Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Goodman (ESPN) Henry signs with agent  (Read 18708 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Goodman (ESPN) Henry signs with agent
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2016, 10:11:26 AM »
If that's true next year won't be any better than this one.

+11
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2016, 10:36:32 AM »
tower and I discussed this at dinner last night. Henry came along at an exact imperfect time for Marquette. If he were added to virtually any of Buzz or Crean's teams of the past decade, he would have turned very good teams into national title contenders. If he had come along 2-3 years from now, he may very well do the same to a Wojo coached team.

However what he did do was give credibility to a young coach and make what was by all accounts a fairly mundane season enjoyable and entertaining to watch. Henry will likely own freshmen records for a long, long time and should be remembered as one of the true greats to come through Marquette, though our lack of tourney success in his fleeting time here may diminish that.

Henry is probably the greatest freshman ever to play at Marquette, but when all is said and done, I expect he will go down as the third most influential player in his own recruiting class. I think Cheatham and Carter will give us a lot of memories in the next three years.

Perfectly said
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2016, 10:45:30 AM »
Dr. J averaged 32 points and 20 rebounds for UMass and failed to make the NCAA tournament; Pistol Pete averaged 44 points for LSU and failed to make the NCAA tournament.
The 1970 NCAA only had 25 teams and the NIT was 16. So Dr. J and Pistol Pete teams were among the top 41 .  It was a different era.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Goose

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »
Brew

I agree with you and Tower regarding timing of HE. If Wojo is the guy to turn things around the signing of HE very well may be the foundation he needed to create. If Rick had landed Wolf his legacy would have changed in similar manner. I do think you might be scaling back on the importance of Carter played down the road but hoping you are right.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
Individual awards are nice, but I am a Marqutte fan first and foremost, and the most important stat is wins. In recent history I would put D-Wade, Jackson, Diener, Novak, James, Mcneal, Matthews, Hayward, Crowder, DJO, and Blue all well ahead of Henry as Marquette players. Henry put up big numbers as a freshman, but I've never been a huge fan of guys who put up big numbers on unsuccessful teams

Having Henry for one year was nice, but the outcome was somewhat disappointing for MU as the team couldn't even make the NIT in his only year here

So it's Henry's fault that Buzz left the cupboard bare and the players that were here, like Luke and Duane under performed this season? Henry has been nothing but a great player and an outstanding ambassador for the university, so what if he couldn't take this team to the dance....which one of those players you named could have in their freshmen year???

Henry is the best freshmen Marquette has seen since George Thompson, if that's not sufficient for you, enjoy your bitter off season.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2016, 01:09:46 PM »
So it's Henry's fault that Buzz left the cupboard bare and the players that were here, like Luke and Duane under performed this season? Henry has been nothing but a great player and an outstanding ambassador for the university, so what if he couldn't take this team to the dance....which one of those players you named could have in their freshmen year???

Henry is the best freshmen Marquette has seen since George Thompson, if that's not sufficient for you, enjoy your bitter off season.
Fresman were not eligible in George's days.  So, it would be since Bo Ellis

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2016, 01:14:19 PM »
Fresman were not eligible in George's days.  So, it would be since Bo Ellis

I was just coming back to write this because I just remember that....so yeah Bo Ellis and I would argue that Henry as a freshmen > Bo as a freshman
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »
Ivs accepted the fact that he's gone and really appreciated what he did for a year. But, I really wish he would just announce that he's leaving already. It's not a secret anymore.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2016, 01:53:25 PM »
Ivs accepted the fact that he's gone and really appreciated what he did for a year. But, I really wish he would just announce that he's leaving already. It's not a secret anymore.

+1

That said, I wonder if his delay is that he's able to keep some 'handlers' at bay by saying "I haven't announced and so I can't talk to you" (though he probably is speaking with various agent-types and others anyway).

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2016, 02:51:12 PM »

What's the difference? Why would this be such a big thing for you to wish it so?

Anyone who needs to know has been well aware for 13 days now, that includes teammates and staff and recruits.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2016, 04:29:11 PM »
Henry Just tweeted. Official
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2016, 04:35:05 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD1Wpz5Ab-O/

"I officially announce that I will be entering the NBA Draft, and hiring an Agent. This has been my dream ever since I fell in love with the game growing up in Rice Lake. Without the love and support of my Mom, Dad, brothers-Wally and Ellwood, and sister, Ella, this opportunity would not be possible. I want to thank Coach Wojo and the rest of the coaching staff at Marquette for the help they have given me to grow as a player and as a person. I would also like to thank President Dr. Lovell, Athletic Director, Dr. Scholl, Academic Advisors, Adrienne, Katie, and Meryl, Strength Coach Todd, Trainer Yoder, and the office personnel and managers for all their support. In addition, I want to thank my teammates for their trust and friendship we have built over this last year as a brotherhood; I know these bonds will last a lifetime. Furthermore, I would like to thank the fans for their unwavering support for the team throughout the season. Lastly, I will like to thank my entire family for continuing to inspire me to do great things, and letting me know there are no limits to what I can do."

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2016, 04:36:53 PM »

"I officially announce that I will be entering the NBA Draft, and hiring an Agent. This has been my dream ever since I fell in love with the game growing up in Rice Lake. Without the love and support of my Mom, Dad, brothers-Wally and Ellwood, and sister, Ella, this opportunity would not be possible. I want to thank Coach Wojo and the rest of the coaching staff at Marquette for the help they have given me to grow as a player and as a person. I would also like to thank President Dr. Lovell, Athletic Director, Dr. Scholl, Academic Advisors, Adrienne, Katie, and Meryl, Strength Coach Todd, Trainer Yoder, and the office personnel and managers for all their support. In addition, I want to thank my teammates for their trust and friendship we have built over this last year as a brotherhood; I know these bonds will last a lifetime. Furthermore, I would like to thank the fans for their unwavering support for the team throughout the season. Lastly, I will like to thank my entire family for continuing to inspire me to do great things, and letting me know there are no limits to what I can do."
Seems to me he will be drafted by the T Wolves.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2016, 04:55:06 PM »
Classy to hold the announcement until after the tournament.  Good luck Hank, we will always have Butler in January.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2016, 04:57:16 PM »
I will always remember HE in the WI game.  That was great to see how dis-jointed they became and the Bo bombshell that followed.

I hope the legend grows in that story....

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2016, 04:59:33 PM »
HOW DARE HE NOT THANK SCOOP BY NAME!!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2016, 05:00:29 PM »
Oh, wait, he did say "unwavering", didn't he...
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »

I'm with you. We deserved better

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2016, 05:28:13 PM »

My sources are telling me that losing the SOTG vote 12 times was a BIG reason for turning pro.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2016, 05:39:06 PM »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2016, 05:48:53 PM »
Henry made the only call that made sense. Good luck to him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »

Oh.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2016, 07:13:01 PM »
My sources are telling me that losing the SOTG vote 12 times was a BIG reason for turning pro.

And losing the last one to a Villanova player no less

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2016, 08:00:51 PM »
I like to think that scoop pushed him to announce publicly, after I posted he announced shortly after  ;D

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2016, 08:11:57 PM »

feedback