[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Now the fun with Lebron starts, and the epic hypocrisy by fans. Delicious  (Read 16767 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I especially hope Bulls and Lakers fans throw themselves overboard in this process, especially how douchy they have been the last four years.  Watching them beg for him to come play in Chicago or Los Angeles is going to be delicious.

"well, dude, I never really hated him and I hope he brings his talents here bra"

"dis here, dat dere I didn't really care you know.  We ned Da Mare to make this happen like Mare Daley did in the olden days.  Come to Chicago, Lebron, where we have the best Sahssage and Sammich anywhere"

Ultimately I hope he is the ultimate dick tease and stays in Miami or goes to Cleveland, just to watch the fakery of Bulls and Lakers fans reexpose themselves when he makes his final decision. 

jesmu84

• All American
Can't speak for all of them, but as a Bulls fan I didn't want him the first time and I hope he doesn't end up there now.

GGGG

• All American
Yeah, I mean why get the best player in the league when you can be all hustley and grindy with the likes of Noah and Butler.

jesmu84

• All American
Yeah, I mean why get the best player in the league when you can be all hustley and grindy with the likes of Noah and Butler.

I don't think having that opinion makes me dumb as your post implies. As was just proven, there are ways to win without him.

4everwarriors

• All American
I'm figurin' on Knicks, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

LAZER

• All American
I especially hope Bulls and Lakers fans throw themselves overboard in this process, especially how douchy they have been the last four years.  Watching them beg for him to come play in Chicago or Los Angeles is going to be delicious.

"well, dude, I never really hated him and I hope he brings his talents here bra"

"dis here, dat dere I didn't really care you know.  We ned Da Mare to make this happen like Mare Daley did in the olden days.  Come to Chicago, Lebron, where we have the best Sahssage and Sammich anywhere"

Ultimately I hope he is the ultimate dick tease and stays in Miami or goes to Cleveland, just to watch the fakery of Bulls and Lakers fans reexpose themselves when he makes his final decision. 

How have Bulls and Lakers fans been douchy the last 4 years?

GGGG

• All American
I don't think having that opinion makes me dumb as your post implies. As was just proven, there are ways to win without him.

Not with the players the Bulls have now...even if they add Carmelo that isn't enough.  Adding Lebron James would be the best option available to get the Bulls an NBA Championship in the near term.  Why wouldn't you want that?

WarriorInNYC

• All American

Can't really speak on the LA fans, but being from the Chicago area I know there has been tons of hate being flung at Lebron after he chose Miami.  Not after it was known how his decision was made, but after he chose Miami.  There were lots of fans that wanted him to come to Chicago and then immediately started hating him after this decision.  And this wasn't run-of-the-mill, this player is really good hate (ie. Tom Brady), this was seeking out every opportunity to knock him down.

I get it from Cleveland fans.  Fans elsewhere, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Chico, you've posted this multiple times now, as if it is some kind of a revelation. There is a segment of every fan base in every city or on every campus that loves players when they are being "recruited", hates them when they choose another professional or college team, but would love them again if they choose to "transfer" back to their team. Some of these types root for the Los Angeles Lakers or the Chicago Bulls. Some of these types root for the Dallas Cowboys, the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, the California Angels of Anaheim (or whatever they're called this week), the Kansas Jayhawks, the Indiana Hoosiers and the Marquette Warriors.

This type of thing happens routinely. Everywhere. To some degree, almost all fans are prejudiced in the way that they view their team and the events that affect them. That includes you. On the "Hypocrisy Meter" or the "Delicious Irony Meter" this barely registers - except for those hypocrites who think Lakers or Bulls fans are different from fans everywhere.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:56:00 AM by Lennys Tap »

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Chicos' hypocrisy crusade has become more intolerable than his Crean sycophancy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Cleveland destination would be the most hilarious.  The man was burned to the ground by some fans, and if the prodigal son returns they will pave the streets with rose petals.  LOL.  Many of my relatives are from Cleveland and they are beyond conflicted right now, which they readily admit. 

Sports psychology is always fun to observe in the real world.

4everwarriors

• All American
He ain't doin' CLE. Even Irving wants out
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Cleveland destination would be the most hilarious.  The man was burned to the ground by some fans, and if the prodigal son returns they will pave the streets with rose petals.  LOL.  Many of my relatives are from Cleveland and they are beyond conflicted right now, which they readily admit. 

Sports psychology is always fun to observe in the real world.

Wait... you're related to hypocrites???? You've no other choice but to dissociate immediately.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

I dunno, it would be nice to see him in Sonics green

Death on call

Galway Eagle

• All American
Did you really make a thread just to be a dick? I mean come on.  But in any case I never liked Lebron and don't want him on the bulls. I want Love first and foremost.  The only player I dislike as much as Lebron is melo.  Point being is that once again you're generalizing a whole group of people which I know you get super upset when people do it to you. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
I get it from Cleveland fans.  Fans elsewhere, it doesn't make any sense to me.

And the only reason I "get it" from Cleveland fans is the way he did it.  Of course the reaction was way over the top, but the entire "Decision" thing was dumb, and I think (hope) that he learned from that.  He should have told the Cavs what his decision was, made an announcement and moved on.

There has only been two times that I can think of where a true superstar left a professional team I am a fan of...Paul Molitor and Brett Favre.  Molitor exited with class and I was happy when he won the World Series with the Jays.  Favre was an ass about it, and reveled in his failure in Minnesota.

Of course there are always going to be elements of "hate" no matter how classy the departure his handled.  But if you handle it well, the haters just end up looking bitter.

GGGG

• All American
Did you really make a thread just to be a dick? I mean come on.  But in any case I never liked Lebron and don't want him on the bulls. I want Love first and foremost.  The only player I dislike as much as Lebron is melo.  Point being is that once again you're generalizing a whole group of people which I know you get super upset when people do it to you. 

For the life of me, I cannot think of one rational reason why a Bulls fan wouldn't want to sign LBJ. 

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks

For the life of me, I cannot think of one rational reason why a Bulls fan wouldn't want to sign LBJ.  

To avoid the LeBron circus? To avoid allocating too much money to one single player in order to sign (or re-sign) other players on the team?

Also, I would personally love it if he were on the Bulls. I wouldn't feel hypocritical about that in the slightest.

Count me in the "Please not Melo" and "Kevin Love" camp, however.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:51:00 AM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

GGGG

• All American
To avoid the LeBron circus? To avoid allocating too much money to one single player in order to sign (or re-sign) other players on the team?

Seemed to work just fine for Miami.  The Bulls aren't going anywhere with their current collection.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Seemed to work just fine for Miami.  The Bulls aren't going anywhere with their current collection.

I modified my response to clarify. Agree with you in general, but I was just presenting two rational reasons why a Bulls fan may not want LeBron.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Lennys Tap

• All American

Also, I would personally love it if he were on the Bulls. I wouldn't feel hypocritical about that in the slightest.

Count me in the "Please not Melo" and "Kevin Love" camp, however.

Aren't there guys making the max on lots of teams? Rather pay Lebron than Joe Johnson or any of the other "max" guys

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

I'll say

Heat (if Wade opts out)
Clippers (oh the joy this would bring me and the outrage for FLaker fans)
Cavs (only because psychology would be great and I'd love to see Cleveland get their first major title in 50+ years)
Rockets

But to be honest, I'll watch none of the games in the regular season and might catch partial of 2 or 3 in the playoffs, except for the ones I may be invited to attend in person.  To me, this is all about watching the psychology of fans. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Is this a serious question?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Exactly.   

It already started in the carpool this morning with the Laker contingent.  "I like the guy as a player, I just hated the decision"....what a turn from "I hate Lebron" that I've heard the last four years.  Fun ride in this morning.  We all had a good laugh.  Fan psychology is the best and most irrational thing going.