but it is what it is still. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:31:46 PM by HutchwasClutch »

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2016, 09:30:24 PM »
Oh.

Smokin, any thoughts?

Never should have given you a hard time Wades, fact of the matter is I had no idea until this morning that you were a 14 year old coaching prodigy. It all makes sense now how you've managed to build such a connected web of sources in your early twenties. But where did you ever get the intel to predict that a consensus top 10 pick was gowne after just 1 year? Got to say you stuck to your guns and deserve the credit for breaking this scoop, take a look in the mirror tonight before bed and remind yourself that your still the unnatural carnal knowledgeing man.

Couldn't be happier for Henry though, this has been what he's been working towards for years now. Great kid, been an outstanding representive of the university on all fronts and will continue to do so.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:35:25 PM by Smokin' Jae »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2016, 09:38:44 PM »
Progress and accomplishment are not interchangeable.

Did we make progress this year?  Of course. 
Can I have some of what you're having if you consider a better than last place finish in conference an accomplishment.  A 20 win season an accomplishment when you beat several teams at home in the 300 rpi area. 

I don't look back very fondly on seasons where we're spectators not only for the NCAA, but NIT as well.   I realize we probably make the NIT under the old selection process, but it is what it is still.

More times than not, this team entertained me.

My wife and I were in Brooklyn and had a blast. Watched the Wisconsin and Providence road games with big MU contingents and enjoyed it thoroughly. Loved the other Providence win, the Creighton win, the Butler win, the GT win. Enjoyed several others. Frustrated by a few, too, of course. Glad to have gotten the chance to have seen Henry, who helped Wojo's credibility as a recruiter and who was helped by Wojo's staff as the season progressed.

Maybe that's not an "accomplishment." But I was mostly happy with our progress and our product, and I'm excited about the future.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson