'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nick Noskowiak Drops 29 Points @ Tournament Of Champions  (Read 24187 times)

VegasWarrior77

• All American
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MuMark

• All American
Re: Nick Noskowiak Drops 29 Points @ Tournament Of Champions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  7m7 minutes ago
Marquette recruit Nick  Noskowiak pours in 37 tonight to help Sun Prairie turn back Madison La Follette 66-61.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 09:32:51 PM »
The kid can shoot...!

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/453130-future-marquette-pg-nick-noskowiak-drops-29-points-tournament-of-champions
It looks like Nick has improved his shooting form quite a bit over the last year.  The kid is going to be a very nice addition to our program .

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  7m7 minutes ago
Marquette recruit Nick  Noskowiak pours in 37 tonight to help Sun Prairie turn back Madison La Follette 66-61.

Nice!

Matt Velazquez ‏@Matt_Velazquez  3m3 minutes ago
37 points tonight. Quite a gift. RT @NickNoskowiak: Did it for my momma man... happy birthday mom, love you more than anything...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:41:27 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 10:56:57 PM »
Nice form - looks more like a 2 guard than PG in my view.  Plays fairly erect.  Not a burner - seemed to have average quickness, not a lot of blow by speed. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 11:48:08 PM »
Nice form - looks more like a 2 guard than PG in my view.  Plays fairly erect.  Not a burner - seemed to have average quickness, not a lot of blow by speed. 

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we look forward to your 2 billion posts of completely rational analysis of his game.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 12:04:02 AM »
Plays fairly erect. 

Surprised you noticed...

Death on call

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 05:43:25 AM »
Geez, how fast do you expect him to run in that condition?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 07:32:45 AM »
The kid knocks down free throws with that condition too.....

That shot will be welcome next year. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 07:33:43 AM »

At his age he should play extremely erect. 

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 07:41:05 AM »

May explain why he does not have blow-by quickness.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »

Lol +1

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 08:15:58 AM »
I'm thinkin' it's the only way a playa plays, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 08:50:20 AM »
Surprised you noticed...

Geez, how fast do you expect him to run in that condition?

I'm thinkin' it's the only way a playa plays, aina?

Well done Scoopers.  Reminiscent of the Austin Grandstaff thread.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
I heard he was just happy to guard someone.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 09:28:59 AM »
If you look at his films last year his shot was more cockeyed.

He will gain strength and  speed when he gets in our training program.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 09:38:41 AM »
I think he'll probably end up playing more off the ball next year, like Diener did his frosh year. Although I've heard he is good at running an offense/controlling tempo so who knows. One thing is certain, the backcourt will be bombing with him and Duane on the court at the same time. Cohen has shown nice potential from deep too. Ellenson will have plenty of room to operate inside & out with what he'll be surrounded by. Next year can't get here soon enough!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
I think he'll probably end up playing more off the ball next year, like Diener did his frosh year. Although I've heard he is good at running an offense/controlling tempo so who knows. One thing is certain, the backcourt will be bombing with him and Duane on the court at the same time. Cohen has shown nice potential from deep too. Ellenson will have plenty of room to operate inside & out with what he'll be surrounded by. Next year can't get here soon enough!

That's a good point.  We'll be able to spread the floor very well for the first time in years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »
With Fischer/Heldt at the 5, there will be guys at every position that can step out and make shots. If the young guys can pick up on Wojo's offense, they're gonna be a bitch to guard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 10:16:20 AM »

Of course, MU had a pretty good veteran (senior) point guard in place when Diener arrived. That won't be the case next year, when Wojo's options at the point will be Du. Wilson - who so far seems more of a swing player than a one - John Dawson and Noskowiak. In fact, I think Nick's best chance for significant PT has to be at the point because Wojo will have so many options at the 2/3, i.e. Duane, JJJ, Cheatham, Sandy, Wally, Deonte, and not so many at the 1.

As for next year not coming soon enough .... I can wait. There will be lots of ups and downs this season, which will make it maddening at times, but also fun to watch Wojo grow as a coach and the team develop.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
Glad to see Nick tearing it up.   I have learned over the years that if the freshmen have an instant impact, it is gravy.    Having said that, I think that this class may have 3 impact freshmen.   But even then, will they start.   The only one that may start from day one is HEllenson.   To do so, he is going to have to beat out STjr, WEllenson, Deonte, Cohen for time up front.   I think he starts next to Fishcher.   Heldt will be a freshman, back up big.   I think STjr splits time backing up HEllenson and Luke.    A backcourt of Duane and JJJ is solid.   Haanif and NN will both be solid backups.   I think Dawson (assuming he stays) gets time backing up both spots.   I don't know what Wojo is thinking for the last schollie, but I would sure love to have a 1 year rental PG on the roster.    All in all, that will be a very young, very balanced roster.    The 'young' will be crucial.   Don't expect perfection early.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 10:28:01 AM »
Kids shot is smooth. I can see him being one of those players that other teams say "Hes only a junior?" he looks like he can be a pest.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »
Glad to see Nick tearing it up.   I have learned over the years that if the freshmen have an instant impact, it is gravy.    Having said that, I think that this class may have 3 impact freshmen.   But even then, will they start.   The only one that may start from day one is HEllenson.   To do so, he is going to have to beat out STjr, WEllenson, Deonte, Cohen for time up front.   I think he starts next to Fishcher.   Heldt will be a freshman, back up big.   I think STjr splits time backing up HEllenson and Luke.    A backcourt of Duane and JJJ is solid.   Haanif and NN will both be solid backups.   I think Dawson (assuming he stays) gets time backing up both spots.   I don't know what Wojo is thinking for the last schollie, but I would sure love to have a 1 year rental PG on the roster.    All in all, that will be a very young, very balanced roster.    The 'young' will be crucial.   Don't expect perfection early.  

A agree, a true point guard in spring, a graduate rent a year point guard would be nice.  That way he still can have 2 kids the following year, that makes total sense.  Needs to recruit a point
the following year anyway and probably a power forward for Taylor. 

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 11:06:09 AM »
Sun Prairie 66,

Madison La Follette 61
Senior guard Nick Noskowiak scored 37 points, including six 3-pointers, as the host Cardinals (2-0, 1-0) defeated the Lancers (0-1, 0-1).

Sun Prairie hit 23 of its 26 free throws, and Madison La Follette only attempted four free throws total.

Senior guard Quinten Shere finished with 19 points and Darold Thomas added 15 for the Lancers.

Madison La Follette 8 14 17 22 — 61

Sun Prairie 16 11 18 21 — 66

MADISON LA FOLLETTE — Shere 19, Thomas 15, O'Brien 3, Bartz 2, Green 9, McCree 13. Totals 23 4-4 61.

SUN PRAIRIE — Noskowiak 37, Robinson 9, Black 2, Ruffin 15, Verstegen 3. Totals 18 23-26 66.

3-point goals — MLF 11 (Shere 3, Thomas 3, O'Brien 1, Green 3, McCree 1), SP 7 (Noskowiak 6, Ruffin 1). Total fouls — MLF 20, SP 12.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/high-school/basketball/boys/prep-boys-basketball-justice-leads-madison-east-past-madison-memorial/article_ff365a05-df00-53b2-8ff3-664f159d72b2.html#ixzz3Kr5AjJSQ

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »
Wasn't expecting Noskowiak to be more than a backup G in his freshman season. If he keeps up this level of play all season, I may have to alter that expectation. Him and Duane bombing threes together could be a lethal combination
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.