[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BULLS-BUCKS  (Read 54437 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: BULLS-BUCKS
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2015, 01:03:03 PM »
hysterical that some people here are complaining about the refs in this series.  i believe somebody in this thread was called a meatball fan for saying that unlike in the bucks series where the bulls got every call, the cavs (specifically LeBron) would be getting the calls their way against the bulls.  now bulls fans are crying over it and that poster has been gone since before the bucks/bulls ended their series.

You believe it was the correct call to eject Taj Gibson last night?

And I don't think a single person here has claimed the refs cost anyone the game for the Bulls.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2015, 01:14:04 PM »
Next years Bulls team will be different, but some of the answers may be on their bench. Mirotic is getting totally inconsistent minutes (this will change) and I will wager both Paxson and Heard believe the way Thibs is letting McDermott rot on the bench is some kind of asinine statement against rookies. Jimmy hardly played as a rookie. Noah will also be healthier next year.

I honestly believe a big problem on this Bulls team is Rose. He's just not an effective scorer, yet he seems to think he's a "go to" guy. Hopefully, somebody can drum into him that, with his skill set, he'd be much more effective as an occasional scorer who sets up his teammates more often. He can't shoot and makes really bad decisions on important, late game possessions. He is very frustrating to watch.

That's a tough one.  I think it's hard to say that he's a problem.  Clearly you're a better team with him, but certainly the way he is allowed to play is troubling a lot of the time.   Thibs is the one calling timeouts and then just letting him dribble out the clock when there are still 4 minutes left in the game.

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2015, 01:55:41 PM »
hysterical that some people here are complaining about the refs in this series.  i believe somebody in this thread was called a meatball fan for saying that unlike in the bucks series where the bulls got every call, the cavs (specifically LeBron) would be getting the calls their way against the bulls.  now bulls fans are crying over it and that poster has been gone since before the bucks/bulls ended their series.

There's no way to justify ejecting Taj for that play. It should have been a double T if anything.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #278 on: May 14, 2015, 09:21:51 PM »
Absolutely embarrassing, pathetic.

You could always count on the Bulls to at least play hard, this team tonight didn't come close.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #279 on: May 14, 2015, 09:26:52 PM »
sometimes you just get flat out beat.

now the more important question is with the salary cap set to skyrocket after next season, does that mean that the max contract allowed to a player will skyrocket after next season as well?  if so, would it be smart for butler to re-up with the bulls for 1 year?  if he did that is he an unrestricted free agent after next season or still restricted?

brandx

« Reply #280 on: May 14, 2015, 10:00:10 PM »
Absolutely embarrassing, pathetic.

You could always count on the Bulls to at least play hard, this team tonight didn't come close.

You may be right. James, Irving, and Love scored a total of 21 points and the Cavs still won easily.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #281 on: May 14, 2015, 11:00:22 PM »

You may be right. James, Irving, and Love scored a total of 21 points and the Cavs still won easily.

Hey, you can't stop Matthew Dellavedova ... you can only hope to contain him.

And they couldn't!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #282 on: May 15, 2015, 03:43:55 AM »
Solid points, I agree. With Thibs gone, Mirotic role will only increase.

This season has been basically a complete waste for McDermott. Gets hurt and then can't break into the rotation. I'm not sold on McDermott becoming an impact player, but a new coach should offer a fresh start.

McFlopper has not shown anything that he deserves to play. I hope he continues to rot on the bench and this is coming from a Bulls fan.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #283 on: May 15, 2015, 06:47:12 AM »
McFlopper has not shown anything that he deserves to play. I hope he continues to rot on the bench and this is coming from a Bulls fan.

We'll see.  Thibs hates rookies and McD was hurt much of the year.  A new coach and a new year will be good for him.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #284 on: May 15, 2015, 08:22:02 AM »

now the more important question is with the salary cap set to skyrocket after next season, does that mean that the max contract allowed to a player will skyrocket after next season as well?  if so, would it be smart for butler to re-up with the bulls for 1 year?  if he did that is he an unrestricted free agent after next season or still restricted?

That's a dangerous game to play, as I don't think JFB's stock could be any higher than it is right now. I am not smart enough to know the answer to the second part of your question.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #285 on: May 15, 2015, 08:29:51 AM »

That's a dangerous game to play, as I don't think JFB's stock could be any higher than it is right now.

I would tend to agree with that.  Jimmy bet on himself last summer and won big.  He's in position to cash in his winnings right now and be pretty much set for life.  No need to get greedy.  History is full of stories of guys who made one bet too many.  If you're already set (like Lebron and some other veterans), it might make sense to go with a short term deal in order to take advantage of the new cap.  But right now, I think  Jimmy should just secure the big contract.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #286 on: May 15, 2015, 10:06:55 AM »

As another Bulls fan I totally disagree.  I have no idea what he'll be, and even if the answer is "a complete bust", you have to try considering what they gave up to move up for him.   You really can't get better if you never play though, and given the still sorry state of the east, you're not going to need to claw for every W to get into the playoffs.

I'll be really interested to see what they can get for Thibs.  Doc was a first rounder.  Kidd was 2 second rounders.   Thibs falls somewhere in between that....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #287 on: May 15, 2015, 10:09:24 AM »
As another Bulls fan I totally disagree.  I have no idea what he'll be, and even if the answer is "a complete bust", you have to try considering what they gave up to move up for him.   You really can't get better if you never play though, and given the still sorry state of the east, you're not going to need to claw for every W to get into the playoffs.

I'll be really interested to see what they can get for Thibs.  Doc was a first rounder.  Kidd was 2 second rounders.   Thibs falls somewhere in between that....

Second round at best.  Everybody knows that the Bulls don't want him.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #288 on: May 15, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »

Second round at best.  Everybody knows that the Bulls don't want him.

It's more that other teams want him. Market is hot for Thibs (Orlando, New Orleans, Cleveland). Demand here will dictate the price, more so than the Bulls willingness to part ways.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2015, 10:32:11 AM »
It's more that other teams want him. Market is hot for Thibs (Orlando, New Orleans, Cleveland). Demand here will dictate the price, more so than the Bulls willingness to part ways.

I forgot that the Pelicans fired Williams so I thought that Orlando was the only one who would be interested.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2015, 10:56:33 AM »

I forgot that the Pelicans fired Williams so I thought that Orlando was the only one who would be interested.

A baffling move in my opinion.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2015, 12:10:15 PM »

now the more important question is with the salary cap set to skyrocket after next season, does that mean that the max contract allowed to a player will skyrocket after next season as well?  if so, would it be smart for butler to re-up with the bulls for 1 year?  if he did that is he an unrestricted free agent after next season or still restricted?

Max contracts will go up when the cap goes up because they are based on a percentage of the salary cap.

The Bulls can make Jimmy a 1-year qualifying offer (in Jimmy's case around $4.5) which would make him a restricted free agent. If he signs that deal, he plays on a 1-year, $4.5M deal and becomes an unrestricted free agent after next season (Greg Monroe did that with Detroit this season). If he does not sign it, he's free to sign an offer sheet with any team that the Bulls have the option of matching. If the Bulls don't extend a qualifying offer (highly unlikely), he'd become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2015, 03:25:18 PM »
Max contracts will go up when the cap goes up because they are based on a percentage of the salary cap.

The Bulls can make Jimmy a 1-year qualifying offer (in Jimmy's case around $4.5) which would make him a restricted free agent. If he signs that deal, he plays on a 1-year, $4.5M deal and becomes an unrestricted free agent after next season (Greg Monroe did that with Detroit this season). If he does not sign it, he's free to sign an offer sheet with any team that the Bulls have the option of matching. If the Bulls don't extend a qualifying offer (highly unlikely), he'd become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

I will be absolutely stunned if Jimmy does not sign a long-term extension with the Bulls, whether it be them offering him a max or near-max deal or matching an offer sheet from another team. 

feedback