[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8429323 times)

Viper

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 4/15/21
« Reply #29100 on: May 02, 2021, 08:35:43 AM »
That’s true. Like Sam and Virginia winning the ACC. 

Also, Joey playing on a team that  knocked off three top 5 teams late season and played their way into the tournament, lost in OT to an eventual Final Four team, and not getting run out of the gym in an NCAA game.

I know these aren’t  spectacular accomplishments (major conference regular season champion is damn good for any program though), but that’s still way beyond what Wojo proved capable of.

So yeah, in just one season out from under incompetent coaching, they did more in team success than Wojo could have possibly delivered.
solid

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #29101 on: May 02, 2021, 08:40:19 AM »
solid

Not really.  Bragging about Joey losing in the play in round of the NCAA tournament and Sam playing for an underperforming UVA team is hardly "solid."

I mean it was clear that Wojo wasn't a good coach, but let's not exaggerate the seasons either of them had because I think both of them would label them as "disappointing."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #29102 on: May 02, 2021, 08:42:28 AM »
I think the Hausers leaving MU showed a number of things.  First, Wojo isn't a great coach.  Second, Sam is a decent but not great player.  Third, Joey is overrated.

It proved Wojo isn’t a “great” coach?!? So, what, it proved he’s merely very good, pretty good, the next level below the elite coaches, etc.?  No, he was completely in over his head and incompetent.  We all saw the absolute sh!t shows his teams devolved to year in and year out.  And it was apparent before the Hausers transferred too for any fair minded observer. 

“Decent” players do not average 16 a game in Bennett’s restrictive offensive system, and earn first team all ACC.  I’m not saying he is great either, but any program in America would have happily taken Sam and he would have been a major piece of their roster from day one as he was with Virginia. You’d have been hard pressed to find many better pure shooters anywhere in college than him. I know that was some nerve he showed leaving your alma mater though, so I see where your label comes from.

I’m open that Joey may prove to be overrated, but it will take more than one season following a transfer, where struggles are not uncommon, to convince me. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #29103 on: May 02, 2021, 08:50:22 AM »
It proved Wojo isn’t a “great” coach?!? So, what, it proved he’s merely very good, pretty good, the next level below the elite coaches, etc.?  No, he was completely in over his head and incompetent.  We all saw the absolute sh!t shows his teams devolved to year in and year out.  And it was apparent before the Hausers transferred too for any fair minded observer. 

“Decent” players do not average 16 a game in Bennett’s restrictive offensive system, and earn first team all ACC.  I’m not saying he is great either, but any program in America would have happily taken Sam and he would have been a major piece of their roster from day one as he was with Virginia. You’d have been hard pressed to find many better pure shooters anywhere in college than him. I know that was some nerve he showed leaving your alma mater though, so I see where your label comes from.

I’m open that Joey may prove to be overrated, but it will take more than one season following a transfer, where struggles are not uncommon, to convince me.

Joey was rated as high as 16 before his broken foot his senior year. Any way you slice it he was overrated.
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #29104 on: May 02, 2021, 08:50:43 AM »

I don't really care much any longer.  I have moved on to a brighter Marquette future.  So if it makes you feel good to exaggerate the Hauser story, go ahead.  I just hope you realize that they don't love you as much as you love them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #29105 on: May 02, 2021, 08:51:28 AM »
Not really.  Bragging about Joey losing in the play in round of the NCAA tournament and Sam playing for an underperforming UVA team is hardly "solid."

I mean it was clear that Wojo wasn't a good coach, but let's not exaggerate the seasons either of them had because I think both of them would label them as "disappointing."

You and BLM of course cannot be honest enough to acknowledge a conference championship for Virginia, that I wasn’t “bragging” their NCAA loss, and ignoring other points I made that they both did in fact experience successes that were the antithesis of Wojo teams. 

I know the bar was so low under Wojo that a close NCAA loss can be considered an accomplishment, but there you have it folks.

• All American
« Reply #29106 on: May 02, 2021, 08:51:39 AM »
Joey was rated as high as 16 before his broken foot his senior year. Any way you slice it he was overrated.

I hope Hutch wasn't staring longingly at his poster of Joey when he read your post.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29107 on: May 02, 2021, 08:51:42 AM »
Sam Hauser was the only player named to both the preseason and postseason ACC First Team and did so for the league champions. It's amazing to me that people need to throw shade at him.

Joey didn't meet the hype he had coming out, but Sam met it, exceeded it, lapped it, and lapped it again. He was a really good college player
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

• All American
« Reply #29108 on: May 02, 2021, 08:53:09 AM »
You are right brew.  I should not have called Sam merely "decent." 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #29109 on: May 02, 2021, 08:59:34 AM »
Me: "Oooo, I wonder what recruiting news there is this morning."

*Opens thread*

"Oh no."

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #29110 on: May 02, 2021, 09:03:14 AM »

I don't really care much any longer.  I have moved on to a brighter Marquette future.  So if it makes you feel good to exaggerate the Hauser story, go ahead.  I just hope you realize that they don't love you as much as you love them.

I could really care less about them. But supposedly grown men who can’t get past two college players deciding they don’t want to be coached anymore by someone who’s incompetent and then deciding to play for two of the very best, while using every opportunity that presents itself to smear and exaggerate or just make up crap how a first team all ACC guy was merely decent, yeah, that really irks me. 

Lenny pointed out the hypocrisy very well of how guys leaving the program of their own free will are treated here.  It’s pathetic and truly character revealing.

Good goal post adjustment with what I was attempting to discuss however. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #29111 on: May 02, 2021, 09:08:14 AM »
Me: "Oooo, I wonder what recruiting news there is this morning."

*Opens thread*

"Oh no."
Exactly. The Hausers? Awesome.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29112 on: May 02, 2021, 09:08:32 AM »
Nobody is saying Joey or Sam aren’t good players. But people are pretending they had this wild success and really improved greatly as players once they left Marquette. The reality is one of them finished a single spot higher in the conference standings than they did at Marquette, and neither improved the chances of getting drafted. Both also ended up contributing to the worst defense in their respective programs in over a decade.

The reality is the Hausers did no better at UVA or MSU than they did at MU. The narrative that they were so smart to get out of MU just doesn’t meet reality.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #29113 on: May 02, 2021, 09:15:08 AM »
I could really care less about them. But supposedly grown men who can’t get past two college players deciding they don’t want to be coached anymore by someone who’s incompetent and then deciding to play for two of the very best, while using every opportunity that presents itself to smear and exaggerate or just make up crap how a first team all ACC guy was merely decent, yeah, that really irks me. 

Lenny pointed out the hypocrisy very well of how guys leaving the program of their own free will are treated here.  It’s pathetic and truly character revealing.

Outside of making fun of Joey eating Ja's nuts, I really haven't said anything about them.  I really stopped caring about them a long time ago.  But you exaggerating their success isn't really helpful either.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #29114 on: May 02, 2021, 09:15:19 AM »

Hey do not disagree with Fluffy
 After all his opinion is all that matters. Ask him, he will tell you
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #29115 on: May 02, 2021, 09:19:17 AM »
Blojoes and in the closet with it, huh?
As usual Uncle you missed the point. Some blojoes still do not recognize the disaster that Wojo-Dukiet was at MU.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

• All American
« Reply #29116 on: May 02, 2021, 09:21:22 AM »
As usual Uncle you missed the point. Some blojoes still do not recognize the disaster that Wojo-Dukiet was at MU.

Most people have moved on.  Why can't you?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #29117 on: May 02, 2021, 09:39:10 AM »

No, I got the point.  Not sure what it has to do with recruiting but I appreciate your fascination with closets and bjs
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #29118 on: May 02, 2021, 10:00:15 AM »
Anyway.

JTJ3

• Team Captain
« Reply #29119 on: May 02, 2021, 10:28:58 AM »
Leon Bond going off again this weekend.  Would be an awesome way for shaka to start off 2022.

(I apologize for posting about recruiting)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29120 on: May 02, 2021, 10:31:31 AM »
Bond.   Shaka'n, not stirred. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #29121 on: May 02, 2021, 11:45:30 AM »
Leon Bond going off again this weekend.  Would be an awesome way for shaka to start off 2022.

(I apologize for posting about recruiting)
Where?

JTJ3

• Team Captain
« Reply #29122 on: May 02, 2021, 12:26:23 PM »
Where?
Spiece Run n Slam is this weekend.  One of the bigger spring aau weekends each year.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #29123 on: May 02, 2021, 12:33:36 PM »
I think the Hausers leaving MU showed a number of things.  First, Wojo isn't a great coach.  Second, Sam is a decent but not great player.  Third, Joey is overrated.

Yep, Occam Razor
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #29124 on: May 02, 2021, 12:59:30 PM »

Yes, you could care less about the Hausers, so you post on and on because....
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.