[Today at 02:39:49 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Zog from Margo
[Today at 12:33:49 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 10:43:34 AM]

NM by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 01:04:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Entrance Music - U2 ? Or is it time for a change?  (Read 22296 times)

bradley center bat

• All American
Re: MU Entrance Music - U2 ? Or is it time for a change?
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2014, 12:13:17 PM »
The music was different this year. Go back to the U2, Where the streets have no name.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2014, 12:22:07 PM »
Surprised this has never been used anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nAwmVLQSk

jficke13

• All American

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »
With our new coach's love of flopping I think Bodies by Drowning Pool would be great

"Let the bodies hit the floor. Let the bodies hit the floor. Let the bodies hit the floooooooooooooor!"

Either that or the Spanish O'Donnells

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2014, 01:10:20 PM »
We need some of this:

http://deadspin.com/watch-this-amazing-projection-system-transform-the-cava-1545702354

Yes!  When and if we get a new Bradley Center, we'll have those cameras.  That is very new technology, and was first used in Sochi for the Olympics during the opening and closing ceremonies.  It is quite amazing what you can do with it.  To be honest, I'd rather have watched the camera show than the game. 

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2014, 01:17:36 PM »
Love Rob Halford. I don't think MU would give it the green light...because well, yeah. I think Halford has about as much of a chance as GG Allin.
  Hah yeah, but a person can dream. MU Metal!
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »
'Where the Streets Have No Name' is one of the most recognizable opening songs of an album of all time.  That song and album is one of the greatest records ever recorded and is truly timeless.  Regardless of personal music tastes, that's one of those records that should be universally recognized and celebrated for the impact and influence it left on music.  If fans want the intro music changed that's fine, but let's not show a complete lack of understanding by bashing a historic album.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

TFlegend

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2014, 01:22:01 PM »
Went to the MU-Villanova game in Philly and they used Rick Ross "Hustlin".  Loved it...thought MU should use it.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2014, 01:28:56 PM »
'Where the Streets Have No Name' is one of the most recognizable opening songs of an album of all time.  That song and album is one of the greatest records ever recorded and is truly timeless.  Regardless of personal music tastes, that's one of those records that should be universally recognized and celebrated for the impact and influence it left on music.  If fans want the intro music changed that's fine, but let's not show a complete lack of understanding by bashing a historic album.

I haven't seen anyone bashing U2 at all.  All I have seen is a few people supporting the continuation of "Where the Streets Have No Name" being played as the MU intro, more people supporting a change, and others offering new songs that they'd like to hear.  It is a good record, but the song, itself, seems outdated as an MU intro.  That comes as no disrespect to the song.  Personally, it reminds me of Crean/Buzz era.  It's time to move forward from that.  With Wojo on board, it's the perfect time to start a new chapter and create some new memories.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »
I'm not a U2 fan, but I still get chills every time I hear Streets. It's MUBB to me.
+1,000,000

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2014, 02:37:22 PM »
With our new coach's love of flopping I think Bodies by Drowning Pool would be great

"Let the bodies hit the floor. Let the bodies hit the floor. Let the bodies hit the floooooooooooooor!"

Either that or the Spanish O'Donnells

Love the drowning pool idea. Unfortunately probably wouldn't play with the donors...
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »
Mr. MoJo Risin (LA Woman)?

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2014, 03:02:15 PM »
They should go back to the original Streets version, not the terrible cheesey version they've used the last couple years. It's a great intro song when kept simple.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »
Personally, it reminds me of Crean/Buzz era.  It's time to move forward from that.  With Wojo on board, it's the perfect time to start a new chapter and create some new memories.

This exactly. It's amazing and I have some of my fondest college memories with that song going on in the background, but it's time for a new song to usher in the new era of MUBB!

Guy Fieri's Dad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2014, 03:18:53 PM »
ODB should be up next.

U2 sucks.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4ITLNzPoEqs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4ITLNzPoEqs</a>

This would be amazing!

The Love House

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »
"Where the Streets Have No Name" has to be the dumbest intro song ever for a sporting event. First, the song came out in 1987. That's more than a full decade before freshmen entering Marquette next year were even born.  To put that in perspective, let's say you were a freshman in 1996. That would be like asking you to get fired up for a game by playing a top song from 1968 like "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel.  Second, there isn't a single lyric in the song that relates to sports or competition of any kind. You might as well have picked it out of a hat.  And finally, do we really want to send our team off to battle with a song that contains the lyrics "we're beaten and blown" and "I want to hide"???

Just plain dumb.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 04:37:24 PM by The Love House »

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2014, 04:50:18 PM »
"Where the Streets Have No Name" has to be the dumbest intro song ever for a sporting event.

Bono should be sent to prison.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2014, 05:08:21 PM »
Mike Tyson used to enter the ring to noise. Metal and chains just clanking. NOISE. That is intimidating.

(at least after 1989 or so), Tyson came out to "Welcome to the Terrordome" by Public Enemy.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2014, 05:33:08 PM »
"Where the Streets Have No Name" has to be the dumbest intro song ever for a sporting event. First, the song came out in 1987. That's more than a full decade before freshmen entering Marquette next year were even born.  To put that in perspective, let's say you were a freshman in 1996. That would be like asking you to get fired up for a game by playing a top song from 1968 like "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel.  Second, there isn't a single lyric in the song that relates to sports or competition of any kind. You might as well have picked it out of a hat.  And finally, do we really want to send our team off to battle with a song that contains the lyrics "we're beaten and blown" and "I want to hide"???

Just plain dumb.

This was the song Tom Crean brought when he took over.  Perhaps, there's a prophecy in the lyrics after this past season in Bloomington. 

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »
We could do a lot of great things, just gotta put a little scratch into it. Take the chains off and cue up the guys who did the Cavs intro floor video to come up with something. They'll make it work.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2014, 07:18:08 PM »
I could get behind this for the new entrance theme....  thoughts?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ks0wIstEA34?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&quot;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ks0wIstEA34?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&quot;</a>

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2014, 07:25:13 PM »
If we want to go more tribal to represent our Warrior roots, check this out.... start at about 0:45 and let it ride for a minute.  Imagine several Indian Warriors coming out of the tunnel first, doing a war dance.  That would send a message to the away team and is worth +2 home wins every year. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoSz-9JkavI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IoSz-9JkavI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;</a>

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »
What's wrong with you people. The answer is obvious.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sshhb5ISHvI

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sshhb5ISHvI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sshhb5ISHvI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:01:46 PM by T-Bone »
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2014, 07:52:46 PM »
Keep U2. It's been one constant through the last decade plus that has arguably been MU's best run of form since the 1970s.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

feedback