[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fire Wojo !  (Read 137473 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Fire Wojo !
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2017, 06:16:04 PM »
Triggered. Can't handle the truth. Didn't mean to intrude on your safe space.

You know snowflake, you chose a bad day to come here and start throwing crap.  You can call it triggered if you like, but I call it a ban hammer!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2017, 06:17:34 PM »
maybe our expectations are higher than yours.

That really has nothing to do with his point.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2017, 06:20:05 PM »
Hmm...of the top 40 teams in the country in terms of getting there highest percentage of their points beyond the arc, only 3 (Michigan, Marquette, Notre Dame) are ranked in the top 40 in the country.

I looked at offensive efficiency, and those three were the only three that were top 40 in both percentage of points beyond the arc and offensive efficiency.

Living by the three may be one way to win, but it's certainly not the only nor most popular way. FWIW, there are five teams in the top 40 that have sub-300 adjusted offensive efficiency rankings.

Need to mix in some solid D to go with the shooting.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2017, 06:21:42 PM »
For MU to be 22-6 right now they'd had to have won every game decided by 7 points or less. So 8-0 in those games. They're 3-5. To say they should maybe be a win better right now because of too many close losses is plenty realistic. But gotta factor in tight wins over Fresno, nova and SH at home when determining how MU has been in close games this year. 3-2 in those games at home. 0-3 in those games road/neutral.
GO WARRIORS!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:12 PM »
maybe our expectations are higher than yours.
maybe we don't scream ecstatically every time we win a game we're supposed too but are bitterly disappointed when we blow a 12 point lead in a must win game.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2017, 06:24:39 PM »
Need to mix in some solid D to go with the shooting.

More players with lateral quickness would help.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2017, 06:26:28 PM »
For MU to be 22-6 right now they'd had to have won every game decided by 7 points or less. So 8-0 in those games. They're 3-5. To say they should maybe be a win better right now because of too many close losses is plenty realistic. But gotta factor in tight wins over Fresno, nova and SH at home when determining how MU has been in close games this year. 3-2 in those games at home. 0-3 in those games road/neutral.

I think the best you could realistically say if we won the four games we blew (Pitt, @Butler, @SHU, @Prov) and lost the one we stole (Nova) we'd be 20-8.  And even saying we blew the SHU game is a stretch, as we had a lead late but not more than a one possession lead.  But unfortunately, we are what our record says we are.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2017, 06:26:43 PM »
We may be good, we may be skilled, but we are not yet intimidators.  A few years and a little more ink and we will be fine.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »
maybe we don't scream ecstatically every time we win a game we're supposed too but are bitterly disappointed when we blow a 12 point lead in a must win game.

I think you quoted the wrong post.  But not targeted at you.  There are a few that ONLY post here to exclaim they'd like to fire wojo or that something is wrong with the program. 

I've got plenty of patience for people willing to discuss things reasonably.  None for people that just register today to throw sh*t.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2017, 06:31:11 PM »
F*ck off, one poster.

I agree but would not use the same words. MU played hard under difficult conditions against a desperate team on their home court. MU has work to do on defense but there has been improvement. The season is not over. I have been very critical of Wojo but he deserves credit for pulling this team together. Not all losses are the same. I am optimistic this team can win the next two if they just reduce the number of simple mistakes.

I am keeping the faith.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

1SE

• All American
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »
I think the best you could realistically say if we won the four games we blew (Pitt, @Butler, @SHU, @Prov) and lost the one we stole (Nova) we'd be 20-8.  And even saying we blew the SHU game is a stretch, as we had a lead late but not more than a one possession lead.  But unfortunately, we are what our record says we are.

I'm not trying to say what we *should* be, just what this team, with this talent, *could* have been. We've never seen shooters like this at MU. And more likely than not we're not going to the tourney. That's sad.

I'm no Ners, but I did play a bit of HS ball. I had a pretty atrocious shooting form, but I was one hell of a defender (I set the school record for charges drawn). That's what's so frustrating about this team - Yes it's easier to be a better defender if you're a freak of an athlete, but at  the end of the day you don't need an inordinate amount of skill to be a good (or at least passable) defender. You just need work ethic. You can teach work ethic.

If anyone should know this it's Wojo. Not a particularly good athlete but tough as nails. Why this doesn't transmit to his team is beyond me.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2017, 06:48:02 PM »
You should tell it like it is and stop suppressing the voice of others who think differently than you. Qualities of a dictator tying to influence other people's thoughts. Advancing your own agenda.

Seems like you're the triggered one mate. Making a a new account minutes after you got banned? Not a good look.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2017, 08:01:12 PM »
You know snowflake, you chose a bad day to come here and start throwing crap.  You can call it triggered if you like, but I call it a ban hammer!
Thank you
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »
Hero ball results in another loss.  JJ's layup that somehow rolled out and Sam's wide-open three miss were very good shots.  Katin's dribbling-away-from-the-basket-turnaround-fade-away in the face of two tight defenders when THE TEAM'S TWO BEST SHOOTERS ARE COMPELETLY UNGUARDED ON THE PERIMETER? Not smart.

Hero ball seldom works.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2017, 09:26:52 PM »
F*ck off, one poster.

I agree but would not use the same words. MU played hard under difficult conditions against a desperate team on their home court. MU has work to do on defense but there has been improvement. The season is not over. I have been very critical of Wojo but he deserves credit for pulling this team together. Not all losses are the same. I am optimistic this team can win the next two if they just reduce the number of simple mistakes.

I am keeping the faith.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #265 on: February 26, 2017, 09:15:05 PM »
Short lived fame he had just made Scoop Takes
Goal is National Championship

Uncertain

• Walk-On
« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2017, 01:56:28 PM »

I set the school record for charges drawn

Wojo? Flopper? Slappy? Is that you Steve?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2017, 02:37:28 PM »
Wojo? Flopper? Slappy? Is that you Steve?
How's it going Snowflake/Rocky Deez Nuts?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2017, 02:49:42 PM »

Wow, I had missed this.  Hadn't seen that my wife had reached her scoop breaking point and I sincerely appreciate you in essence sticking up for her and others of the same mindset and dropping the hammer.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2017, 02:52:29 PM »
And here we are again 

Lose a road big east game = fire wojo

win = you guys never post.

The criticism is not that you are not allowed to voice your opinion.  Many of us just wonder why you never seem to voice an opinion that seems to be enjoying MU hoops?
Ahhh so true

tower912

• All American
« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2017, 02:59:48 PM »
Complainers and whiners with nary a positive thing to say.    Just that their unrealistic expectations aren't being met and they need to vent.    Sob.    Sniffle.   It's not fair.     It is sad that so many never actually get past the tantrum throwing phase any more.    They just take to the anonymity of their keyboard and indulge their inner 4 year old.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2017, 03:06:12 PM »
There are losers and winners and I think we are all tired of losing and blowing games. The blame needs to be put where it belongs. Sorry if this offends/triggers you.

At some point it has to come down to the team being able to put the ball in the basket, right?  Like, even if we all agreed 100% that Wojo is the worst D1 basketball coach in America and is 100% in over his head, somehow somebody has to be able to put the ball in the basket at least one time over the final nearly 8:00 of basketball, no?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #272 on: February 27, 2017, 03:42:28 PM »

Wow. You really felt the need to ban someone over something that small? Seems a bit excessive...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #273 on: February 27, 2017, 04:15:04 PM »
Wow. You really felt the need to ban someone over something that small? Seems a bit excessive...

Second time he has banned someone with a similar name for similar posts.  Not a problem by me.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »

My guess is that the combination of multi accounts, attacks on other posters, and use of politics is what "triggered" the ban hammer. (See what I did there?)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback