[Today at 12:26:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108634 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #425 on: October 24, 2015, 03:55:42 PM »
Because of society's interpretation of sex, nudity, etc. As well as society's views on genders. It's probably inappropriate for a woman to be in a men's locker room. It's DEFINITELY inappropriate for a man to be in a women's locker room. I'm almost sure that would be the result of polls.

We aren't equal. You know that. I know that. Sure, most people don't want to admit it, but *most* people know it's true.

So then would you support removing women from the men's locker room, especially when the players don't want them in the first place?

What do you think the response would be from feminists?  Liberals?  The media?  Just curious?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #426 on: October 24, 2015, 03:57:39 PM »
Chicos, are you sure that men aren't allowed in female locker rooms?  Because with a simple internet search, I have seen that this isn't the case.  Male reporters are allowed in WNBA locker rooms for instance.  The NCAA has the same access policy for men and women in the basketball tournament.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2013/04/putting-to-rest-the-myth-that-womens-teams-dont-let-male-reporters-into-the-locker-room/

So again, it is probably best that you play your white, male victimization card elsewhere.

The WNBA has a staging area where they take questions for 20 minutes before they shower, need privacy, etc.

Not the case for male sports.  Women, men, etc sit at the locker while players come in from the shower, drop the towels, get dressed while answering the questions.  The players, largely, hate it. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #427 on: October 24, 2015, 04:13:47 PM »
That's not what the link I posted says. 

"The WNBA . . . has the same rules as the NBA. Open locker rooms at designated times. In the NCAA tournament, the same rules govern both men and women’s locker rooms — they’re both open at specific times. During the regular season, NCAA institutions can make their own rules about locker room availability, but during the tournament the NCAA has a uniform policy. When Stanford played UConn in last April’s championship, if you wanted to see how devastated Jayne Appel was after her terrible shooting night, you needed to be in the locker room. I was there. So were my male colleagues."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #428 on: October 24, 2015, 05:13:06 PM »
So then would you support removing women from the men's locker room, especially when the players don't want them in the first place?

What do you think the response would be from feminists?  Liberals?  The media?  Just curious?
I believe if the athletes want privacy, give it to them. Do they have a say in the matter? I don't know. Perhaps individual teams control access, perhaps leagues do. I don't know.

I don't know what responses would be. Do you care what their responses would be? I also asked you about media members because you've been around them, surely, more than I have.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #429 on: October 24, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »
I believe if the athletes want privacy, give it to them. Do they have a say in the matter? I don't know. Perhaps individual teams control access, perhaps leagues do. I don't know.

I don't know what responses would be. Do you care what their responses would be? I also asked you about media members because you've been around them, surely, more than I have.

They currently do not.  The media claims they need this access for tight turnarounds for filing stories, of course those were days of the newspaper which are dying rapidly.  The leagues mandate it right now and it is part of the collective bargaining agreement, I believe (I will need to check).

I think if you took a wild guess, or even a restrained one, we could come to an agreement what their responses would be.  We also know that if male reporters asked for EQUAL access to female sports in the same manner, their answer would be 180 degrees opposite.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #430 on: October 24, 2015, 06:37:40 PM »
They currently do not.  The media claims they need this access for tight turnarounds for filing stories, of course those were days of the newspaper which are dying rapidly.  The leagues mandate it right now and it is part of the collective bargaining agreement, I believe (I will need to check).

I think if you took a wild guess, or even a restrained one, we could come to an agreement what their responses would be.  We also know that if male reporters asked for EQUAL access to female sports in the same manner, their answer would be 180 degrees opposite.

On your second paragraph, you're right, ultimately. But I truly believe everyone on this board would come to the exact same conclusions. So why is this a topic to argue about?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #431 on: October 24, 2015, 06:49:16 PM »
On your second paragraph, you're right, ultimately. But I truly believe everyone on this board would come to the exact same conclusions. So why is this a topic to argue about?

Exactly.  He is asserting a point that doesn't seem to be accurate. 

Furthermore, I can't figure out why it would be a double standard if WNBA games were covered different than NBA games.  As long as reporters of both sexes have the same access to each, where is the discrimination? 

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #432 on: October 24, 2015, 08:23:24 PM »
Can we spin the Chicos locker room discussion into its own thread?

Brandx, that article makes me sad as a Bears fan.  Could have sworn Gould was on his 2nd deal.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #433 on: October 24, 2015, 10:44:41 PM »
Can we spin the Chicos locker room discussion into its own thread?

Brandx, that article makes me sad as a Bears fan.  Could have sworn Gould was on his 2nd deal.
DONE!  It's established and even has a few "locker room" apostles.  It's called the Politics board - a vast array of topics but the same locker room point of view.

brandx

« Reply #434 on: October 24, 2015, 11:08:34 PM »

Same here - I even looked it up before I posted the link to the article.

He was undrafted and then cut from Patriots and Ravens before being signed in-season by the Bears. He has actually signed a couple extensions, I think, but the article was about drafted players.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #435 on: October 25, 2015, 09:28:46 AM »
That's not what the link I posted says. 

"The WNBA . . . has the same rules as the NBA. Open locker rooms at designated times. In the NCAA tournament, the same rules govern both men and women’s locker rooms — they’re both open at specific times. During the regular season, NCAA institutions can make their own rules about locker room availability, but during the tournament the NCAA has a uniform policy. When Stanford played UConn in last April’s championship, if you wanted to see how devastated Jayne Appel was after her terrible shooting night, you needed to be in the locker room. I was there. So were my male colleagues."

Top sentence.... "during designated times"....which is what I said.  They have a staging area (a set aside time and area prior to shower time).

Those designated times, people aren't walking around naked in towels like they are in the MLB, NFL, etc.  TH

This should be the practice that everyone does, but that's not what all the leagues do. 

That's also not true about the NBA.  They can say it is the same policy, it absolutely is not enforced that way.  Jason Whitlock had an article about this last year which I will find and post.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #436 on: October 25, 2015, 09:42:22 AM »
Top sentence.... "during designated times"....which is what I said.  They have a staging area (a set aside time and area prior to shower time).

Those designated times, people aren't walking around naked in towels like they are in the MLB, NFL, etc.  TH

This should be the practice that everyone does, but that's not what all the leagues do. 

That's also not true about the NBA.  They can say it is the same policy, it absolutely is not enforced that way.  Jason Whitlock had an article about this last year which I will find and post.

So even if I believe your description of what actually occurs, male and female reporters get equal access to the locker rooms in order that they do their job.

So how is this bias or a double standard?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #437 on: October 25, 2015, 12:00:58 PM »
Skol Vikings. Big game today. Hope our guys are nekkid & happy for postgame interviews.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #438 on: October 25, 2015, 12:04:40 PM »
Skol Vikings. Big game today. Hope our guys are nekkid & happy for postgame interviews.

Got the DVR set ai'na?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #439 on: October 25, 2015, 12:37:47 PM »

Got the DVR set ai'na?

Nah, Deadspin provides the goods

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #440 on: October 25, 2015, 02:21:07 PM »
Adrian Peterson got sick...because he accidentally swallowed his chewing tobacco?

Sounds like a bright guy.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #441 on: October 25, 2015, 04:01:56 PM »
Adrian Peterson got sick...because he accidentally swallowed his chewing tobacco?

You can say what you want about his intelligence due to the child abuse stuff, but come on.  Its like swallowing your gum.  The plane dropped 8-900 feet I heard.  Its hilarious, but it doesn't exactly make him an idiot.  Not like he's questionable with a laceration cause he was juggling knives.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #442 on: October 25, 2015, 04:41:21 PM »
4-2. Teddy growing up. Skol Vikings!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brandx

« Reply #443 on: October 25, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »
4-2. Teddy growing up. Skol Vikings!

Everyone grows up agains the Lions :D

tower912

• All American
« Reply #444 on: October 25, 2015, 04:54:44 PM »
I said weeks ago that the offensive line is terrible, the play calling and scheme are a joke and that they have combined to turn Matthew Stafford into Joey Harrington.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2015, 05:27:14 PM »
I mean I know Suh is gone but the Lions look absolutely terrible.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #446 on: October 25, 2015, 05:46:37 PM »
I mean I know Suh is gone but the Lions look absolutely terrible.

They look as they have for the last half century.   Bring back Wayne Fontes!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #447 on: October 25, 2015, 06:15:26 PM »
You can say what you want about his intelligence due to the child abuse stuff, but come on.  Its like swallowing your gum.  The plane dropped 8-900 feet I heard.  Its hilarious, but it doesn't exactly make him an idiot.  Not like he's questionable with a laceration cause he was juggling knives.

He chews tobacco, not gum.  Like I said, sounds like a bright guy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #448 on: October 25, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »

Yikes, Peterson just got Schwanke-Kastened, ai na?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:58:01 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #449 on: October 25, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »
He chews tobacco, not gum.  Like I said, sounds like a bright guy.
He's making his living as a professional football player not a lawyer, manager, accountant, agent, doctor, small business owner, broker, etc., etc. 

It seems to me like he is probably smarter than the average American (no great bragging rights there) but not nearly as intelligent as the non professional sports star in the top 5% income.

How bright do you expect your running back to be?