Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coaches luncheon - Chicago  (Read 30479 times)

Archies Bat

• All American
Re: Coaches luncheon - Chicago
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2014, 11:27:04 AM »
Cant believe I missed this. I just love how posters who usually dont post come out of the woodwork to rip on chick when she is one of the best posters here.

They probably want to endear themselves to Ms. Lada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2014, 11:29:52 AM »
Thanks, Chitown, and everyone else who said they appreciate my posts.   :-*

chick:

I think you are an excellent poster who, in this one instance, made an unnecessary personal attack on a person who was just doing her job.

I like to think I'm a decent poster but I know I have made some poor posts - probably many more poor posts than you have.

I'm glad you and Jen are cool, and I hope you will continue entertaining and enlightening us with your posts. You are a valuable contributor to Scoop.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2014, 11:59:47 AM »
chick:

I think you are an excellent poster who, in this one instance, made an unnecessary personal attack on a person who was just doing her job.

I like to think I'm a decent poster but I know I have made some poor posts - probably many more poor posts than you have.

I'm glad you and Jen are cool, and I hope you will continue entertaining and enlightening us with your posts. You are a valuable contributor to Scoop.

Thanks, 82.  I agree my personal attack was unnecessary.  Unfortunately, I hit the perfect storm of being in a crappy mood both at the time I attended the luncheon and at the time I made the post.

Feeling better now.   :)
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2014, 12:02:59 PM »
Thanks, 82.  I agree my personal attack was unnecessary.  Unfortunately, I hit the perfect storm of being in a crappy mood both at the time I attended the luncheon and at the time I made the post.

Feeling better now.   :)

You must have finally gotten that cocktail that you were denied at the lunch.   ;)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2014, 12:28:40 PM »
This site is no place for a cat fight. A dimly lit alley, in a hot, extraordinarily humid location with a mist falling that's just enough to dampen the light weight clothing...that's a place for a cat fight.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2014, 02:25:26 PM »
Thanks, Chitown, and everyone else who said they appreciate my posts.   :-*

I'm a fan of yours.  I don't think your intent was in the wrong place.  Adios' comments were classless

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
Cant believe I missed this. I just love how posters who usually dont post come out of the woodwork to rip on chick when she is one of the best posters here.

What can't you believe, that there are people who don't usually post that have opinions just as valid as yours? Or can you not believe that posters who don't usually post didn't appreciate the unnecessary personal attack on a high profile MU grad?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2014, 03:24:12 PM »
What can't you believe, that there are people who don't usually post that have opinions just as valid as yours? Or can you not believe that posters who don't usually post didn't appreciate the unnecessary personal attack on a high profile MU grad?

Well I was actualy referring to the entire thread when I said can't believe I missed it. Secondly people attack others all the time it's nothing new around here its just those people who sole purpose to post on this site is to berate others is what bothers me.

As chick said, her and Jen talked it out so nothing else to see here. In before the lock.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2014, 03:52:20 PM »

As chick said, her and Jen talked it out so nothing else to see here. In before the lock.
Just because Jen Lada accepted an apology for a misguided personal attack doesn't mean the entire episode doesn't reflect poorly on WarriorChick. Not only did she claim Lada was using the wrong name for a coach she actually knows personally, she then proceeded to complain about cost, food, acoustics...basically everything under the sun. She THEN graciously invited Jen Lada to search the site because other people have posted things about her that she deems worse than WC basically calling her a talentless hack.

Frankly, this is the most embarrassing bit of posting since Hoopaloop-gate only Chicos is a thousand times more interesting.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »
Frankly, this is the most embarrassing bit of posting since Hoopaloop-gate only Chicos is a thousand times more interesting.

Honestly, this thread barely made it past a 5 on my "embarrassing scoop thread" meter. I'd rather see shots at grown men and women than 18-22 year old kids.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2014, 04:21:52 PM »
A search of "Jen Lada" of Scoop yields only comments from this thread.  WC's comments, although misguided, hardly add up to a personal attack. Worse comments have been said about other professional journalists or commentators here.  Fact is, I hope MU paid Jen to MC her way through those vapid, contentless questions they handed her.  As i said, she did a great job I thought to keep it interesting.

That said, Jen and Chick are sexy not because of their appearance...nor that they are both prominent MU alums, but because they both talk sports.  Nothing better than Jen and Moon Mullins on Bears post game.  Or Chick and Glow on Bears vs. Packers.  I am fans of Chick and Jen.

As for the warm $8 beers at the luncheon...buy some ice for my money seat next to the bar.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2014, 05:27:41 PM »
A search of "Jen Lada" of Scoop yields only comments from this thread.

That just makes WC's invitation for Jen to perform a search even more catty.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2014, 07:16:08 PM »

+1

The one thing that I have gleaned from this thread, Having a previous engagement was not such a bad thing.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:39:25 PM by LittleEllenson »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
Wanted to share this picture from the Marquette Club of Chicago Coaches Luncheon.

Ring Out Ahoya.

We Are Marquette

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
You've gotta love message boards.  If Jen Lada is upset by WCs comments, think how some players must feel after reading this board.  Just a reminder that most here who are criticized (D Wilson cough cough) have the same passion as every other poster here... MU bball.  If you're gonna be an ahole especially when criticizing players, have the cajones to put your real name behind it.
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
The funny thing about this event is Wojo was back in MKE working by 3:30pm whereas Deane and KO may still be throwing them back at the Coq d'Or right now.
That just proves that Deane and KO had their priorities lined up correctly.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2015, 07:34:57 PM »
What a horribly inaccurate and ignorant depiction of my role at the event. Never once did I call Carolyn (who I actually know from Marquette) by the wrong name. Perhaps it was an acoustics issue that ALL of you (in the "cheap seats") were experiencing. But thank you for the benefit of the doubt. Feel free to ask Carolyn for further confirmation. My goodness.

In addition, the questions were submitted by those in attendance and alumni, selected and approved by the university's group overseeing the function and previewed by the coaches themselves. I can't imagine that such control would be a foreign concept to anyone in a professional environment. It was not the goal to ambush these coaches or make them feel uncomfortable with a pressing line of questioning. It was to introduce them to the Chicago fan base. As for those selected vs asked, I asked almost every question I was given. Including  their inquiries about Chicago.

If you didn't enjoy the event, fine. On behalf of the athletics department and those who put it together, I apologize. But  spreading lies & information without context isn't something I'd expect from a member of the Marquette community.

Jen Lada

So, you agree Doc's posts are the beveled nuanced insight of true genius, aina?

Death on call

feedback