[Today at 11:19:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 10:47:01 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BULLS-BUCKS  (Read 54569 times)

g0lden3agle

• All American
Re: BULLS-BUCKS
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »
I could do without this kind of crap from Butler though:
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/27/8506155/jimmy-butler-locks-down-giannis-antetokounmpo-then-taunts-him

(That's something LeBrick would do.)

Then he goes and flops against Juice:
http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/teams/bucks/2015/04/27/giannisantetokounmpowiththerejec-3584708

(Again, something LeBrick would do.)

And then Giannis gets the last laugh in crunch time:
http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/teams/bucks/2015/04/27/giannisantetokounmpowiththerejec-3584708

(At least he didn't jump around, whine, and scream as if he got fouled like LeBrick would've.)

FYI link 2 = link 3

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2015, 11:04:54 AM »
So how do you know there wasn't anything that preceded his reaction?  I've watched Butler for 4 years now.  He does not talk often nor does he flop.   

Honestly, your bias is ridiculous. 

I love when people say "he doesn't talk trash" or "he doesn't flop" or "that's not me" when they do something stupid. He did talk trash, he did flop, and when people do something stupid it is them. I'm not saying this defines Jimmy Butler. I'm saying as a fan of his I could do without that stuff. But denying he does that, well, as Chuck Woodson famously said about Jay Cutler, "The proof is in the pudding."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »
FYI link 2 = link 3

Hmm, thanks. I'll try to fix that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2015, 11:07:57 AM »
Hmm, thanks. I'll try to fix that.

Here's the flop. Hopefully the link is the right one this time.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/2015/04/27/2ptsMadebyOJMayomp4-3584630/

But apparently it's just my ridiculous bias and Jimmy doesn't flop. That's not a flop I guess  ::)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
Can't we all just agree that wadesworld has a "meatball fan" streak in him that generally comes out particularly strong when Chicago sports teams are involved?

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2015, 11:18:50 AM »
Here's the flop. Hopefully the link is the right one this time.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/2015/04/27/2ptsMadebyOJMayomp4-3584630/

But apparently it's just my ridiculous bias and Jimmy doesn't flop. That's not a flop I guess  ::)

If plays like that get you going I'm not sure how you make it through a full game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
All players flop.  All players talk trash.  Both are part of the game.  To criticize Butler (or any player) for doing either is silly. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »
Can't we all just agree that wadesworld has a "meatball fan" streak in him that generally comes out particularly strong when Chicago sports teams are involved?

Signed,

PTM

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2015, 11:24:34 AM »
All players flop.  All players talk trash.  Both are part of the game.  To criticize Butler (or any player) for doing either is silly.  

Just saying I personally could do without it.  Guess people here can't have an opinion about what kind of players they like.  Sure, maybe all players flop or talk trash, but do you think anybody on the Spurs are going to follow Blake Griffin down the court telling him to be strong with the ball after an unforced turnover?  I have my doubts, but hey, maybe.  Never said it made him a douche, never said it made him a b!tch, never said he's an assclown, never said I can't stand the guy because of it.  Just said I could do without it.  And, well, I can do without it, personally.  Doesn't make me right, doesn't make me wrong.  Just makes me have an opinion.  Shucks.  Meatball fan for it?  Sure.  I'm a meatball fan.

If plays like that get you going I'm not sure how you make it through a full game.

Gets me going?  Just think it's funny that he tells a player to be stronger with the ball and then he goes and takes a dive.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:27:38 AM by wadesworld »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2015, 11:31:09 AM »
I could do without this kind of crap from Butler though:
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/27/8506155/jimmy-butler-locks-down-giannis-antetokounmpo-then-taunts-him

(That's something LeBrick would do.)

Then he goes and flops against Juice:

(Again, something LeBrick would do.)

And then Giannis gets the last laugh in crunch time:

(At least he didn't jump around, whine, and scream as if he got fouled like LeBrick would've.)

wade, your wrong about the Greek taunting thing.  That was 100% calculated by Jimmy to try to get a 20 year old kid off his game using every tactic, fair and unfair.  Jason Kidd responded beautifully and got Juice into the game as the veteran wherein both Jimmy and Juice immediately went at it full throttle.  That was until the double T where the ref was essentially saying 'enough boys'.  It was high playoff drama.  Fantastic.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »

+1

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2015, 12:00:14 PM »
All good.  It only took Bears fans 6 years to realize that it wasn't my "meatball fandom bias" saying Jay Cutler sucked at football, but that Jay Cutler does, in fact, suck at football.  Maybe you guys will see in 6 years  :-*

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2015, 12:45:30 PM »
I love when people say "he doesn't talk trash" or "he doesn't flop" or "that's not me" when they do something stupid. He did talk trash, he did flop, and when people do something stupid it is them. I'm not saying this defines Jimmy Butler. I'm saying as a fan of his I could do without that stuff. But denying he does that, well, as Chuck Woodson famously said about Jay Cutler, "The proof is in the pudding."

I said he does not talk often.  I suppose I could have added "often" after my comment on flopping as well.  Most players talk a bit at some point and most players flop to try to pick up a call.  Both talking trash and flopping are exceedingly rare for Butler and you framed it like he is a flopping, whining, trash-taking crybaby like LeBron.  Perhaps that wasn't your intent but it sure was the impression that I got.  And if it was your intent you're wrong. 

Also, your insistence on continuing to bring up Cutler is bizarre.  Because you correctly claimed that he sucked (which isn't much of an accomplishment) doesn't validate your other opinions. 

Also, you are pretty biased and it is clear to most everyone but yourself.  I get being a homer at times but there's a fine line where you lose objectivity. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »
Just saying I personally could do without it.  Guess people here can't have an opinion about what kind of players they like.  Sure, maybe all players flop or talk trash, but do you think anybody on the Spurs are going to follow Blake Griffin down the court telling him to be strong with the ball after an unforced turnover? 

You don't think the Spurs trash talk?  LOL.

Watch them more.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »
wade, your wrong about the Greek taunting thing.  That was 100% calculated by Jimmy to try to get a 20 year old kid off his game using every tactic, fair and unfair.  Jason Kidd responded beautifully and got Juice into the game as the veteran wherein both Jimmy and Juice immediately went at it full throttle.  That was until the double T where the ref was essentially saying 'enough boys'.  It was high playoff drama.  Fantastic.

Exactly.  That is exactly what I mean when I say it is part of the game - especially in the playoffs.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »

Signed

Bagpipingboxer

Maigh Eo for Sam

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2015, 09:06:26 AM »
All good.  It only took Bears fans 6 years to realize that it wasn't my "meatball fandom bias" saying Jay Cutler sucked at football, but that Jay Cutler does, in fact, suck at football.  Maybe you guys will see in 6 years  :-*

Yet, Jay Cutler is better at football than any of us are at our jobs.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2015, 09:11:50 AM »
Yet, Jay Cutler is better at football than any of us are at our jobs.

what?? and you know this how?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2015, 09:16:33 AM »

People who use the term “meatball fan” that they heard from 2  local sports radio hosts are (in my opinion), themselves “Meatball fans”.  Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t make them a meatball fan. That’s too convenient and might I add arrogant.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2015, 09:37:29 AM »
what?? and you know this how?

Even if you don't like Cutler, he is still one of the top 50 guys in the world at his job (QB).  I think I am great at my job.  But one of the best 50 in the world?  Not so sure about that (the fact that I am responding to this email during a boring teleconference might be enough to knock me out of the top 50).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:39:00 AM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2015, 09:41:53 AM »
Cutler love may be a good test of Chicago meatball fandom.  For the Wisconsin fan it's Ryan Braun.  Are you still defending these guys?  If so you have been identified.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »
I really hope Jimmy can come to the BBQ this summer.  I'm pretty sure he'd have very good things to say about the Bucks and how happy he is that MKE has something to cheer about.  None of this is personal.  It's simply competition at the highest level.  Looking forward to Chapter 6 tonight.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2015, 09:45:46 AM »
Cutler love may be a good test of Chicago meatball fandom.  For the Wisconsin fan it's Ryan Braun.  Are you still defending these guys?  If so you have been identified.

Chicago has it good.  Probably only have to pay Cutler for one more year.  Unfortunately, the Crew is stuck with Braun for 5 long years.  If he was knowingly juicing when he signed that contract it's unforgivable.  Baseball's smallest market simply can't afford that kind of handicap.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »
Even if you don't like Cutler, he is still one of the top 50 guys in the world at his job (QB).  I think I am great at my job.  But one of the best 50 in the world?  Not so sure about that (the fact that I am responding to this email during a boring teleconference might be enough to knock me out of the top 50).

Yes, except it is really not a fair analogy. A better analogy would be, assume Jay Cutler is in the bottom 60% (for example) of NFL QBs. Do you consider yourself in the bottom 60% of your chosen profession?  Well maybe now that you responding during teleconference.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:02:29 AM by hairy worthen »

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2015, 09:54:15 AM »

I'm a Brewer fan since 1970. Braun sucks, I hate him, hope he does well enough so they can trade his ass off somewhere. When he helps the team win, like yesterday, I feel dirty.