collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: President's Budget Eliminates Donation Expense for Tix  (Read 50607 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: President's Budget Eliminates Donation Expense for Tix
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2015, 02:39:09 PM »
I'll agree to disagree on the first part.

I won't.  You know those stickers we used to put on phones that said "In Case of Emergency, Dial 911"... evidently the chiefs of state around the world still have them, only instead of 911, it says '202.'

Immediately after the Charlie Hedbo attacks, guess who Hollande was on the phone with:

"Hello. Operateur.... vite! Donner-moi le nombre pour deux-zero-deux?"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:40:53 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »
I'll agree to disagree on the first part.

As to the second part.....the JSF begs to differ

The JSF is a nightmare.  My company makes parts for it.  It was supposed to be the model for developing new aircraft and that didn't happen.  See last months article from The Atlantic on it.  I knew some things then read that.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2015, 06:51:03 PM »
The JSF is a nightmare.  My company makes parts for it.  It was supposed to be the model for developing new aircraft and that didn't happen.  See last months article from The Atlantic on it.  I knew some things then read that.

It's completely insane and what's worse, completely predictable.  Anybody that knew anything about the Aardvark boondoggle could see this coming from a mile away.

BOHICA
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2015, 01:14:29 PM »
Projection of power and being able to sustain it.  The Air Force can operate from the US but it's not sustainable so you have to have localized air bases.  A lot of places we can't get an air base in range so Navy has to do the job.

World has decided we are the police(whether they admit it or not) so we have to have the power to project globally.

Imagine....a lib wanting to cut the military....keep quoting brand....is brings me laughter.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2015, 11:25:02 PM »
Interesting today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/11395516/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

That's the problem with the whole global warming thing... The people getting paid to study global warming are only being paid to study global warming if the globe is actually warming.  If these guys came back and said, "nope, everything looks natural and cyclical," guess what happens to their grant money.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2015, 08:45:08 AM »
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2015/02/10/global_warming_adjusting_temperature_measurements.html?wpisrc=burger_bar

The premise of his claims I don't understand.  The claim isn't that things are warming, the claim is that the data has been restated to make it appear worse than it is.  So his second claim in the article is odd.  I love the claim he makes about "independent" Berkeley Earth....but whatever.

The issue is they are making adjustments to some data points going back to the early 1900's to adjust for what they believe are anomolies, etc.  That begs the questions of how much of a change, why the change, who decides the change and impact?  This gets back to my argument about sharing the data, the models and the transparency within....which is completely lacking.

On a side note, we have a temperature station in our town that is used to collect data.  It is literally right next to the sidewalk and about 8 feet from a major 4 lane (each way) road.  The amount of heat that comes off the asphalt and concrete is amazing....when they resurface the streets around here, it is truly amazing.  These are the kinds of things that cause a lot of people pause about the collection, potential manipulation, etc.  Climate is complex as hell.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
http://www.theindychannel.com/newsy/noted-climate-change-skeptic-took-corporate-payouts

OMG.  Noted scientists get grants to continue research all the time, from far left wing groups.  Goes both ways.  Not surprising at all.  Money money money money. 

feedback