[Today at 09:08:06 AM]

NCSTATE is evil by Jay Bee
[Today at 09:07:16 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8340790 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/19
« Reply #21275 on: October 15, 2019, 07:11:47 PM »
Andrew Slater just predicted RJ Davis to North Carolina.Interesting.

Shockin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21276 on: October 15, 2019, 07:16:40 PM »
You be you, 4ever.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #21277 on: October 15, 2019, 07:17:56 PM »
Eh
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:30:10 PM by Uncle Rico »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #21278 on: October 15, 2019, 07:32:54 PM »
Cant blame the kid if wants to play for a historical powerhouse like them. How could anyone?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #21279 on: October 15, 2019, 07:34:53 PM »
Because Marquette’s a better place for him to play.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #21280 on: October 15, 2019, 07:36:51 PM »

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #21282 on: October 15, 2019, 07:39:57 PM »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #21283 on: October 15, 2019, 07:41:43 PM »
Because Marquette’s a better place for him to play.
Based on what? We don't know what types of recruits UNC will get in the future. There is a real chance he could start day one at UNC as well. All bias aside, I do think MU is a better fit.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21284 on: October 15, 2019, 07:59:17 PM »
And...

I will summarize the best i can, I don't want to post anything from behind a paywall...

First of all, it should be stated even Carolina board posters noticed the Slater crystal ball and don;t take it seriously, at all...apparently Slater has trolled the crystal ball ever since he got fired(I don't know from where), but apparently he has done it with past recruits as well, his modus apparendi apparently is crystal balling them to wherever they last visited.

Also...according to insiders at Inside Carolina, the UNC staff will take Davis regardless of who else may commit.

Some highlights from the story...He says that he will now re evaluate all the schools thoroughly with his family. He has no timetable for a decision. Says he's being very cautious with his decision because it's the biggest of his life. Wants to go somewhere where he can have a real college experience at a winning program. Wants to have a relationship with the coaching staff, reach out to them before and after practice, and have meaningful conversations. Wants to make an impact and have the opportunity to play wherever he goes.

Went on his visit with his parents and brother. Has known Cole Anthony since he was a Freshman says he's "his guy". His parents liked how family oriented the Carolina program seemed to be.

That's the main parts of it.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21285 on: October 15, 2019, 08:13:45 PM »

Shockin', hey?

The staff is trying hard. We lose out to UNC then so be it. No shame in that.

UNC Eagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21286 on: October 15, 2019, 08:23:55 PM »
I will summarize the best i can, I don't want to post anything from behind a paywall...

First of all, it should be stated even Carolina board posters noticed the Slater crystal ball and don;t take it seriously, at all...apparently Slater has trolled the crystal ball ever since he got fired(I don't know from where), but apparently he has done it with past recruits as well, his modus apparendi apparently is crystal balling them to wherever they last visited.

Also...according to insiders at Inside Carolina, the UNC staff will take Davis regardless of who else may commit.

Some highlights from the story...He says that he will now re evaluate all the schools thoroughly with his family. He has no timetable for a decision. Says he's being very cautious with his decision because it's the biggest of his life. Wants to go somewhere where he can have a real college experience at a winning program. Wants to have a relationship with the coaching staff, reach out to them before and after practice, and have meaningful conversations. Wants to make an impact and have the opportunity to play wherever he goes.

Went on his visit with his parents and brother. Has known Cole Anthony since he was a Freshman says he's "his guy". His parents liked how family oriented the Carolina program seemed to be.

These are the typical UNC talking points. Unfortunately , they are usually very persuasive in making them.

I still believe MU has a chance because of the playing time issue. There have been many kids that have gone to UNC and Duke and ended up being recruited over. Now that Carolina is open to taking grad transfers and transfers it makes it an even tougher decision when you know they already recruited a guy they really like ahead of You ( Caleb Love).
UNC Grad MU Fan

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #21287 on: October 15, 2019, 08:26:07 PM »
The staff is trying hard. We lose out to UNC then so be it. No shame in that.

Trying hard no matta at this level, it’s about results, hey?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #21288 on: October 15, 2019, 08:35:15 PM »
If you keep suckin the Cristal bowels, how many slurps will you accumulate?

#MarketingTool
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21289 on: October 15, 2019, 08:45:23 PM »
Crystal Ball is clearly gospel. Which means he'll play 2 years at Marquette, transfer to UNC, then grad transfer to Pitt since it's 50%/25%/25%.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #21290 on: October 15, 2019, 09:09:33 PM »
Crystal Ball is clearly gospel. Which means he'll play 2 years at Marquette, transfer to UNC, then grad transfer to Pitt since it's 50%/25%/25%.

👏👏👏

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #21291 on: October 15, 2019, 10:12:06 PM »

Do not like

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21292 on: October 15, 2019, 10:30:38 PM »

Shockin', hey?

Congratulations, Doc! Just what you were hoping for.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #21293 on: October 15, 2019, 10:48:58 PM »
Here's hoping for a nice visit by Bryce Thompson.  Maybe Roy can turn his head.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21294 on: October 16, 2019, 03:51:52 AM »
Congratulations, Doc! Just what you were hoping for.

Nah, but pretty much what logic tells you would happen. Kids want the surest route to the Association. Therefore, go with a winner, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #21295 on: October 16, 2019, 07:03:13 AM »
Bryce Thompson wraps up his visits this weekend at Oklahoma. He will make a decision the following week or so (according to Bryce Thompson).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21296 on: October 16, 2019, 07:49:01 AM »

Nah, but pretty much what logic tells you would happen. Kids want the surest route to the Association. Therefore, go with a winner, aina?

Enjoy. Maybe have a couple of beers and toast "another failure" by Wojo. You've earned it!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21297 on: October 16, 2019, 07:50:29 AM »
Bryce Thompson wraps up his visits this weekend at Oklahoma. He will make a decision the following week or so (according to Bryce Thompson).

Think he probably stays home and goes to Oklahoma, but, if he does choose Carolina, hopefully that's enough to dissuade RJ.

In reading the article about him after his Carolina visit, and reading things their insiders are saying, it does kind of seem like he wants Carolina, but he's concerned about playing time. That's just my opinion.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #21298 on: October 16, 2019, 07:53:07 AM »
Think he probably stays home and goes to Oklahoma, but, if he does choose Carolina, hopefully that's enough to dissuade RJ.

In reading the article about him after his Carolina visit, and reading things their insiders are saying, it does kind of seem like he wants Carolina, but he's concerned about playing time. That's just my opinion.

We'll see. He's being actively recruited by Caleb Love with a plan of playing together. Many of these things will shake out in the next week or two.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #21299 on: October 16, 2019, 07:54:01 AM »

But is UNC his best route to the NBA?  I'm not sure that's the case.

It is a bigger college program than Marquette though.  And that might mean something.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback