'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coaches luncheon - Chicago  (Read 30462 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Coaches luncheon - Chicago
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »
What a horribly inaccurate and ignorant depiction of my role at the event. Never once did I call Carolyn (who I actually know from Marquette) by the wrong name. Perhaps it was an acoustics issue that ALL of you (in the "cheap seats") were experiencing. But thank you for the benefit of the doubt. Feel free to ask Carolyn for further confirmation. My goodness.

In addition, the questions were submitted by those in attendance and alumni, selected and approved by the university's group overseeing the function and previewed by the coaches themselves. I can't imagine that such control would be a foreign concept to anyone in a professional environment. It was not the goal to ambush these coaches or make them feel uncomfortable with a pressing line of questioning. It was to introduce them to the Chicago fan base. As for those selected vs asked, I asked almost every question I was given. Including  their inquiries about Chicago.

If you didn't enjoy the event, fine. On behalf of the athletics department and those who put it together, I apologize. But  spreading lies & information without context isn't something I'd expect from a member of the Marquette community.

Jen Lada

Ah, so it was *exactly* like I remember them being.  (Which is not a criticism in the least.  It's not a press conference.)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 01:15:53 PM »
Warriorchick...when you asked the people at your table about the alleged mispronunciation, were you at all aware that them nodding their heads while continuing to stare at Jen was indicative that you were being ignored?

PS: Change the venue because Warriorchick can't hear! Good grief!

A.  Two of the people who agreed with me were women
B.  If one attended the event to bask in Jen Lada's hotness (and I agree, she is a very attractive woman), you would have been sorely disappointed to be seated at my table, as you could hardly see her from there.
Have some patience, FFS.

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 01:27:31 PM »
The internet...where people can anonymously throw shots at someone while hiding behind cute little screen names.  Posters on this site never cease to amaze me.  Jen did a great job while in Milwaukee, and I'm sure she's doing great in Chicago.  But I'm sure Ellonsonchick would have done a much better job. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »
The internet...where people can anonymously throw shots at someone while hiding behind cute little screen names.  Posters on this site never cease to amaze me.  Jen did a great job while in Milwaukee, and I'm sure she's doing great in Chicago.  But I'm sure Ellonsonchick would have done a much better job. 

Irony is not lost on us....I think
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 01:33:48 PM »
  But I'm sure Ellonsonchick would have done a much better job. 

Based on this, I take it that you will never be posting anything critical about any of the coaches or basketball players this year.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
Based on this, I take it that you will never be posting anything critical about any of the coaches or basketball players this year.

Shouldn't it be ever?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 01:37:41 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

Atlanta Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 01:39:18 PM »
This thread is a perfect example of why this board has become (perhaps always was) a complete joke.  Ms. Lada's work stands on its own and certainly doesn't need to be validated by some of the vacuous posters who frequent this community.  I just don't understand why people need to engage in petty attacks and behave in a manner that not only doesn't bring credit to them but also reflects poorly on Marquette.  Presumably it's because everyone can hide behind the anonymity of a key board.  BTW lest I be called a hypocrite my name is Brian Mulligan, MU College of Journalism, Class of 1983 and you can follow me, on twitter, @MulliganMusings

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 01:41:21 PM »
Why can't we all be friends?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 01:44:07 PM »
This thread is amazing...and the sensitivity of some is quite comical
No Finish Line

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 01:46:40 PM »
A.  Two of the people who agreed with me were women
Hence your seats in the back.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 01:52:07 PM »

Calling a journalist out as unprepared when the real problem was on your end is not fair criticism. She was not responsible for a) the acoustics, b) your seating situation or c) the fact that you felt you couldn't have a drink.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 01:53:40 PM »
It's Kieger by the way, not "Krieger"

Seriously?  She kept referring to Carolyn Krieger as "Coach Peters".  I thought I wasn't hearing correctly (I was in the cheap seats), but other people at the table confirmed it.

Also, given that attendees had the opportunity to submit questions ahead of time, she asked the blandest, least insightful questions ever.  I didn't hear any answers from Wojo that I hadn't already seen a dozen times in other interviews.

Stupidest question of all asked to both Krieger and Wojo: "What does having so many fans in Chicago mean to you?" 

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 01:56:02 PM »
Jen Lada 1 - Chick 0

Scoreboard!

Game: Lada

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »
It's Kieger by the way, not "Krieger"

Hysterical!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 02:13:28 PM »
Calling a journalist out as unprepared when the real problem was on your end is not fair criticism. She was not responsible for a) the acoustics, b) your seating situation or c) the fact that you felt you couldn't have a drink.

I don't blame Jen Lada for my disappointing experience at the luncheon.  I apologized for posting on this thread what I apparently thought was a mistake on her part.  The part about not being able to drink and not winning a door prize was supposed to be a joke.

I do think that if you devote $35 and a good part of your workday to attend something like this, you ought to get more insight on the coaches than what is covered in their bios on the GoMarquette website. Maybe that isn't the purpose, in which case, lesson learned.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:38:48 PM by Ellensonchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 03:27:34 PM »
I don't blame Jen Lada for my disappointing experience at the luncheon.  I apologized for what I apparently thought was a mistake on her part.  The part about not being able to drink and not winning a door prize was supposed to be a joke.

I do think that if you devote $35 and a good part of your workday to attend something like this, you ought to get more insight on the coaches than what is covered in their bios on the GoMarquette website. Maybe that isn't the purpose, in which case, lesson learned.

Had you, or your husband, never been to the coaches luncheon in its previous iterations?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »
Had you, or your husband, never been to the coaches luncheon in its previous iterations?

No.
Have some patience, FFS.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 03:40:21 PM »
I don't blame Jen Lada for my disappointing experience at the luncheon.  I apologized for what I apparently thought was a mistake on her part.  The part about not being able to drink and not winning a door prize was supposed to be a joke.

THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS!? Are you seriously complaining about $35 when you got a full seated & served meal along with access to coaches and some midday entertainment? Wow, I guess they should host it at Culver's next year to accomodate your desired price range for an event like this. Hilarious!

Also, it's a rah rah feel-good networking thing, did you expect Wojo to go through a powerpoint presentation diagramming all his schemes then discuss recruits (which, by rule, he can't do anyway)?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS!? Are you seriously complaining about $35 when you got a full seated & served meal along with access to coaches and some midday entertainment?

Uh, yes.  Especially since I had no access to coaches and I don't recall any actual entertainment.

And by the way, if Jen Lada was offended by what I said, you guys better hope she doesn't do a search on her name on this board and see what some of y'all have said about her.
Have some patience, FFS.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 03:47:44 PM »
Is this the first girlie fight in this board's history?

Does ChicasBailBonds and Queefe count?

;p
SS Marquette

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »
And by the way, if Jen Lada was offended by what I said, you guys better hope she doesn't do a search on her name on this board and see what some of y'all have said about her.
You continue to astound in this thread.

susie90

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2014, 03:49:18 PM »
I think it's time to end this thread.  Where's the guy with the horse video when you need him?  

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »
What did Mike Hunt report?

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »
I don't blame Jen Lada for my disappointing experience at the luncheon.  I apologized for posting on this thread what I apparently thought was a mistake on her part.  The part about not being able to drink and not winning a door prize was supposed to be a joke.

If you want to go next year, just let me know. I'll get you a ticket gratis and you can sit at our table. Our table is traditionally near the front, with real Marquette fans who are there to support Marquette through thick and thin and proud to do so. You'll find that Marquette rewards its die-hard loyal fans even if they aren't huge financial boosters.

I love the opportunity to connect and reconnect with MU friends and make new ones. I'd be happy to pay a small fee to have lunch at the legendary Union League Club, surrounded by my friends and fellow Marquette fans. I was also proud of everyone from Marquette for putting on such a great event. I've been going to the event for years, going back to the Deane years when some of the crowds were small. Buzz cancelled doing the event after the first year of his being the head coach for reasons that were never made clear.

As for Jen Lada, she did a great job. She represents Marquette well and we should thank her for taking the time out of HER day to help put on a great program. Looking forward to the season. Ring Out Ahoya.
We Are Marquette