[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fire Wojo !  (Read 137363 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Fire Wojo !
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2016, 03:39:59 PM »
It's called illustrative evidence - I'm not trying to prove anything. Maybe you want to suggest the 16-0 run was just bad luck? Or blame the players? I prefer the buck stops with the coach - how that happens - in our house - is beyond me. How you don't have something that you've drawn up, that you've worked on all week, that is a sure-fire bucket that you can put in after the 8-0 run, or at the second TO you should have called when the run was 12-0, boggles my mind.

Thanks for proving my point earlier.

I'm sticking with moron, after you doubled-down.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2016, 03:40:57 PM »
In the words of the great Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke " It is time for Pitchforks and Torches..."
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2016, 03:41:38 PM »
Just gotta know if Wojo coached Howard ta 22, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2016, 03:42:34 PM »
Some of the "zero" has to be to bad coaching - there were a few good looks during the run but most of the possessions the offense was a mess - execution is the coach's responsibility. Well-coached teams rarely, if ever, look lost.

The 0 had to do with lack of size. UW extended their defense and with Happ in there, MU didn't have many options.

Blame Wojo for the lack of size. Not much he could have done to adjust today. Maybe he should have just gone small earlier? 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »
Some of the "zero" has to be to bad coaching - there were a few good looks during the run but most of the possessions the offense was a mess - execution is the coach's responsibility.

I don't know.  I wound't call an offense that scored 84 on Bucky "a mess".  I would call a defense that gave up 93 to Bucky "a mess".  And I'm putting most of that on Wojo.  I don't know why this is a disagreement.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2016, 03:44:06 PM »
Thanks for proving my point earlier.

I'm sticking with moron, after you doubled-down.

Timeouts are two minutes long and some people think that 20 seconds of look in is "illustrative evidence." 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2016, 03:45:30 PM »
In the words of the great Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke " It is time for Pitchforks and Torches..."
Yes another ahole
Goal is National Championship

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2016, 03:46:05 PM »

And dead prison inmates? Or were they demotivated to live?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2016, 03:46:19 PM »
Timeouts are two minutes long and some people think that 20 seconds of look in is "illustrative evidence." 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2016, 03:46:37 PM »
I don't know.  I wound't call an offense that scored 84 on Bucky "a mess".  I would call a defense that gave up 93 to Bucky "a mess".  And I'm putting most of that on Wojo.  I don't know why this is a disagreement.

I believe Wiskey shot 65% in the second half.  Thats not very good defense

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »
Watchin' Butler. Dey gonna torch our asses, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »
We lost our fire at the halftime. Also shots didn't fall, makes us look bad. 
Hauser played like a freshman. We are just to small. Luke and Markus played well. Cheatham is coming back. D-Wil-just going thru the motions

1SE

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2016, 03:52:06 PM »
We lost to an experienced, ranked team, I get it. A win would have been great but it really wasn't expected. But that doesn't mean Wojo was playing with house money. You can take different paths to a 9 point loss, and there can be different take away's from those paths. Had UW gradually pulled away, maybe up 4 at 10:00, up 7 at half, up 11 at 30:00 and win by nine, yeah, nothing to feel to bad about, we were outplayed by the slightly better team. But to go from up 5 with 18:24 to go to down 15 with 9:24 is a different kind of thing. We lost those nine minutes 27 - 7. And this is, what, the third time in 10 games we've seen a stretch like this? I just don't see how its not on our coach when the team's collective brain shuts off for 25% of a game. 

And it stings more because it's Bucky.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2016, 03:54:52 PM »
Hauser played like a freshman. We are just to small. Luke and Markus played well. Cheatham is coming back. D-Wil-just going thru the motions

Aka, Happ played da second half, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

1SE

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2016, 03:55:39 PM »

75% of the game sure, the offense was fine (although the last 15 points were just garbage time).

But the 25% of the game where we scored 7 points in over 10 minutes. I think we can go ahead and call that a mess. (Especially since, as the other 75% shows, we are clearly capable of putting the ball in the hoop!)
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »
I 2nd that

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2016, 04:12:18 PM »
75% of the game sure, the offense was fine (although the last 15 points were just garbage time).

But the 25% of the game where we scored 7 points in over 10 minutes. I think we can go ahead and call that a mess. (Especially since, as the other 75% shows, we are clearly capable of putting the ball in the hoop!)

Again, I agree that we didn't play good offense for a portion of the game (obviously, right?).  But when at least 75% of the game is decent to good offense, you can't claim we have an offensive problem, or that Wojo can't coach offense.

Defense, complain away...

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2016, 04:29:20 PM »

If todays play by HC means he is coming back then his journey has just begun. He is in a real sophomore slump.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2016, 04:32:55 PM »
Just gotta know if Wojo coached Howard ta 22, hey?
No

🏀

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2016, 06:00:03 PM »
We have Stan Johnson. He has the critical ties to all the recruits. The current players all like him and he is a motivator.

Wojo is a demotivator.

Get unnatural carnal knowledgeed douche bag

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2016, 06:05:07 PM »
Get unnatural carnal knowledgeed douche bag
Brought to us by the performances artist known as Tex/MUFINY/Gus/Ners, who believes that if we had started Dawson, Deonte, Cohen, and JJJ, we wouldn't have even needed a 5th player on the court to beat the badgers by 50.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »
UW is a very good interior passing team, but UW had several wide open shots underneath the basket. You can expect this to happen one time in a game, but ther had to be at least a half dozen of these. Some of these came after an MU substitution and it seemed to me the incoming player did not know where he should be. Maybe we sub too much.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2016, 06:08:50 PM »
The ole court slapper is a terrible defensive coach.   Who woudda thought.

Maybe the geniuses that fired Buzz can fire themselves this go around.   Drain the swamp.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2016, 06:10:08 PM »
The ole court slapper is a terrible defensive coach.   Who woudda thought.

Maybe the geniuses that fired Buzz can fire themselves this go around.   Drain the swamp.
Buzz fired Buzz
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

brandx

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2016, 06:11:59 PM »

Just a stupid comment - unless by "we lost our fire at halftime" you mean "Happ played in the 2nd half".

He was the best player on the floor and once he was on the floor, they pulled away. And Hayes was the 2nd best player on the floor.

They are probably about 10 points better than us and that's how the game turned out.