[Today at 08:56:30 AM]

Miletic Commits by Zog from Margo
[Today at 08:40:26 AM]

Hurley staying! by tower912
[Today at 07:21:10 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Shooter McGavin
[June 13, 2024, 11:28:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Friday is war  (Read 15991 times)

WarriorPride68

• All American
Re: Friday is war
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2015, 02:04:51 PM »
Who are the NBA players?

Henry is bringing Wally wherever he goes  8-)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »
This is going to be a solid test for the team starting out the season. Looking for some good performances from Luke and Duane. Also JJJ will be motivated for a good showing against a team from his home state. Sandy will also be a tough match up for them.

I will be happy for whatever we get from the freshman.

Just get the W on the board and move on.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2015, 05:23:59 PM »
Not that it really matters, but I saw they opened at -5 and it has since dropped down to -3.5

5.5 now......http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2015, 10:24:46 PM »
Uh huh...you never hung a tie on the door at Schroeder?

I lived in Tower my sophomore year. True story:

A girl was helping me with my Russian homework -- yeah, effen Russian; what was I thinking? -- and we were sitting close to each other and flirting and all of a sudden we were making out.

But my bed, as always, was covered with clothes and generally a pigsty ... so we were on my roommate's bed!

And we're getting pretty hot and heavy, big-time making out, hands down each other's pants, etc, and my roommate opens the door. He sees us and immediate turns around and slams the door.

The mood is broken, though, and soon enough I walk the girl back to Cobeen.

I get back and my roommate is in the room and he says, "Did you have to do that on my bed?"

I pointed to my pigsty bed and started laughing my ass off. He couldn't help but laugh, too ... but he also told me to never do it again. He also told me to put up a sign or something if I had a girl in there again.

My roommate, who majored in engineering, got a job with ConEd right out of college. But within a year, he realized he had a calling, he ended up going to seminary school and my buddy Bill is now Father William.

So yeah, I made out with this girl on Father William's bed.

Marquette memories!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2015, 06:22:48 AM »
Bad visual. I think I'm gonna puke, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2015, 07:15:35 AM »
Nobody needed to know any of that...I am scarred for life.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2015, 08:32:31 AM »
That kind of turned me on, especially since I was picturing a hot Russian chick.  Then it really fell apart.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2015, 08:36:17 AM »
My roommate, who majored in engineering, got a job with ConEd right out of college. But within a year, he realized he had a calling, he ended up going to seminary school and my buddy Bill is now Father William.

Can you blame him?  There are some things you cannot 'un-see'

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2015, 09:18:26 AM »
Can you blame him?  There are some things you cannot 'un-see'

That's why it's called the Holy See.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2015, 09:24:42 AM »
Y'all are funny.

So the idea of a college guy and college girl making out, with hands all over each other, is totally shocking, huh?

Maybe Father William isn't the only one who should have gone the clergy route.

Oh, and she wasn't a hot Russian chick, but she was cute enough. And tall. Tallest girl I ever dated, nearly 6 feet, same as me.

I know ... that last paragraph really made some of you sick. And now I'm gonna go for the kill:

We held hands sometimes!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »
Y'all are funny.

So the idea of a college guy and college girl making out, with hands all over each other, is totally shocking, huh?

Maybe Father William isn't the only one who should have gone the clergy route.

Oh, and she wasn't a hot Russian chick, but she was cute enough. And tall. Tallest girl I ever dated, nearly 6 feet, same as me.

I know ... that last paragraph really made some of you sick. And now I'm gonna go for the kill:

We held hands sometimes!

Nothing shocking about the story... we all have our own.  But without pictures, we're forced to imagine the scene (whether voluntarily or involuntarily), so apparently it's either our image of you with someone hand's in your pants, how we think you define "cute enough" for a Russian chick, or the implication that whatever occurred was enough to drive a man to seminary.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2015, 10:13:44 AM »
Hot Russian girl? I pictured a Russian girl with a slight mustache wearing a babushka.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2015, 10:25:40 AM »
That's why it's called the Holy See.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2015, 10:27:21 AM »
I always sort of pictured the Holy See like this

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »
Man, I got a hard time wrappin' my noodle 'round LXXXII's fairy tales, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2015, 12:49:47 PM »
She wasn't Russian. The class was Russian.

But I am laughing out loud at the way y'all's imaginations are runnin' wild.

About that class ...

As a Journalism major back then, we had to take 2 years of a foreign language. For some reason I still don't know, I chose Russian over something that might have actually been useful in my career, Spanish.

Anyway, my freshman year it was pretty fun and the instructor was an American with a great sense of humor. I got an A my first semester and a B my second semester.

My sophomore year, the instructor was a old Russian guy who had the sense of humor of a doorstop. The class was drudgery. I didn't give two shytes about it and he didn't take attendance, so I usually didn't bother going. Most of the grade was based on translating crap he gave us to read, and I'd get the assignments from that girl or another friend. I got a C/D in Russian III.

In Russian IV, my second semester sophomore year, I completely tuned out. The girl helped me a little but not enough to put me in severe danger of flunking. (I guess maybe if I was studying instead of canoodling, I might have done a little better.) I turned in my final paper and it was a disaster.

The instructor called me and told me to meet him in his office. I thought he was gonna tell me I flunked, which would have meant I'd have had to take the damn class again my second semester junior year -- a fate worse than death.

I showed up and he told me: "The only way for you to do better than a D is to take a verbal exam and do well on it."

I said: "So, if I don't take this exam, I only get a D?"

He said: "That's right."

I slapped my open palm on his desk and said: "OK ... I'll take the D!" I turned around, walked out and never saw him again.

That D was as good as an A+ to me!

Oh, and BTW, that girl and I broke up right near the end of the semester and I hardly ever saw her again, either.

Dasvidanya, y'all!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2015, 01:25:49 PM »
The instructor called me and told me to meet him in his office. I thought he was gonna tell me I flunked, which would have meant I'd have had to take the damn class again my second semester junior year -- a fate worse than death.

I showed up and he told me: "The only way for you to do better than a D is to take a verbal exam and do well on it."

I think I've seen this movie before, only the professor was a woman, and she wasn't a great actor.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
I think I've seen this movie before, only the professor was a woman, and she wasn't a great actor.
Tommy Boy?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2015, 05:17:24 PM »

When writing that up, I purposely used the word "verbal" instead of "oral"!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2015, 05:19:39 PM »
Tonight is a basketball game.    We need to stop comparing sports to actual armed conflicts. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2015, 05:32:31 PM »
Tonight is a basketball game.    We need to stop comparing sports to actual armed conflicts.

Agreed.

I've always hated the "sport as war" analogy.

I'm pretty sure Parisians don't care very much about tonight's Marquette-Belmont game.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »
If Belmont controls the tempo and hits their shots, they win.   They have faced tougher teams than MU on a regular basis.  They are experienced.    For MU to win, they need to force tempo, turn Belmont over, limit their own turnovers, stay out of foul trouble, control the boards and shoot better from 3.      Will experience triumph over young skill?

Bump.    Belmont controlled the tempo and hit their shots.  MU shot lousy from 3.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2015, 08:38:41 AM »

Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2015, 08:46:36 AM »
No.   MU-Belmont was opening night of a basketball season.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2015, 10:06:45 AM »

Exactly.  I think all who know me agree that I appreciate the difference between France last night and our little basketball game.