[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Entertaining Toddlers on Planes  (Read 4263 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Entertaining Toddlers on Planes
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2015, 08:28:33 AM »
Yesterday could not have gone any better than it did.  All it took was the right combination of videos, snacks, and constant reminders that if you're naughty, you'll get left behind at the airport.

As to the props, comments etc., I did receive a few at the airport and on the plane.  The older men were impressed for the reasons Chick alluded to as basis for sucking it.  But I'm pretty sure all the "props" I got from the younger men and women were nothing more than a casual realization that I was doing this as a favor for my wife.

Incidentally, we were in a 3-3 confit, so the two older kids sat one row in front of me and the 2 y/o... the third person in their row happened to be an MU alum (took notice of my son's MU shirt), at which point the conversation turned to basketball with my 6 y/o.  Nevertheless, I suggest keeping this thread in the Superbar.

Glad to hear that it went well. It's all about being organized and prepared. Just like going to war.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2015, 11:11:33 AM »
the third person in their row happened to be an MU alum (took notice of my son's MU shirt), at which point the conversation turned to basketball with my 6 y/o.
Was this fellow alum Derrick or Dawson?

Death on call

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 09:20:32 AM »
My wife and I try as best we can to try for flights around nap times.  We just got back from Colorado with our 3 year old (completely fine loves looking out the window) and our 11 month old.  For the 11 month old getting a bottle/sippy cup on the way up to help relieve pressure seemed to work out great, and then after that he dozed off and basically woke up as we were descending.  Of course this also means you are likely not moving the entire flight since they are sleeping on you.