Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What do you deem "acceptable" as a result for this team this season?

Finish above .500 (play NIT or CBI)
Finish as a solid bubble team but miss out on the big dance (play NIT)
Make big dance but lose in the first round
Make it to at least the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament
Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do, win the whole f'in thing(Final Four anyway)
Win one game in the NCAA tournament

Author Topic: Go on record before the drama starts  (Read 34022 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Go on record before the drama starts
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2015, 09:04:21 AM »
If Henry is a top 8 NBA pick, he will make the guards look better.  I think Henry will help Luke shine as well since space in the post should be significant as Henry is a stretch 4 and will only post up if he's got a significant height advantage.

I think Hank will play a lot of the way we all wanted Ox to be capable of playing when we were going insane with Oxtule love on the board, but Ox was definitely a 5 in a stretch 4s clothing

Gardner would have stretched a lot of 5's clothing as well  ;)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2015, 09:28:46 AM »
I'm not sure that Gardner and stretch 4 have ever been in the same sentence before. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2015, 11:40:10 AM »
Gardner would have stretched a lot of 5's clothing as well  ;)

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2015, 11:41:47 AM »
I'm not sure that Gardner and stretch 4 have ever been in the same sentence before.

No, but that's what the whole Oxtule thing was whether we call it that or not.  Gardner could play the 4 and take mid-range jumpers or "drive" while Otule posted up(with the space of Gardner especially Gardner not tying up the lane).
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2015, 11:51:26 AM »
I see us sweating it out on selection Sunday but making the field only to lose our first game in a close one.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2015, 01:01:57 PM »
I see us sweating it out on selection Sunday but making the field only to lose our first game in a close one.

And you call yourself a fan...

Death on call

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2015, 01:19:04 PM »

And a walk-on fan at that....

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2015, 01:53:22 PM »
If they don’t make the NCAA tournament the season would be a failure! Wojo and crew need to deliver results (WINS)!!!

Go Warriors

fjm

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2015, 02:31:55 PM »
Now I know almost only counts in hand grenades and horse shoes... But last year we could have easily been 19-13 if not for two OT losses (butler and GTown) and 4 games we couldn't close (loses within two possessions agains Depaul, St. John's and Xavier x2). Mix that with injuries to Carlino and Fischer missing the first half of the season and then a bum shoulder...
So based on this I am hopeful for at least an NCAA tourney bid and hopefully 1 win in the tourney.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »
Second well thought out post tonight!  "This is only Wojo's second year." Will have to be said more than a few times this season.

In an effort to help you not get banned by making it 3 in a row.......what seed do the Hoyas get?  and Do you see a BE POY on your roster?

I don't follow G'Town close enough to guess on the seed but I think Smith-Rivera comes close (top 3) but can't out do Dunn.

Heart: Hoyas get a 1 seed as they win both the regular season and BET.

More realistically: Hoyas get a 3 seed.

POY is Dunn's to lose. Unless Providence totally tanks and finishes below 6th I don't see how you don't give it to him. He's going to have multiple triple doubles. DSR is clearly a first team player and would be more deserving of a Co-POY than Archidiacino ever was, but I'll stick with just Dunn.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »

POY is Dunn's to lose. Unless Providence totally tanks and finishes below 6th I don't see how you don't give it to him. He's going to have multiple triple doubles. DSR is clearly a first team player and would be more deserving of a Co-POY than Archidiacino ever was, but I'll stick with just Dunn.

And you think Marquette fans are in fantasy land? Hah!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2015, 04:09:50 PM »
Acceptable to me would be above .500 NIT or CBI. This is only Wojo's second year. I don't think you can expect more than incremental improvement. Do I think Marquette can make the NCAAs of course. And that's obviously the goal, but to act like it would be unacceptable for a second year coach to not make the NCAAs is pretty ridiculous. Very little experience on the court and on the bench. The talent is there but it could be a year away and that's ok. Now I'm predicting Marquette to make the NCAA tournament as a bubble team, but I don't think it would be unacceptable or a failure on wojo's part if they don't get there.

Go piss in someone else's Cheerios!

I've never understood why someone would post on another teams message board.  You've always come off as fairly knowledgeable, but I just don't get it. You must have a lot of time on your hands!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2015, 05:42:42 PM »

You're talking 3 seed in the BET, right?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2015, 10:18:28 PM »

You're knowledgeable and seem like a good guy, but you have a history of overrating the Hoyas - by a lot.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2015, 07:15:55 AM »
You're knowledgeable and seem like a good guy, but you have a history of overrating the Hoyas - by a lot.
*reads post*
*nods in full agreement*
*looks in mirror*

- 90% of Scoop

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2015, 08:06:30 AM »
*reads post*
*nods in full agreement*
*looks in mirror*

- 90% of Scoop

Haha, well done.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2015, 08:18:41 AM »

What Lenny is trying to say is, "Hello Pot, welcome to the Kettle store"
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2015, 09:42:19 AM »
Hoyas get a 1 seed as they win both the regular season and BET.

So this is the year the 16 beats a 1?

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2015, 10:11:31 AM »

Just trying to be realistic.  How much can you really expect from a team that went 13-19 last year and lost it's top scorer and top 2 rebounders?  Yes we have a nice freshman class coming in but to expect us to win games in the dance would be highly optimistic.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2015, 10:47:42 AM »
Just trying to be realistic.  How much can you really expect from a team that went 13-19 last year and lost it's top scorer and top 2 rebounders?  Yes we have a nice freshman class coming in but to expect us to win games in the dance would be highly optimistic.

I get that.  But lasts year's team was just so flawed.  First off, there were only 6 or 7 healthy players for a good chunk of the year.  The leading scorer was a chucker.  The leading rebounders you mentioned were mid-major level players at best.  The PG was comically bad offensively.  Our stud C that missed half the year was constantly double teamed because he was the only guy that could really hurt you.  There is some legitimate addition by subtraction from last year, before you even consider the newcomers and the improvement from Duane, Luke, Sandy and JJJ.

I am pretty confident that despite being a very young team, this team is going to be leaps and bounds ahead of last years team, even in the early going. Wojo has said as much already.  Much more depth.  A couple PGs who can shoot. A stud SG who won't have to worry about playing out of position and can focus on his game.  A likely top 20 talent in the NCAAs at PF who will open things up for Luke.  I don't think that can be understated. 

Bottom line, the two teams are so different that you can't really compare them.  I may be ignorant and totally wrong, but I really like the way things are looking and I am excited as hell. 

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2015, 11:11:34 AM »
So this is the year the 16 beats a 1?

Well played.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2015, 12:01:25 PM »

Quite the history indeed--he's been doing it since birth.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2015, 12:15:02 PM »
You must have a lot of time on your hands!

Aren't you the guy who was pissed off about not being able to visit Scoop during the work day?

Death on call

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »
Aren't you the guy who was pissed off about not being able to visit Scoop during the work day?

No, I was the guy that thought you're a creepy old man who for some strange reason felt it necessary to post half naked women on here constantly, resulting in making scoop NSFW.

You can get back to the game show network now!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2015, 12:42:43 PM »
No, I was the guy that thought you're a creepy old man who for some strange reason felt it necessary to post half naked women on here constantly, resulting in making scoop NSFW.

You can get back to the game show network now!

Game Show Network, huh?

You couldn't even begin to comprehend...

Death on call

feedback