collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crean Article  (Read 19890 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Crean Article
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »
As a basketball coach, Dukiet made a great pianist, hey?

He also liked other things......
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 12:25:35 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: mike woodson to replace tom crean at indiana??
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2014, 12:25:23 PM »
Marquette was ranked 17th going into the season, Indiana 24th or 28th. They were both major disappointments. Saying IU "did about as expected, a little worse" is simply not true.

There you go, using preseason top 25 polls.  LOL.  Talk about relying on absolute stupidity.

A bunch of writers are combing through 350 teams to see who the top 25 are....laughable.

Uhm, no.   Sorry, but it's a lot more reliable for the actual COACHES in your conference that KNOW the players coming back, etc, to rate how 10 teams will finish 1 through 10 then having a bunch of writers figure out the top 25 out of 350.  Wasn't there a statistics lecture you gave me the other day....well start your number crunching.

MU picked first in a 10 team league by his peers in his conference.  IU was picked 6th I believe.

MU finished 6th.  IU finished 8th.   Start crunching   

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »
There you go, using preseason top 25 polls.  LOL.  Talk about relying on absolute stupidity.

A bunch of writers are combing through 350 teams to see who the top 25 are....laughable.

Uhm, no.   Sorry, but it's a lot more reliable for the actual COACHES in your conference that KNOW the players coming back, etc, to rate how 10 teams will finish 1 through 10 then having a bunch of writers figure out the top 25 out of 350.  Wasn't there a statistics lecture you gave me the other day....well start your number crunching.

MU picked first in a 10 team league by his peers in his conference.  IU was picked 6th I believe.

MU finished 6th.  IU finished 8th.   Start crunching  

Indiana was picked 5th or 6th, an NCAA tournament team in a conference very good at the top. A borderline top 25 team overall. They tied for 8th and 9th in the regular season and were smoked by the team they tied in the conference tournament. 7-11 + 0-1 =7-12 overall, tied with mighty Northwestern for 9th and 10th. You're the only Indiana fan (including Joanni and Riley) who don't consider this season a major disappointment. To say "about what was expected, a little worse" is just not true. Sad thing is you know it and are just being a dick.

We finished 62nd in Pomeroy's final rankings, Indiana finished 74th. Both major disappointments.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:07:59 PM by Lennys Tap »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2014, 01:15:45 PM »
What's funny is Jay Bee likes to rip on IU for the contract but only a few months ago said how great and smart the contract was.  It must be cool to be Sybil.

You're lying again, chicos. I said the UCLA/Alford contract was great while you & the traditional media opined otherwise.

The I4 contract - Crean owned Glass & then the school further screwed up by not being forthright (trying to pull a fast one?)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »
Indiana was picked 5th or 6th, an NCAA tournament team in a conference very good at the top. A borderline top 25 team overall. They tied for 8th and 9th in the regular season and were smoked by the team they tied in the conference tournament. 7-11 + 0-1 =7-12 overall, tied with mighty Northwestern for 9th and 10th. You're the only Indiana fan (including Joanni and Riley) who don't consider this season a major disappointment. To say "about what was expected, a little worse" is just not true. Sad thing is you know it and are just being a dick.

We finished 62nd in Pomeroy's final rankings, Indiana finished 74th. Both major disappointments.

They were picked 5th or 6th?  Hmm, no...they were picked 6th.  Unless you're looking at a new way of Big Ten coaches and\or Big Ten writers picking teams where they said "well, we think 5th or 6th".  

They tied for 8th or 9th....interesting, a whole new way of determining how teams actually finish in standings, brought to you by Lenny.   No, they finished tied for 8th.  The next standing position goes to 10th.  You don't get to make up facts and say "they tied for 8th or 9th"...they tied for 8th.

MU was picked 1st....finished 6th...not 5th or 6th.  

Pomeroy's rankings....those are efficiency rankings and who cares anyway?  Where did I ever say IU was better than MU this year?  They weren't nor did I say that.  I said IU finished ABOUT where they were expected to finish.  MU, on the other hand, disappointed greatly versus the expectations.  Both are disappointments....one was much worse than the other.  I never said this wasn't a disappointment.  Am I the ONLY IU fan that thinks it was a major disappointment...please.  Many IU fans don't consider it a major disappointment just as many think they should have won the national title and Knight should still be coaching.  But stop with your incessant Always, Ever, Only....it is so unnatural carnal knowledgeing lazy on your part.  

Yes, IU lost to some bottom feeders.  They also beat the 1st and 2nd place teams.  Young teams tend to do goof stuff like that.

Crunch those numbers big guy.  Predicted to finish 6th, finish 8th vs predicted to finish 1st and finish 6th.  Both are disappointments, one is much bigger but you're confused as to which one that is.  But keeping making stuff up like "picked 5th or 6th" or finished "8th or 9th"....I'm sure there is a Bleacher Report, Lindy's (is that even around anymore) or Sporting News or some other poll out there that will validate it for you, but not anything official coming from the Big Ten coaches or Big Ten writers which had them 6th.  You don't get to now pick unofficial polls and make them your own.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:18:33 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2014, 02:15:21 PM »
Forgive me JayBee, but when your article is about Crean and Alford's contracts and you compare the two and say how refreshing it is, that's the conclusion I come to. 

Here are the exact words: "However, if Tom Crean tells a recruit, “I’m staying with Indiana for the long haul and vice versa”, his employment agreement with the school would appear to support his words.The same can be said for Steve Alford and UCLA. In what others said “makes no sense”, but we called “refreshing”

So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you think the IU TC contract, was "refreshing". 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2014, 02:16:21 PM »
I worked for both....Knight was a bigger jerk than Crean, and that's saying something since both are pricks.   On the flip side, they both run their programs that stress graduating, discipline, going to class, academics, etc, etc.  From that perspective, I like what they stress.

Every time Knight choked a kid, verbally abused an innocent underling or did something else that probably should have gotten him jail time, he undermined all the "good" things he did. There are lots of coaches who stress the right things -- lots who don't, perhaps, but lots who do -- but there aren't lots of coaches who grab a player by the throat to make a point.

And in fine IU tradition, the grabbee is vilified while the grabber is deified!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2014, 02:21:45 PM »
Every time Knight choked a kid, verbally abused an innocent underling or did something else that probably should have gotten him jail time, he undermined all the "good" things he did. There are lots of coaches who stress the right things -- lots who don't, perhaps, but lots who do -- but there aren't lots of coaches who grab a player by the throat to make a point.

Yup.  Woody Hayes at OSU.  If you win, you can get away with crap until it becomes too much and caves in on itself.  Knight was a great coach, also a man out of control. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2014, 03:53:19 PM »
History has witnessed many "resignations..."

You going to add Rick Majerus to your photos?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »

Death on call

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2014, 04:30:21 PM »
Forgive me JayBee, but when your article is about Crean and Alford's contracts and you compare the two and say how refreshing it is, that's the conclusion I come to. 

Here are the exact words: "However, if Tom Crean tells a recruit, “I’m staying with Indiana for the long haul and vice versa”, his employment agreement with the school would appear to support his words.The same can be said for Steve Alford and UCLA. In what others said “makes no sense”, but we called “refreshing”

So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you think the IU TC contract, was "refreshing". 

Yes - they are CONTRACTS that show some commitment. That's what is refreshing - a contract not, as I often say, "meant to be broken." In other words, refreshing meaning "new or different."... NOT "good, great, bad, et al"

Never did I say the I4 contract was great. However, from Crean's standpoint it was - he took them to task and it may have been so "bad" that the school mislead and Glass didn't follow through as promised.

Nothing great about that. (PS-You may want to invest in a better dictionary.)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
Refreshing....nuance.....and refreshing

Your prediction of MU in the dance...not so refreshing

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2014, 08:32:11 PM »
Refreshing....nuance.....and refreshing

Your prediction of MU in the dance...not so refreshing

Insufferable.

Here's something that not great:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2012-11-10/indiana-announces-crean-agrees-extension-through-2019-20

The buyout, Glass said, would cost $8 million during the next three years, then drops to $1 million in Year 4 and drops again to $500,000 over the final four years of the deal.

School officials said additional contract details will be announce when the deal is formally signed.

(Except that's the buyout Crean would owe IU... forgot the part about IU owing Crean $16MM in year one, dropping down approximately $2MM each year over the next three... and except that officials didn't announce additional contract details when the deal was formally signed just a short time later. Ooopsy!)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:58:16 PM by Jay Bee »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2014, 12:46:29 AM »
fixed link

Insufferable.

Here's something that not great:

Indiana announces Crean agrees to extension through 2019-20 season

(Except that's the buyout Crean would owe IU... forgot the part about IU owing Crean $16MM in year one, dropping down approximately $2MM each year over the next three... and except that officials didn't announce additional contract details when the deal was formally signed just a short time later. Ooopsy!)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:48:27 AM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2014, 01:17:45 AM »
Refreshing

feedback