collapse

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108475 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: MU 82
« Reply #1050 on: January 18, 2016, 07:49:35 PM »
A friend of mine who is a big Panthers fan....this is for you MU82

That's one Panther pup with high intelligence and fashion sense!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #1051 on: January 19, 2016, 10:05:28 AM »
I was surprised McCarthy threw Lacy under the bus like that yesterday

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1052 on: January 19, 2016, 11:26:44 AM »

That bus must have an enormous undercarriage. 
Ludum habemus.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1053 on: January 19, 2016, 12:17:57 PM »

Hope he didn't hurt the bus. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1054 on: January 19, 2016, 12:20:06 PM »

I think Thompson and McCarthy have one year left to show improvement.  Because of this, I think McCarthy is going to be a different type of coach.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1055 on: January 19, 2016, 12:22:28 PM »

He was pretty direct about a number of things.  I liked it.  Coachspeak is great during the season.  I appreciate him telling it like it is yesterday.  I must admit however that he gave ARodg a pass blaming 'factors'.  Guess he didn't feel the need.  But Eddie needed a blowtorch under his arse.  He's got one shot to get that next contract.  I'll anticipate a big year.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1056 on: January 19, 2016, 12:27:01 PM »

I think Thompson and McCarthy have one year left to show improvement.  Because of this, I think McCarthy is going to be a different type of coach.

I can envision Thompson retiring being replaced by Schneider, Dorsey or Wolf.  I'd anticipate that any of those 3 would want McCarthy to stay.

brandx

« Reply #1057 on: January 19, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »

He won't do it for plays on the football field.

This was something different. Lack of preparation.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1058 on: January 19, 2016, 12:39:28 PM »
I must admit however that he gave ARodg a pass blaming 'factors'.  Guess he didn't feel the need. 

Not sure how much blame belongs with Rodgers.  He played all season without his #1 receiver, his #1 RB clearly underperformed, and he got sacked more than anyone in the league other than Blake Bortles.  Still, he had the 9th best QBR of all regular starters in the NFL, and showed some amazing plays when games were on the line.

Curious what you expected McCarthy to say? 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: January 19, 2016, 12:56:02 PM »
He was pretty direct about a number of things.  I liked it.  Coachspeak is great during the season.  I appreciate him telling it like it is yesterday. I must admit however that he gave ARodg a pass blaming 'factors'.  Guess he didn't feel the need.  But Eddie needed a blowtorch under his arse.  He's got one shot to get that next contract.  I'll anticipate a big year.

Lacy can easily be replaced. Rodgers can't. Head coaches don't ruffle the feathers of their franchise QB (especially a sensitive one) if they want to keep their job.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1060 on: January 19, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »
Not sure how much blame belongs with Rodgers.  He played all season without his #1 receiver, his #1 RB clearly underperformed, and he got sacked more than anyone in the league other than Blake Bortles.  Still, he had the 9th best QBR of all regular starters in the NFL, and showed some amazing plays when games were on the line.

Curious what you expected McCarthy to say?

Nothing really.  I agree that ARodg's problems were probably almost entirely due to challenges associated with O line injuries, a diminished running game and receiver depletion.  All that said, he did let his mechanics slip a bit probably from being hit 100 times.  He gets it.  He's a pro.  He'll fix it by July probably telling Olivia that he needs to go to McCarthy's Q school to 'counsel' Hundley.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1061 on: January 24, 2016, 02:39:15 PM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1062 on: January 24, 2016, 02:43:06 PM »
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/24/report-mccarthy-fed-up-with-thompsons-approach-to-free-agency/

Trouble in paradise? How hot is McCarthy's seat?

McGinn's article is pretty blistering.  I think they have one more year.  If they underperform again, Murphy may break up the band.  Thompson "retires."  New GM hires his coach.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1063 on: January 24, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
I guess my question is what do people want more from Ted?  How many teams are consistently legitimate contenders for a Super Bowl?  There is one organization that I can think of that is better than the Packers on that front and it is the Patriots.  Beyond that the Steelers are about on par with the Packers and nobody else is really even close.  Should Ted have predicted a torn ACL to his #1 wide receiver?  By the time that happened what free agents were available?  Randy Moss?  James Jones?  Oh wait, he did go out and get James Jones, who was the Packers' best wide receiver this year.

Should he have guessed that each week there would be another offensive lineman trying to play through another nagging injury?  That his starting MLB would have a season ending injury 2 weeks into the year?

Sure, having depth to deal with injuries is important.  But I would argue that's exactly what the Packers did.  10-6 and nearly going to an NFC Title game is not a bad season when you look at all the injuries.

But yeah, as the smallest market in professional sports lets just ditch what has gotten us a Super Bowl and 6 straight post season appearances to go after big name free agents.  I mean, it's so successful for teams like the Raiders, Eagles, and Jaguars.  No reason it wouldn't be more successful for Green Bay than what they've had the past 2 decades.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1064 on: January 24, 2016, 03:59:35 PM »
We will take McCarthy in a heartbeat over what we have.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1065 on: January 24, 2016, 04:02:41 PM »
We will take McCarthy in a heartbeat over what we have.

I used to hate on McCarthy but I actually have more confidence in him after this year than I ever had before.  I think he's good but not great.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1066 on: January 24, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
McGinn is a good historian, but a horrible prognosticator.  Well connected with scouts from many teams, who I suspect are feeding him his current theme of Ted Thompson has "no owner to worry about/be held accountable to."

I think it's a load of garbage. 
Ludum habemus.

Dahmerville

• Walk-On
« Reply #1067 on: January 24, 2016, 05:17:20 PM »
McGinn is a good historian, but a horrible prognosticator.  Well connected with scouts from many teams, who I suspect are feeding him his current theme of Ted Thompson has "no owner to worry about/be held accountable to."

I think it's a load of garbage.

This owner is all over the exec committee members, expecting action soon.  Johnny B is an MU guy, he has high expectations. 

brandx

« Reply #1068 on: January 24, 2016, 05:55:28 PM »

McGinn's article is pretty blistering.  I think they have one more year.  If they underperform again, Murphy may break up the band.  Thompson "retires."  New GM hires his coach.

This was easilt McCarthy's worst coaching job. I don't see him on the hot seat, though.

I begged an unresponding TV screen all year long to put Janis on the field. Adams was worse than brutal. Could have gone out and gotten a better Street FA to replace him - and we had Janis and Aberderis rotting on the bench all year. His moves at LT late in the year were indefensible. Barclay is as bad a tackle as there is in the league, and Sitton was wishful thinking.

The refusal to throw the ball downfield when you had nobody who could get open or hang on to the short balls was inexcusable.

The worst decision was to give up play calling and take the entire offense out of the comfort zone.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1069 on: January 24, 2016, 08:54:06 PM »
How you doing MU82? No scares tonight.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:27:02 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1070 on: January 24, 2016, 09:42:56 PM »
KEEP POUNDING, PANTHERS!

17-1, and 1 more to go!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1071 on: January 24, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »
Congratulations MU82.  If you want me to pick you up something at the game, souvenir or something....please PM me a few days before the game.

I'm theorizing the stadium will be about 70% Broncos supporters, but that might be a little high.  Many Broncos fans out this way and the sentimental pick is for Peyton.  The Panthers look terrific, class of the league this year no doubt.

Very happy for Peyton in so many ways.  One of the nicest guys, great families I've ever had to work for in sports.  So I have a strong bias that he can some how get it, but right now seems awfully tough.  We'll see.  I've been fortunate that only one Super Bowl I've attended was a blowout, so I'm hoping that streak continues and the game comes down to the last 4 minutes like the other ones I've been to. Just to keep you on your toes MU82 and nervous and such.  :)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1072 on: January 24, 2016, 11:09:36 PM »
Congratulations MU82.  If you want me to pick you up something at the game, souvenir or something....please PM me a few days before the game.

I'm theorizing the stadium will be about 70% Broncos supporters, but that might be a little high.  Many Broncos fans out this way and the sentimental pick is for Peyton.  The Panthers look terrific, class of the league this year no doubt.

Very happy for Peyton in so many ways.  One of the nicest guys, great families I've ever had to work for in sports.  So I have a strong bias that he can some how get it, but right now seems awfully tough.  We'll see.  I've been fortunate that only one Super Bowl I've attended was a blowout, so I'm hoping that streak continues and the game comes down to the last 4 minutes like the other ones I've been to. Just to keep you on your toes MU82 and nervous and such.  :)

Thanks for the offer, Chicos. I'm sure there will be plenty of "official" SB50 souvenirs here, too!

The Broncos better really be ready to play some serious defense because the Panthers are the best team in the league this season and I have a feeling they will really get after Peyton.

Peyton obviously will be the sentimental story these next two weeks, but I have zero doubt that the Panthers have the better QB and the better team. Now just gotta prove it.

It's been a fun season and, really, a pretty fun 3-year run for the Panthers.

brandx

« Reply #1073 on: January 24, 2016, 11:34:41 PM »
Thanks for the offer, Chicos. I'm sure there will be plenty of "official" SB50 souvenirs here, too!

The Broncos better really be ready to play some serious defense because the Panthers are the best team in the league this season and I have a feeling they will really get after Peyton.

Peyton obviously will be the sentimental story these next two weeks, but I have zero doubt that the Panthers have the better QB and the better team. Now just gotta prove it.

It's been a fun season and, really, a pretty fun 3-year run for the Panthers.

Glad they won for you, Mike. I had little doubt they would. GB shut Arizona down for 55 minutes and all you needed to do was catch all the balls Carson threw - the ones that we dropped.

Conference championship Sunday is the best day of the year for football  just like Elite 8 weekend is the best in college hoops.

Cam is the slam dunk MVP this year and he should have "fun" going against the Bronco's defense.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1074 on: January 24, 2016, 11:45:49 PM »

Glad they won for you, Mike. I had little doubt they would. GB shut Arizona down for 55 minutes and all you needed to do was catch all the balls Carson threw - the ones that we dropped.

Conference championship Sunday is the best day of the year for football  just like Elite 8 weekend is the best in college hoops.

Cam is the slam dunk MVP this year and he should have "fun" going against the Bronco's defense.

Thanks brand.

I told everybody who would listen that I couldn't believe Shields dropped the interception that would have clinched that game. Palmer tried very hard to give the game to the Packers, but they wouldn't take it.

Honestly, I was glad the Cardinals won because I would have much rather gone against a choker than Rodgers!

feedback