'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:20:49 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak Taking Online Classes  (Read 32190 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Noskowiak Taking Online Classes
« on: January 19, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »
Looks like Noskowiak has left Sun Prairie all together....hope it helps get things straightened out!  Tough break for the kid and his team to have to deal with this.

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Noskowiak Taking Online Classes
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 02:00:33 PM »
I hope he gets everything straightened out and most importantly, gets healthy. These kids are in the spotlight 24/7 and I can only imagine how difficult it can be to have that sort of focus on you at all times.

I hope he does what is best for him, even if that means a red shirt at Marquette or even a deferral.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »
Can we accept recruits that graduate from correspondence schools.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 02:39:32 PM »
Good luck to Nick - maybe Heldt can visit since they're a short drive away now.

On a tangent, has MU stopped pretending that the whole internet fad is going to come to an end and acknowledged online learning yet?  When I was at MU not too long ago they had no online courses and at least the CoB didn't allow any online courses (even non-business) to transfer for credit either.  Meanwhile, scores of other very reputable schools managed to build out strong online offerings and secure additional revenue streams.  From a search, I've found a fairly lackluster College of Education page that acknowledges they now offer online courses, but that's about all.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 02:42:50 PM »
Is "correspondence schools" a shot or do you fart dust?  Just asking.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 03:00:42 PM »
Good luck, Nick.   Take care of yourself.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 03:14:40 PM »

On a tangent, has MU stopped pretending that the whole internet fad is going to come to an end and acknowledged online learning yet?  When I was at MU not too long ago they had no online courses and at least the CoB didn't allow any online courses (even non-business) to transfer for credit either.  Meanwhile, scores of other very reputable schools managed to build out strong online offerings and secure additional revenue streams.  From a search, I've found a fairly lackluster College of Education page that acknowledges they now offer online courses, but that's about all.

I know Marquette accepts online classes from transfers from UW schools.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 03:23:39 PM »
Is "correspondence schools" a shot or do you fart dust?  Just asking.

I think I fart dust, but the question is confusing.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 04:14:54 PM »
This may muddy the waters in terms of his eligibility.  My guess is that, if MU still wants him, they will be instrumental in selecting the particular online courses he'll take.  Every HS has courses which meet the NCAA standard requirement for English, Math, etc (48-H form, I believe).  Such a young kid to be dealing with such issues.  Let's wish him success.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 04:49:13 PM »

Marquette wasn't accepting online credit for athletes.  This article came out last month.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/12/29/college-athletes-fixer-cheating-scheme

Connect the dots.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
I think I fart dust, but the question is confusing.
Poor attempt at humor.

I meant, on-line learning is becoming mainstream, not comparable to the old notion of correspondence class.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 08:08:18 PM »
So, 4 schollies available, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »
Thoughts and prayers with Nick.  Hope he figures everything out.  Bright future ahead of him.

Does mean he will likely not be enrolling at MU?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 08:23:09 PM »
Get well Nick.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 08:35:52 PM »
So, 4 schollies available, hey?

Yeah. That was my first thought. Be shocked if he ever makes it to Marquette. Hard to believe a kid with so much upside and talent could be depressed in high school. Too bad, hope he gets better.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 08:37:28 PM »

Marquette wasn't accepting online credit for athletes.  This article came out last month.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/12/29/college-athletes-fixer-cheating-scheme

Connect the dots.

I was certainly under the impression that Maymon took several online credits which counted for MU.  I don't see how online college credits wouldn't be accepted by a University.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 09:01:57 PM »
I remember the same thing about Maymon. Hopefully this change helps the healing process for him. I'd love for him to be in an MU jersey next year, but his health is obviously the number one priority.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 09:06:44 PM »
I was certainly under the impression that Maymon took several online credits which counted for MU.  I don't see how online college credits wouldn't be accepted by a University.

Marquette stopped taking online credits for athletes about three years ago.  Again, read the article and connect the dots.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 09:06:50 PM »
Very Bizzare, so hes not  coming or......

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 09:16:41 PM »
Yeah. That was my first thought. Be shocked if he ever makes it to Marquette. Hard to believe a kid with so much upside and talent could be depressed in high school. Too bad, hope he gets better.

Clinical depression has nothing to do with whether or not you have an amazing life.  It is basically a chemical imbalance in the brain.  Most of the people suffering from depression have very little to be depressed about.
Have some patience, FFS.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »

Marquette stopped taking online credits for athletes about three years ago.  Again, read the article and connect the dots.

I'm very very familiar with this article.  What I don't see is how a University could not accept online college credits from another University, and only for athletes.  Especially when on the transcripts most good Universities don't indicate whether it was online or a regular class.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 09:27:05 PM »
Clinical depression has nothing to do with whether or not you have an amazing life.  It is basically a chemical imbalance in the brain.  Most of the people suffering from depression have very little to be depressed about.

This

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »

Respectfully, your comment highlights why this disease is so misunderstood. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 09:35:48 PM »
I'm very very familiar with this article.  What I don't see is how a University could not accept online college credits from another University, and only for athletes.  Especially when on the transcripts most good Universities don't indicate whether it was online or a regular class.

The article mentions however that he is taking online high school classes. Nowhere does it state he's taking them through a university (unless I completely missed it). Either way, schools can pretty easily choose what they will and will not accept. I lost a decent amount of credits transferring to Marquette from the UW system, and MU specifically states they accept most UW credits.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback