[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2016  (Read 168719 times)

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: MLB 2016
« Reply #1075 on: October 18, 2016, 05:56:53 PM »
Kluber showed why he is probably the best pitcher in the AL and really limited the damage even though he didn't have his best stuff. 

Hey it is better than Dave Burba on 3 days rest right?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #1076 on: October 18, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »
I'm not sure who they'd start if not Kluber.  The only other starter who is healthy is Tomlin, and he pitched game two.  Their options were Kluber on three days rest or Tomlin on two.  And they need to give Kluber as much rest as possible for Game Seven (God forbid).  They're really hoping for the sweep so everyone can get rest.  Playoffs are tough with only two starters.

Go Tribe!
Yeah, yeah, yeah!  Speak of your pitching issues all you want.  Toronto didn't win that game, Indians gave it up.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1077 on: October 18, 2016, 10:42:11 PM »
I like A-Rod as an analyst, brings really thoughtful insight.

I agree with what he just said, the Cubs philosophy of take/see as many pitches is backfiring on them in the postseason. Except for Bryant and Baez, no one else is in attack mode. Even most of their outs tonight were weak groundouts. Be interesting to see how they go into facing Urias tomorrow night.

brandx

« Reply #1078 on: October 18, 2016, 11:29:49 PM »

I agree with what he just said, the Cubs philosophy of take/see as many pitches is backfiring on them in the postseason. Except for Bryant and Baez, no one else is in attack mode. Even most of their outs tonight were weak groundouts. Be interesting to see how they go into facing Urias tomorrow night.

Should be very interesting. Urias has been very very good for the last two months and Roberts used him very carefully so he would have something left at the end of the season.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1079 on: October 19, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
I'm not sure who they'd start if not Kluber.  The only other starter who is healthy is Tomlin, and he pitched game two.  Their options were Kluber on three days rest or Tomlin on two.  And they need to give Kluber as much rest as possible for Game Seven (God forbid).  They're really hoping for the sweep so everyone can get rest.  Playoffs are tough with only two starters.

Go Tribe!

Go Chief Wahoo!

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1080 on: October 19, 2016, 03:18:40 PM »

I get the feeling that Urias will cure what ails the Cubs.  They will be in attack mode.  My son is a big Indians fan (drove from Delaware to Cleveland to watch game 2 - $108 for standing room tickets with some buddies). 

My Red Sox were killed by my Yankee fan brother.  The Sox had won 11 in a row when we went in for an operation (he donated a kidney to me so despite being a Yankee fan he is a great guy).  After the transplant, the Sox went 1-8 and were swept from the playoffs. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1081 on: October 19, 2016, 03:31:06 PM »
I get the feeling that Urias will cure what ails the Cubs.  They will be in attack mode.  My son is a big Indians fan (drove from Delaware to Cleveland to watch game 2 - $108 for standing room tickets with some buddies). 

My Red Sox were killed by my Yankee fan brother.  The Sox had won 11 in a row when we went in for an operation (he donated a kidney to me so despite being a Yankee fan he is a great guy).  After the transplant, the Sox went 1-8 and were swept from the playoffs.

If they're in attack mode they might be in trouble.  Walks get Urias in trouble.  He had 8 Ks the last time he faced the Cubs in 6 innings.  The kid is really good, but also really young.  It will be fun to see how he performs under this pressure, but a lot of pressure is off of him with a 2-1 series lead vs. a 1-2 series deficit.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1082 on: October 19, 2016, 06:52:34 PM »
Go Chief Wahoo!

I'm so excited that Toronto gave the Tribe another one!  That's seven gifts for the Tribe.  Here's hoping the NL champs will be in a giving mood.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1083 on: October 19, 2016, 11:36:33 PM »
First picture is of LeBron at a NYY vs. Cleveland Playoff game. 2nd is LeBron'a Twitter from today. What a phony.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1084 on: October 20, 2016, 07:06:11 AM »
So he can't be a Yankees fan who roots for the Indians otherwise?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1085 on: October 20, 2016, 08:01:57 AM »
So he can't be a Yankees fan who roots for the Indians otherwise?

No.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1086 on: October 20, 2016, 08:07:51 AM »
Oh.

I'm a Brewers fan who is rooting for the Cubs.  I guess that makes me a phony.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1087 on: October 20, 2016, 08:39:48 AM »
Oh.

Yep.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1088 on: October 20, 2016, 09:24:19 AM »
Oh.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1089 on: October 20, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »
No.

Its more that Lebron has always been a panderer and a fan of Cleveland when its convenient.  Played up how he was from Akron, not Cleveland, and didn't like Cleveland people growing up when he left for Miami.  But then it was "coming home".  He's a Cowboys and Yankees fan, but loudly reps the Browns and the Indians when convenient.

I also doubt Sultan was beating his chest and peppering social media with euphoric Cubs posts.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1090 on: October 20, 2016, 12:09:23 PM »
Its more that Lebron has always been a panderer and a fan of Cleveland when its convenient.  Played up how he was from Akron, not Cleveland, and didn't like Cleveland people growing up when he left for Miami.  But then it was "coming home".  He's a Cowboys and Yankees fan, but loudly reps the Browns and the Indians when convenient.

I also doubt Sultan was beating his chest and peppering social media with euphoric Cubs posts.

You're exactly right. But it's not worth the time.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1091 on: October 20, 2016, 01:29:44 PM »
I'm cool with Lebron rooting for the Indians.  The Marlins already have two titles.   :P

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1092 on: October 20, 2016, 02:11:37 PM »

Anyone else think the Cavs would not be so publicly supportive of the Indians games if they hadn't just won the championship?  Since they are the team that broke Cleveland's championship drought, it is safe to publicly root for the Indians now.  I'd bet they wanted to be the ones to break the drought, and would not have wanted the Indians to win if they hadn't first.  Just my two cents.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1093 on: October 20, 2016, 02:19:06 PM »
Anyone else think the Cavs would not be so publicly supportive of the Indians games if they hadn't just won the championship?  Since they are the team that broke Cleveland's championship drought, it is safe to publicly root for the Indians now.  I'd bet they wanted to be the ones to break the drought, and would not have wanted the Indians to win if they hadn't first.  Just my two cents.

Agreed.

brandx

« Reply #1094 on: October 20, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »
I've seen some pretty silly condemnations of LeBron. This may be the silliest yet.

But, as far as I am concerned the Indians didn't win anyway. I don't accept the results.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1095 on: October 20, 2016, 07:21:37 PM »

Because no one would care.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1096 on: October 20, 2016, 07:23:23 PM »
I've seen some pretty silly condemnations of LeBron. This may be the silliest yet.

Considering who started it, are you really that surprised?

Babybluejeansfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #1097 on: October 20, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1098 on: October 20, 2016, 10:57:45 PM »

LOL I just drove by a sign saying "home of Jonathan Lucroy" today. Never knew he was from Umatilla, where my parents live.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1099 on: October 20, 2016, 11:00:26 PM »
This 8th inning has been 4 hours long.