collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Is Steven Avery and Brendan dassey innocent in your opinion?

Yes
47 (44.8%)
No
58 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Making a murder  (Read 122696 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Making a murder
« Reply #525 on: September 06, 2016, 10:23:37 AM »
Zellner is creepy. Smart, $ & power hungry gal

Avery is a dirty murderer
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #526 on: September 06, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »

I pretty much agree with all of this.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #527 on: September 06, 2016, 11:24:02 AM »

Men are ambitious.
Women are power hungry.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #528 on: September 06, 2016, 04:50:09 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/09/06/new-book-counters-making-murderer/89765210/

Griesbach, as mentioned way earlier in this thread, is the brother of Federal Judge William Griesbach and son of a deceased professor and member of Marquette's athletic board.  Good guy, smart and respected prosecutor.
Ludum habemus.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #529 on: October 02, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »
Hey!  Stevo is a playa again-broke off his engagement to Sandra greenman just days after it was announced.  Maybe she had bad breath or something, Eyn'a?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/02/making-murderer-subject-breaks-off-brief-engagement.html

don't...don't don't don't don't

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #530 on: November 24, 2016, 08:24:34 AM »
Making a Murderer: Judge Orders New Testing of Steven Avery Evidence
Steven Avery, the subject of the Netflix series Making a Murderer, has something to give thanks for this Thanksgiving after a judge on Wednesday ordered new testing of evidence for his case.

Avery’s lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, said an agreement to start independent scientific testing on critical pieces of evidence was signed, according to CBS News.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/making-murderer-judge-orders-testing-054540303.html

In related news, Brendan Dassey (the nephew) was ordered to be released.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #531 on: November 24, 2016, 10:00:04 AM »
Making a Murderer: Judge Orders New Testing of Steven Avery Evidence
Steven Avery, the subject of the Netflix series Making a Murderer, has something to give thanks for this Thanksgiving after a judge on Wednesday ordered new testing of evidence for his case.

Avery’s lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, said an agreement to start independent scientific testing on critical pieces of evidence was signed, according to CBS News.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/making-murderer-judge-orders-testing-054540303.html

In related news, Brendan Dassey (the nephew) was ordered to be released.

That is old news.  Besides, it was blocked on appeal.  Even if the court rules in his favor, he might not be out for at least a year.

Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #532 on: November 24, 2016, 12:12:36 PM »
They should let that kid go. What the system did to that guy is unconscionable.

That f#cking idiot lawyer of his should be thrown in the slammer and have his bung reamed out. The fact that moron is still out there practicing law, in fact serving in some sort of magisterial role, is a disgrace.

Death on call

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #533 on: November 25, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
Rumor on the street is that Zellner already knows who framed Avery and testing won't just exonerate Avery but is also going to put that person in jail for a long time.  She isn't just going for the enchilada... she's aiming to serve up a whole platter of chimichangas.  Which must be why (also rumored) Zellner is legitimately in fear that she might become a target herself, which is why she has more than Moira and Laura following and documenting her every move the second she crosses the border.

If I were a resident of Manitowoc County, I'd be moving the hell out of there pronto. Shiite gonna get turned upside down and the entire place is about to become a five-ring circus of media, court hearings, lawsuits, public uproar, international scrutiny, etc. for the next decade+ if it turns out any LE official had something to do with this.

Far fetched, but within the realm of possibility... because of the phenomenon this has already become internationally, imagine a guy like Putin or Assad actually showcasing this as an example of USA's corruption in an attempt to discredit their critics or distract from their next fiasco.  Right or wrong, the international community would eat that up... "who cares that these guys just gassed a few thousand of their own citizens, the holier-than-thou USA put that innocent man we saw on the tele in jail twice."  Whoever Trump appoints as SecState might consider getting their ass to Manitowoc for a preemptive visit.

Couldn't happen to a nicer community, IMO.  "Bass ackwards" as the locals say.  Who I do feel sorry for is Schimel... he had nothing to do with any of this and his career is going to become collateral damage just because he happens to be the soup du jour.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 11:01:09 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #534 on: November 25, 2016, 11:31:26 AM »
Rumor on the street is that Zellner already knows who framed Avery and testing won't just exonerate Avery but is also going to put that person in jail for a long time.  She isn't just going for the enchilada... she's aiming to serve up a whole platter of chimichangas.  Which must be why (also rumored) Zellner is legitimately in fear that she might become a target herself, which is why she has more than Moira and Laura following and documenting her every move the second she crosses the border.

If I were a resident of Manitowoc County, I'd be moving the hell out of there pronto. Shiite gonna get turned upside down and the entire place is about to become a five-ring circus of media, court hearings, lawsuits, public uproar, international scrutiny, etc. for the next decade+ if it turns out any LE official had something to do with this.

Far fetched, but within the realm of possibility... because of the phenomenon this has already become internationally, imagine a guy like Putin or Assad actually showcasing this as an example of USA's corruption in an attempt to discredit their critics or distract from their next fiasco.  Right or wrong, the international community would eat that up... "who cares that these guys just gassed a few thousand of their own citizens, the holier-than-thou USA put that innocent man we saw on the tele in jail twice."  Whoever Trump appoints as SecState might consider getting their ass to Manitowoc for a preemptive visit.

Couldn't happen to a nicer community, IMO.  "Bass ackwards" as the locals say.  Who I do feel sorry for is Schimel... he had nothing to do with any of this and his career is going to become collateral damage just because he happens to be the soup du jour.

I'm a skeptic. But we will see.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #535 on: November 25, 2016, 12:39:31 PM »

Couldn't happen to a nicer community, IMO.  "Bass ackwards" as the locals say.

I know quite a number of folks from Manitowoc (almost all Marquette grads), and they are some of the finest people I know.  Please don't paint with such a broad brush.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #536 on: November 25, 2016, 12:58:41 PM »
I know quite a number of folks from Manitowoc (almost all Marquette grads), and they are some of the finest people I know.  Please don't paint with such a broad brush.

Of course they are.. because when you run the riff-raff out of town and/or throw them in jail for no reason, all that's left are the finest people.

That said... I agree there are many truly good people in Manitowoc Co.  And while the broad brush was very much tongue in cheek, my recommendation to move is much more genuine (although rhetorical)... because the good people of the County are the ones who will bear the greatest burden in all of this.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #537 on: November 25, 2016, 01:25:51 PM »
Avery is a dirty murderer. The idea of him being free is awful.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #538 on: November 26, 2016, 11:51:50 PM »
Avery is a dirty murderer. The idea of him being free is awful.

Wonder if these independent testers will be in on the "frame job" as well.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #539 on: November 27, 2016, 12:57:36 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d36HobZnwWM

<a href="http://&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/d36HobZnwWM&quot;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/d36HobZnwWM&quot;</a>
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:08:54 PM by keefe »

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #540 on: December 28, 2016, 01:39:07 PM »
Does anybody with a better understanding of the legal system and/or DNA testing have any idea how long the process may take to get all this new evidence tested?  I assume that they have started the testing.  Any idea on when some results may be coming and/or when a decision on the filed appeal may be reached?

I assume that they have the cameras rolling on all of this for a second season.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #541 on: December 28, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »
Does anybody with a better understanding of the legal system and/or DNA testing have any idea how long the process may take to get all this new evidence tested?  I assume that they have started the testing.  Any idea on when some results may be coming and/or when a decision on the filed appeal may be reached?

I assume that they have the cameras rolling on all of this for a second season.

It's not so much the testing, but Zellner needs a new narrative to push.

She effected a case very close to me, and set a somewhat guilty man free.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #542 on: December 28, 2016, 04:03:59 PM »
It's not so much the testing, but Zellner needs a new narrative to push.

In our legal system, you're either guilty, or you aren't. If the prosecution doesn't meet the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt, you should be set free.

onetime

• Walk-On
« Reply #543 on: December 28, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »
Couldn't happen to a nicer community, IMO.  "Bass ackwards" as the locals say. 

The handful of us  forward moving, law-abiding professionals from Manitowoc can hardly wait for what we are so deserving of living in our "nice community". Dickhead.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #544 on: December 28, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »
The handful of us  forward moving, law-abiding professionals from Manitowoc can hardly wait for what we are so deserving of living in our "nice community". Dickhead.

This doesn't make any sense.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #545 on: December 28, 2016, 11:23:17 PM »
In our legal system, you're either guilty, or you aren't. If the prosecution doesn't meet the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt, you should be set free.

Somewhat was a bad choice. He was guilty, he was convicted under the wrong charges as the SA went for a home run.

Zellner got 20/20, which briefly featured Mrs. PTM, to buy and push a false narrative. It's sad, but she won.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:25:01 PM by PTM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #546 on: December 28, 2016, 11:26:40 PM »
This doesn't make any sense.

It's hilarious, he's got his wording "Bass ackwards"

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #547 on: December 29, 2016, 03:42:42 PM »
Somewhat was a bad choice. He was guilty, he was convicted under the wrong charges as the SA went for a home run.

Zellner got 20/20, which briefly featured Mrs. PTM, to buy and push a false narrative. It's sad, but she won.

That makes a bit more sense than how your first post sounded. Sorry for whatever happened to you.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #548 on: December 30, 2016, 08:03:07 AM »

That you refer to someone as "somewhat" guilty is precisely why that person shouldn't be in prison.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2016, 12:43:29 PM »
That makes a bit more sense than how your first post sounded. Sorry for whatever happened to you.

Nah, it's cool, I needed a better explanation.