Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: To the fans that stayed  (Read 11593 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
To the fans that stayed
« on: November 24, 2014, 10:30:59 PM »
Thank you for supporting the team. I had to tell some kids off earlier in but the crowd that did stay was pretty loud all things considered

Shark

• All American
Re: To the fans that stayed
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:32:37 PM »
Every win this season is going to be a good win.

Baby steps.

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:33:58 PM »
Why are you telling off kids in a crowd at a disappointing game for leaving early on a Monday night during a snowstorm with finals around the corner? Super confused.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:37:09 PM »
Why are you telling off kids in a crowd at a disappointing game for leaving early on a Monday night during a snowstorm with finals around the corner? Super confused.

Finals are  two weeks away.  Anyone who uses that excuse to leave the game 20 minutes early is full of crap.
Have some patience, FFS.

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »
Finals are  two weeks away.  Anyone who uses that excuse to leave the game 20 minutes early is full of crap.

Two weeks away with an exam this week in just about every class. Staying at a basketball game with a tiny crowd is a load of crap to many a college student. Get your priorities straight =/

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:47:26 PM »
Two weeks away with an exam this week in just about every class. Staying at a basketball game with a tiny crowd is a load of crap to many a college student. Get your priorities straight =/

Well, now you are changing the story.

And why are you spending time posting on Scoop when you obviously have studying to do?
Have some patience, FFS.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »

Seriously. Last I checked, students were in school to learn, not attend basketball games.

Get it together.

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 10:50:03 PM »
Well, now you are changing the story.

And why are you spending time posting on Scoop when you obviously have studying to do?
Whoever said I was struggling in my classes? I just asked why someone was harassing college students for not staying for an entire basketball game.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »
To clarify that's not why I was bitching at them. It was because they were cheering against MU players the entire night.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 11:05:28 PM »
Seriously. Last I checked, students were in school to learn, not attend basketball games.

Get it together.

So if you have studying to do, you go to the basketball game but leave 15 minutes early. Yep, lots of studying gets done in that 15 minutes. Please. The typical student probably needs the short break from studying more than he/she needs the studying.

Either stay home and study or be an effen Warrior.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 11:16:02 PM »
Props to the students who were there at the end. Was pretty loud on defensive possessions given the crowd size.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 11:18:54 PM »
Props to the students who were there at the end. Was pretty loud on defensive possessions given the crowd size.

Second that.  Impressive noise.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 12:37:49 AM »
The students were again outstanding. Nice job.  The Vestables, OTOH... That said, Freeway was in the Leine's Lounge watching MNF.  Gave him ZFB's mobile #.

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 12:42:29 AM »
Does anyone know what the actual attendance was at the game? 

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 01:06:13 AM »
1st congradulations to Marquette for winning.  Last thing we need is to discourage the team.  I do not know the circumstances of the small crowd, but I have to say the place looked empty on TV.  Hopefully just a combination of bad weather, thanksgiving, school study priorities, disinterest in opponent.   

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 01:13:25 AM »
All I'll say is that the student section was more full than the rest of the stadium...
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 07:23:40 AM »
I agree that the fans should stay. No question. But telling off strangers at a sporting event, while funny for everyone else, is a little embarrassing.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 07:51:54 AM »
So if you have studying to do, you go to the basketball game but leave 15 minutes early. Yep, lots of studying gets done in that 15 minutes. Please. The typical student probably needs the short break from studying more than he/she needs the studying.

Either stay home and study or be an effen Warrior.
+1

Don't use the "I've got finals coming up so I had to leave 15-20 minutes early" excuse as to why you left.  Man up and stay the whole game or don't go. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 07:57:09 AM »
+1

Don't use the "I've got finals coming up so I had to leave 15-20 minutes early" excuse as to why you left.  Man up and stay the whole game or don't go. 

Agreed. When I was at marquette you planned hw and studying around games or other social events. It's not that difficult.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 08:02:52 AM »
Before one of my intramural games at Helfaer 840 years ago, our PG said he couldn't play because he had to study for a test that wasn't going to be given for 2+ weeks. So I had to play PG -- and I most assuredly was not a PG. The results were not pretty.

A few days later, he was able to delay his studying for a couple hours to go to the effen movies.

Obviously, I've been scarred for life by this betrayal.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 08:52:47 AM »
I agree with others that leaving 15 minutes early to study for finals in two weeks is a cop out.

However, the student section did a lot better than the sweater vests did. So let's aim some of this at the alums rather than the students
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 08:55:12 AM »
Agreed. When I was at marquette you planned hw and studying around games or other social events. It's not that difficult.

I'd actually argue that's part of the point of college...figuring out how to prioritize and manage your life.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

reinko

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:05 AM »
Before one of my intramural games at Helfaer 840 years ago, our PG said he couldn't play because he had to study for a test that wasn't going to be given for 2+ weeks. So I had to play PG -- and I most assuredly was not a PG. The results were not pretty.

A few days later, he was able to delay his studying for a couple hours to go to the effen movies.

Obviously, I've been scarred for life by this betrayal.

Is this why you and Ners butt heads?  Because he had a Organic chem final back in 1980, and you never forgave him for it?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:10 AM »
I agree with others that leaving 15 minutes early to study for finals in two weeks is a cop out.

However, the student section did a lot better than the sweater vests did. So let's aim some of this at the alums rather than the students

I agree with this.  It's been a long time concern of mine, while I think the students in general are entitled....the alumni seem even more entitled.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »
I'd actually argue that's part of the point of college...figuring out how to prioritize and manage your life.

That's a good point. I guess some are ahead of the curve during college. Never found it too difficult to get studying/hw done prior to enjoying a few beverages before the game and then attending the games freshman-senior years. Although I will admit that I may have been one to occasionally get sidetracked at the bar and end up getting to the BC after the ball went into the air. Managing priorities is definitely learned during college though.

feedback