collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108568 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #1000 on: January 16, 2016, 11:03:48 PM »
The Packers defense had played very well (both in this game and all season).  There is no issue with kicking the extra point.  And this is coming from a guy who looks for any reason to second guess McCarthy.

Health is never guaranteed in the NFL (which is why last year's collapse in Seattle is still hard to take).  But if the defense is as good as it was this season, the offensive line stays healthy, and you have a WR group of Nelson, Cobb, Montgomery, Adams, Abbrederis, and Janis there's no reason this team won't be a favorite to win the Super Bowl next year.  Really love the rookie defensive backs.  Get a couple middle linebackers healthy and maybe draft a MLB or OLB to replace Peppers and you have talent everywhere.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 11:07:04 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1001 on: January 16, 2016, 11:07:33 PM »
McCarthy consistently makes the wrong decisions but claiming he should have gone for 2 might be the dumbest second guess ever.

Yeah, giving Rodgers a chance to win the game would have been "dumb." Much "smarter" to create a realistic chance he'd never see the ball again.  ::)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: January 16, 2016, 11:11:25 PM »
Yeah, giving Rodgers a chance to win the game would have been "dumb." Much "smarter" to create a realistic chance he'd never see the ball again.  ::)

If you are playing the odds, the odds the Packers covert a 2 point conversion is about 50% if you go by NFL stats.

Last I had heard, the first team possessing the ball in overtime has scored a touchdown at a much lesser rate than 50%.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: January 16, 2016, 11:14:35 PM »
I'm not second guessing, I'm first guessing. As soon as the Hail Mary was confirmed, line up for 2. You have AZ on their heels, no timeouts, go for it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: January 16, 2016, 11:16:44 PM »
I'm not second guessing, I'm first guessing. As soon as the Hail Mary was confirmed, line up for 2. You have AZ on their heels, no timeouts, go for it.

I can understand that.  And if that would have been his decision, I would have been OK with that.  But the problem with the OT was the defensive breakdown.  Not the coin flip.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1005 on: January 16, 2016, 11:19:21 PM »

Yep.  Momentum totally on GB's side, AZ defense stunned.  Get back into the end zone before they know what hit them.  Instead, McCarthy game them time to regroup...plus a 50-50 chance of getting the ball first.

It isn't second guessing.  It's expressing an opinion.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: January 16, 2016, 11:23:02 PM »
I can understand that.  And if that would have been his decision, I would have been OK with that.  But the problem with the OT was the defensive breakdown.  Not the coin flip.

Agree, the coin flip only matters if your defense breaks down and gives up the TD.

After the Hail Mary, I wanted the Packers to win that game. Had no rooting interest otherwise, but holy eff, Rodgers, multiple Hail Mary's thrown perfectly on same drive. That was awesome.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #1007 on: January 16, 2016, 11:25:45 PM »

It isn't second guessing.  It's expressing an opinion.

And of course that opinion is being expressed in hindsight  after the game ended and the overtime didn't work out. Really despise second guessers. You think folks would have a little pride.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1008 on: January 16, 2016, 11:30:18 PM »
And of course that opinion is being expressed in hindsight  after the game ended and the overtime didn't work out. Really despise second guessers. You think folks would have a little pride.

Look at the time stamp of my post.  It was before the coin toss, before the drive.

Are you big enough to admit you're wrong calling me a second guesser now?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1009 on: January 16, 2016, 11:40:03 PM »
Look at the time stamp of my post.  It was before the coin toss, before the drive.

Mutaman admitting he is wrong......dude, you will be here all day

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: January 16, 2016, 11:42:41 PM »

"McCarthy should go for two" : First guess

"McCarthy should have gone for two"  Second guess.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: January 16, 2016, 11:44:09 PM »
Mutaman admitting he is wrong......dude, you will be here all day

Chico, shouldn't you be over on the political board repeating what you just heard on Fox.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1012 on: January 16, 2016, 11:45:31 PM »
"McCarthy should go for two" : First guess

"McCarthy should have gone for two"  Second guess.

Changing your definitions (see above, where you first called it second guessing after the game ended).  lol

brandx

« Reply #1013 on: January 16, 2016, 11:51:50 PM »
Never, ever, ever underestimate the ability of a Capers defense to collapse in the Playoffs.

It means absolutely nothing that they played well for 52 minutes or that they played well for 55 minutes last year against Seattle.

He will choke at the end.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: January 16, 2016, 11:54:00 PM »
Changing your definitions (see above, where you first called it second guessing after the game ended).  lol

Like I said,  show a little pride.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: January 17, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »
Never, ever, ever underestimate the ability of a Capers defense to collapse in the Playoffs.

It means absolutely nothing that they played well for 52 minutes or that they played well for 55 minutes last year against Seattle.

Packers held the best offensive team in the NFL to 20 points in regulation on their home field. And 7 of the points were on an incredibly lucky bounce. Capers did ok. Fitgerald is a great football player who made a great play. Not much coaching can do about it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:02:18 AM by Mutaman »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: January 17, 2016, 12:02:42 AM »

Choke? The Packers held the highest scoring team to 20 points in regulation.

Nobody "choked." The Packers played a good game but we're just too depleted by injury. They lost to a really good team. The defense played very well tonight and all year. Give this team the Packers offense from any of the past 5 years and this is a Super Bowl team.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #1017 on: January 17, 2016, 12:11:46 AM »
Packers held the best offensive team in the NFL to 20 points in regulation on their home field. And 7 of the points were on an incredibly lucky bounce. Capers did ok.

I think the history says otherwise. They held Seattle totally in check for 55 minutes last year too. Means nothing.

He can't coach when the pressure is on. His preparation for the game may have been great, just like last year, but when the game is on the line, he can't get it done. Plays soft, goes to a zone just to be safe, and turns a game into a quick loss.

It's no surprise that the two worst defensive stands were on the Cardinal's last two drives. And in Seattle, it was the last three drives.

And two years in a row, they go to overtime and they go through our defense like a hot knife through butter.

They need to fire Capers NOW for the same reason the Bulls had to fire Doug Collins.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: January 17, 2016, 12:14:48 AM »
I think the history says otherwise. They held Seattle totally in check for 55 minutes last year too. Means nothing.

He can't coach when the pressure is on. His preparation for the game may have been great, just like last year, but when the game is on the line, he can't get it done. Plays soft, goes to a zone just to be safe, and turns a game into a quick loss.

It's no surprise that the two worst defensive stands were on the Cardinal's last two drives. And in Seattle, it was the last three drives.

And two years in a row, they go to overtime and they go through our defense like a hot knife through butter.

They need to fire Capers NOW for the same reason the Bulls had to fire Doug Collins.

20 points against a team that averaged 31 PPG on the season.  And really 17 if you take away the field goal due to the Packers turning it over on downs with 2:45 left in field goal range.  The loss isn't on the defense.  And it really isn't on the offense.  It's on not being healthy and playing a very good team.

brandx

« Reply #1019 on: January 17, 2016, 12:26:29 AM »
20 points against a team that averaged 31 PPG on the season.  And really 17 if you take away the field goal due to the Packers turning it over on downs with 2:45 left in field goal range.  The loss isn't on the defense.  And it really isn't on the offense.  It's on not being healthy and playing a very good team.

Defense isn't about just the first 55 minutes in a close game. The defense collapsed - almost as bad as last year.

As far as not being healthy, Cobb/Adams did not have a single game all year that could match what Janis/Abbrederis did tonight. Pretty sad.

It was an interesting experience to see guys get open.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: January 17, 2016, 12:57:13 AM »
Defense isn't about just the first 55 minutes in a close game. The defense collapsed - almost as bad as last year.

As far as not being healthy, Cobb/Adams did not have a single game all year that could match what Janis/Abbrederis did tonight. Pretty sad.

It was an interesting experience to see guys get open.

Right. It's about 60 minutes. The defense gave up 17 points (plus 3 that they were left to absorb from the turnover on downs). And last year if the special teams (not Dom Capers's job) just simply recovers an onside kick we take a knee having given up 14 points in Seattle.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: January 17, 2016, 02:19:33 AM »
Fine with the extra point kick. No problem with it at all.

Wish it would have been blocked, though.

Nice year - all things considered - for the Pack.

2nd place in the NFC North and a win against a lowly Redskins team. Good luck next year! SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: January 17, 2016, 07:20:37 AM »
Cardinals won despite Bruce Arians numbnutted calls. Total head scratcher on passing when the clock was your opponent, giving Rodgers an extra minute. Macho talk post game sounds good in the press, but really poor game management, if not inept.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/?s=

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1023 on: January 17, 2016, 09:19:46 AM »
Like I said,  show a little pride.

None or what was said earlier had anything to do with the term "hindsight."  I made my statement BEFORE the coin toss, and BEFORE the Cardinals scored.

It must hurt to prove Chico right just to try to rationalize your error.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: January 17, 2016, 10:18:23 AM »
I would have gone for two

Right.  If the Packers had made it, it would have been the most brilliant call ever.

If they hadn't made it, it would have been the most idiotic call ever.
Have some patience, FFS.