[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: IU likes its vodka  (Read 6797 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: IU likes its vodka
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:50:56 PM »
Well, shyte ... if you had to live in bumblef@ck for 4 years, you'd need to medicate heavily, too!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »
If, as a playa, ya chose T-Cubed ta be yo coach, that would drive anyone to drinkin', hey? I think these 2 gentlemen probably controlled themselves better than just 'bout any of us coulda, ai na?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:03:18 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:55:29 PM »
If, as a playa, ya chose T-Cubed ta be yo coach, that would drive anyone to drinkin', hey? I think these 2 gentlemen probably controlled themselves better than just 'bout any of us coulda, ai na?

Hear hear.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
There might be some truth to that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 07:38:43 PM »
See the 'Luke Fischer' thread.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 08:22:57 PM »
Unfortunate news for Indiana.  Every time it appears they have finally turned a corner, they appear to walk right into a stop sign.  Regardless of whether not these types of incidents should (or should not be) representative upon the head coach, it is very reflective of the basketball program and the leadership in charge.  For whatever reason, whether it is under Tom Crean or Kelvin Sampson, Indiana players seemingly cannot consistently stay out of trouble and out of the news.

Bottom line, the fact remains: Indiana has made just three Sweet 16's since 2000, and has finished a season in the top-25 during that span just four times.  That's not reflective of a Tom Crean, a Kelvin Sampson or a Mike Davis - that is reflective of the legacy of Bobby Knight (a era of success which suggests is not repeatable).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 08:28:23 PM »
Unfortunate news for Indiana.  Every time it appears they have finally turned a corner, they appear to walk right into a stop sign.  Regardless of whether not these types of incidents should (or should not be) representative upon the head coach, it is very reflective of the basketball program and the leadership in charge.  For whatever reason, whether it is under Tom Crean or Kelvin Sampson, Indiana players seemingly cannot consistently stay out of trouble and out of the news.

Bottom line, the fact remains: Indiana has made just three Sweet 16's since 2000, and has finished a season in the top-25 during that span just four times.  That's not reflective of a Tom Crean, a Kelvin Sampson or a Mike Davis - that is reflective of the legacy of Bobby Knight (a era of success which suggests is not repeatable).
So, you are saying they are no longer elite.    Their basketball program is average.    And they have had an extended run of poor off court decisions by their players.    Fair enough. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 09:02:21 PM »
Vodka, the clearest of the clear liquors, you'll never let me down.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 09:32:36 PM »
Because it only matters when athletes do the drinking, who cares about the other 87% of students who under age drink.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 11:45:41 PM »
So, you are saying they are no longer elite.    Their basketball program is average.    And they have had an extended run of poor off court decisions by their players.    Fair enough.

They're absolutely an elite program.  I4

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 07:38:09 AM »

If ya chose T-Cubed ta be yo coach, I can only assume you were hammered when you did it.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 09:48:00 AM »
If ya chose T-Cubed ta be yo coach, I can only assume you were hammered when you did it.

Nice!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 09:50:07 AM »

I hear Steve Novak, Dwyane Wade, Travis Diener, Lazar Hayward, DJ, Jerel McNeal, Wes Matthews, etc, etc  are all drunks. 

;)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 07:16:28 PM »
According to IU athletic director Fred Glass, who spoke to reporters on Wednesday morning, McRobbie "read the riot act" to the school's athletic department on Tuesday. Glass said the school had not yet come to decision with regard to discipline for either Holt or Bryant, but he had discussed their situations with head coach Tom Crean.

"What I do not want to see is any more stories of repeated student misbehavior," McRobbie told members of the athletic department, according to meeting notes obtained by the Indy Star. "They embarrass the university, they embarrass all of you in Athletics, and they are a complete distraction from our primary role as an educational institution.

"This misbehavior simply has to stop. I expect all of you to ensure that my message is heard loud and clear by all student athletes."

In the last two years, Indiana's basketball program has had 11 citations, arrests or drug suspensions, according to a report from the Indy Star, which has left many fans and alumni wondering whether it's time for McRobbie to intervene.

Looks like the chit's 'bout ta hit the fan in Bloomin'ton, ai na?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:22:33 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 08:19:29 PM »

In the last two years, Indiana's basketball program has had 11 citations, arrests or drug suspensions, according to a report from the Indy Star, which has left many fans and alumni wondering whether it's time for McRobbie to intervene.

Trying to imagine the squirmy outrage if MU had those stats under Buzz. 

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 08:27:07 PM »
Trying to imagine the squirmy outrage if MU had those stats under Buzz.
or today.......one might start "loosing confidence" in Wojo and staff.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 08:49:40 PM »
I don't know why anyone would ever care about a college student busted for underage drinking. Those of us that weren't busted should consider ourselves lucky

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 08:53:56 PM »
I don't know why anyone would ever care about a college student busted for underage drinking. Those of us that weren't busted should consider ourselves lucky

it's not the underage drinking, it's the lack of oversight, discipline and institutional control at the Indiana land grant University.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 08:56:15 PM »
it's not the underage drinking, it's the lack of oversight, discipline and institutional control at the Indiana land grant University.

Nailed that one.

Squirmy stuff going on in Bloomington.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »

Death on call

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 09:03:19 PM »

I hate Crean and IU as much as the next guy. Let's just be realistic

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 09:26:20 PM »
I don't actually care about this.   Just enjoying it. 

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »

That is a hilarious picture, it sums up everything I think of the tanned one.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 09:49:01 PM »
Sounds like McRobbie put out a final documented warning on someone's termination agreement out clause.