collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108592 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #500 on: November 08, 2015, 04:48:37 PM »
You think the lame ass smirk he has on his face coming off the field after getting sacked on 3rd and long multiple times then sulking by himself with that tablet is inspiring his teamates?

He plays like a leader but he has to act like one

Thanks, I know it's a parody now.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #501 on: November 08, 2015, 05:04:25 PM »
Wide receivers are just not talented enough.

Cobb can't be the guy. Adams is trying. 12 can't turn water into wine.

More than the WRs, the defense has been abused the last three weeks.

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #502 on: November 08, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »
Thanks, I know it's a parody now.
What leadership qualities did he have on display today?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #503 on: November 08, 2015, 05:23:48 PM »
What leadership qualities did he have on display today?

25/48, 4 TDs while getting tossed around like a rag doll.

Really the idea that Aaron Rodgers isn't a leader because he doesn't "light a fire under his teammates" and yell at them, and (in your eyes) "looks like he doesn't care."

That is a stupid sports thought.  Rodgers has turned himself into one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL because he cares...a lot.

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #504 on: November 08, 2015, 05:28:18 PM »

Really the idea that Aaron Rodgers isn't a leader because he doesn't "light a fire under his teammates" and yell at them, and (in your eyes) "looks like he doesn't care."

That is a stupid sports thought.  Rodgers has turned himself into one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL because he cares...a lot.
[/quote I said he was a hell of a quarterback and his stats back that up.  But leaders inspire their team to play well,  which he didn't. ]

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #505 on: November 08, 2015, 05:28:44 PM »

Cutler on line 1...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #506 on: November 08, 2015, 05:41:07 PM »
I said he was a hell of a quarterback and his stats back that up.  But leaders inspire their team to play well,  which he didn't.

So whenever the team doesn't play well it's because Aaron Rodgers didn't "inspire" them enough?

Not to mention that I thought that he had the offense playing pretty damn well toward the end of the game.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #507 on: November 08, 2015, 05:45:47 PM »
Cutler on line 1...

+1000000 not saying Rodgers isn't a leader but let's not be hypocrites about it.

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #508 on: November 08, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »

So whenever the team doesn't play well it's because Aaron Rodgers didn't "inspire" them enough?

Not to mention that I thought that he had the offense playing pretty damn well toward the end of the game.
No that isn't always the case, sometimes you get beat by the better team. The thing is I don't think the Panthers are better, and the pack proved that in the fourth quarter. But after they got whooped on in the first half and everyone's looking at each other like what just happened someone has to inspire them. And if you're the highest paid player in the league I feel like that falls on you.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #509 on: November 08, 2015, 05:53:05 PM »
Cutler on line 1...

Wonder if he'll injure his wrist if we make him hold long enough....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #510 on: November 08, 2015, 05:55:29 PM »
No that isn't always the case, sometimes you get beat by the better team. The thing is I don't think the Panthers are better, and the pack proved that in the fourth quarter. But after they got whooped on in the first half and everyone's looking at each other like what just happened someone has to inspire them. And if you're the highest paid player in the league I feel like that falls on you.

So the big 4th quarter comeback was because the Packers were simply a better team?  How do you know that they weren't reacting to Rodgers' inspirational leadership?  And the way you be a leader is to yell at your teammates?

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #511 on: November 08, 2015, 06:02:45 PM »

So the big 4th quarter comeback was because the Packers were simply a better team?  How do you know that they weren't reacting to Rodgers' inspirational leadership?  And the way you be a leader is to yell at your teammates?
Yeah sometimes you do need to lay into them, not all the time like you keep trying to make it seem, but sometimes you do. Leaders find different ways of inspiring their team and that's one of them. Where was this inspirational leadership in the first 3 quarters when he would walk off the field after 3 and outs with that blank look on his face? If he had inspired them in the beginning they wouldn't have had to scramble to make that miraculous near comeback because of his "inspirational leadership".

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #512 on: November 08, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »
THE CONSENSUS rolls into first place! SKOL VIKINGS!

Let's hope Teddy is OK.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #513 on: November 08, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »
Yeah sometimes you do need to lay into them, not all the time like you keep trying to make it seem, but sometimes you do. Leaders find different ways of inspiring their team and that's one of them. Where was this inspirational leadership in the first 3 quarters when he would walk off the field after 3 and outs with that blank look on his face? If he had inspired them in the beginning they wouldn't have had to scramble to make that miraculous near comeback because of his "inspirational leadership".

This is really dumb.

The idea that the only way to be a leader is to engage in Knute Rockne stereotypes is hilarious.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:19:24 PM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »

This is really dumb.
Yeah good point you proved me wrong there. You've shown time and time again on this board you are to hard headed too ever change your mind so I'll let you keep thinking you are right.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #515 on: November 08, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »
Yeah good point you proved me wrong there. You've shown time and time again on this board you are to hard headed too ever change your mind so I'll let you keep thinking you are right.

I'm changed my mind plenty of times.  But the idea presented has to be well thought out and have some evidence to back it up.  Yours provides neither.

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2015, 06:23:56 PM »

I'm changed my mind plenty of times.  But the idea presented has to be well thought out and have some evidence to back it up.  Yours provides neither.
And your thoughts on him being a leader provide none as well.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #517 on: November 08, 2015, 06:32:12 PM »
And your thoughts on him being a leader provide none as well.

Except for the fact that he has lead his team to four straight division titles and a Super Bowl Championship (where he was MVP), while quarterbacking one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL.

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #518 on: November 08, 2015, 06:38:24 PM »
Except for the fact that he has lead his team to four straight division titles and a Super Bowl Championship (where he was MVP), while quarterbacking one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL.
I've never denied he was a good quarterback, he's one of the best in the league and those things back it up.  But leaders inspire their team to play well when things aren't going well.  Which he didn't.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #519 on: November 08, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »
I've never denied he was a good quarterback, he's one of the best in the league and those things back it up.  But leaders inspire their team to play well when things aren't going well.  Which he didn't.

So your argument is when the team isn't playing well it is Rodgers lack of leadership at fault and his talent doesn't matter but all the times they did win is because of his talent and his leadership doesn't matter?  This logic is clearly infallible.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #520 on: November 08, 2015, 07:46:40 PM »
So your argument is when the team isn't playing well it is Rodgers lack of leadership at fault and his talent doesn't matter but all the times they did win is because of his talent and his leadership doesn't matter?  This logic is clearly infallible.

No his talent makes up for his lack of leadership in my opinion. But a leader is someone that can bring there team back when they are down and fire them up when things aren't looking good. And I did not see any of that until the 4th quarter rolled around. Look I think he is a damn good quarterback but just not a very inspiring guy, I think if he became a more inspiring leader he would end up as one of the best of all time.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #521 on: November 08, 2015, 07:47:05 PM »
No that isn't always the case, sometimes you get beat by the better team. The thing is I don't think the Panthers are better, and the pack proved that in the fourth quarter.

So, when the Panthers were taking a big lead, that didn't count toward them being the better team? The first 3 1/2 quarters don't count in NFL games?

The Panthers are 8-0 and have overcome considerable adversity this season ... but the Packers "proved" they were the better team by outscoring the Panthers in the fourth quarter and still losing?

Huh?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #522 on: November 08, 2015, 07:52:52 PM »
So, when the Panthers were taking a big lead, that didn't count toward them being the better team? The first 3 1/2 quarters don't count in NFL games?

The Panthers are 8-0 and have overcome considerable adversity this season ... but the Packers "proved" they were the better team by outscoring the Panthers in the fourth quarter and still losing?

Huh?
I think the Packers are a better team? I don't get what's hard to understand about that. They didn't play up to their potential for most of the game but when they did in the 4th quarter you saw what happened. If they had played that well all game I believe the Packers would have won.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #523 on: November 08, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »
It's even better.  The 4th quarter doesn't show that Rodgers is "inspiring" or "a leader."  But the first three quarters show that he lacks these qualities.  Bizarre.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #524 on: November 08, 2015, 08:11:33 PM »
Every time you use 'fire' your perceived IQ drops by 5 points.

Worst, well documented sports cliche ever.

No one has ever 'fired' a professional team up with 'passion' through a speech or other motivational tactics. It's all bullcrap, if you believe otherwise, you're likely a Neanderthal.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:14:19 PM by PTM »