[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crean Article  (Read 19893 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: mike woodson to replace tom crean at indiana??
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2014, 09:15:32 PM »
The journalism product at the JS continues to amaze the last few years. 

The basketball product at Indiana University continues to dumbfound the last 6 years.

Death on call

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2014, 09:19:39 PM »
If Knicks fire Mike Woodson, he could land coaching gig with Indiana Hoosiers
According to a source, Woodson would be a top candidate at his alma mater if current coach Tom Crean does not return to the Hoosiers program.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/woodson-land-hoosiers-article-1.1721216

Mike Woodson is a long shot to survive the anticipated purge at MSG. However, he may have a job lined up sooner than later. According to a source, Woodson would be a top candidate at his alma mater, Indiana University, if current coach Tom Crean does not return. The source claims that several prominent IU boosters are pushing to buy out Crean and install Woodson, a product of Indianapolis, as the coach.

Last season, Crean led Indiana to a Big Ten title and a No. 1 seeding in the NCAA Tournament. On Thursday, the Hoosiers (17-15) were knocked out of the conference tournament in the first round. The Hoosiers are hopeful to receive an NIT bid. Woodson has never been a college head coach.

Woodson, according to a team source, has been resigned to the fact that this would be his last season with the Knicks even before last Friday, when the Daily News first reported that Madison Square Chairman James Dolan had offered Phil Jackson a front-office job. Jackson has said on numerous occasions that he is no longer interested in coaching.

-----------------------------------

Crean, who is active on Twitter, has not tweeted since March 9:

@TomCrean  "The rich and the poor have this in common, The Lord is the maker of them all." Proverbs 22:2.
6:00 PM - 9 Mar 2014

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:23:14 PM by Heisenberg »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Crean Article
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »
By your logic Tanned Tommy should have told IIII no since word got out before he could tell Marquette...

In yet one more way The Bronzed Beast is no Bobby Knight. I laugh every time I see Tanned Tommy trying to track down Knight for a conversation after Knight called an IU game. Crean seemed to believe he and Knight had some sort of bond. Knight could have cared less.

Nope, he isn't Bobby Knight...few people are.  I doubt that anyone that takes the job next will be either.  Knight could have cared less about anything IU, he refuses to acknowledge anything with the program, won't return, won't allow the court to be named after him, etc.  Just the way it is and hardly surprising to anyone here.

And no, that's not what he should have told IU.  It was a move up from MU, more money, better school, better program...you take it.  Not surprising.  His bro-in-law broke the news, not IU.  Big difference from the UW RMK situation.

I still contend if Crean is ever out at IU, it will be because he leaves not because he is fired.

At any rate, the hypocrisy never ends here....always fun to watch and the justification for the hypocrisy is usually the best...BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE HIM WE CAN BE HYPOCRITES.  LOL

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »
The basketball product at Indiana University continues to dumbfound the last 6 years.

The one that has won 6 of 8 from Michigan and won the Big Ten title for the first time in 20+ years last year?  If that's the case, I would think you need to expand your 6 years to 15+ years.   ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2014, 09:22:05 PM »
Good news is Wisconsin won't make the NCAA tournament and we are going....eh Heisenburg?   :P

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2014, 09:22:42 PM »
Good news is Wisconsin won't make the NCAA tournament and we are going....eh Heisenburg?   :P

Are you happy I was wrong about this?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »
Toi bad it was John Harbaugh that squeaked to the radio station.

You know, somebody really needs to give the Harbaughs some payback for that incident. Someone should broadcast to the world a Harbaugh career move on Twitter just because. Serve them right.

Death on call

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 09:28:05 PM »
The New York Post
March 14, 2014

Woodson: Don’t think of me for Hoosiers job

http://nypost.com/2014/03/14/angry-woodson-dont-think-of-me-for-hoosiers-job/

Knicks coach Mike Woodson knows what it feels like to have a job and hear about all the candidates being lined up for that position.

So Woodson on Friday attacked a report saying he could be a candidate at the University of Indiana if coach Tom Crean were not retained. Woodson said he received a call about the published report.

“First and foremost, that’s not me. I have a great deal of respect for Tom Crean and what he’s done at Indiana University, and I’m going to leave it at that,” Woodson said. “Because I don’t like being affiliated with no one’s job that a coach is already in position as coach. It’s tough enough on all of us as coaches. I don’t care what level it is. I’ve said that ever since I’ve been here.”

And this season, with the Knicks currently at 26-40 and out of playoff position, Woodson has heard one name after another as his replacement.

“I can’t control none of that, that’s for sure. But I just think it’s ugly in our business when things like that happen because, again, it’s not easy being a coach,” Woodson said. “And I don’t care what level it is or what sport it is. It’s a tough profession, but we enjoy doing what we do, so I mean I’ve got to respect the game and respect the coaching part of it because it is a fragile thing.”

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »

I still contend if Crean is ever out at IU, it will be because he leaves not because he is fired.

History has witnessed many "resignations..."

You won't have Nixon to kick around!

I am not a crook!

No Mas!

I shall return!

I will cross the Yalu!

I have served the people long enough!

I am resigning to pursue leadership opportunities outside of the university.

"leaving Marquette is a decision that involved a great deal of prayer,  thought, and spiritual conversation, a decision that evolved gradually over two years. But once I
 came to clarity, I decided it was best to act in a timely manner. Both the clarity and timing are entirely mine, despite the efforts of friends and colleagues to convince me to consider remaining at Marquette."

Get Those JUCOs out of the Building!

Death on call

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2014, 10:48:25 PM »
The journalism product at the JS continues to amaze the last few years. 

That we can agree on

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2014, 10:50:47 PM »
Are you happy I was wrong about this?

I'm not happy about it, but you started a ridiculous thread and deserve to get sh!t for it

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2014, 11:09:47 PM »
The one that has won 6 of 8 from Michigan and won the Big Ten title for the first time in 20+ years last year?  If that's the case, I would think you need to expand your 6 years to 15+ years.   ;)

You mean the Michigan Wolverine squad that went to the National Championship game last April? Or this year's team that, despite losing two first round draft picks, sits atop the B1G and is poised to make another deep run in the Tournament?

By the way, how did IU do this season?

Death on call

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2014, 11:38:53 PM »
Crean lied about the process and had plenty of time to tell his players.  He signed the letter of intent 24 hrs prior to saying he was even contacted by Eddie Fogler.  Complete BS.  Went on TV in Bloomington and lied to a reporter about how fast everything happened and he wished he could have spoken with team before ESPN, etc. Ask Wesley Matthews or Jerel McNeal what he thinks of TC and the manner in which he left.  I don't hate him for leaving but he is a piece of crap for lying on multiple occasions to make himself look like he wasn't really a complete ass hat.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2014, 11:23:56 AM »
Agreed... if they want to move on, it's in IU's best financial interest to wait until 2016.

Buyout amount...
In 2014 - $14 M
In 2015 - $12 M
In 2016 - $7.5 M
In 2017 - $4 M
2018-2020- $1M

http://indiana.247sports.com/Board/144/The-Financial-Side-of-Firing-Tom-Crean-25866924/1

But wait! That article is quoting LateNightHoops.com

I'm told by chicos that "it would be stupid" for Fred Glass "to have lied" about the buyout when he said it was only $8MM, when in reality it started at $16MM.

lol... the problem is many of the boosters still don't even know what LNH explained re: the buyout. Has to be uncomfortable for the AD and coach. "Uhh, thought you said the buyout was $8MM... how did that get mixed up by the traditional media, fans, etc.. basically everyone except for LNH... for a year and a half, Fred?"

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2014, 11:34:11 AM »
But wait! That article is quoting LateNightHoops.com

I'm told by chicos that "it would be stupid" for Fred Glass "to have lied" about the buyout when he said it was only $8MM, when in reality it started at $16MM.

lol... the problem is many of the boosters still don't even know what LNH explained re: the buyout. Has to be uncomfortable for the AD and coach. "Uhh, thought you said the buyout was $8MM... how did that get mixed up by the traditional media, fans, etc.. basically everyone except for LNH... for a year and a half, Fred?"

Yup--talk about a gold plated contract!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2014, 08:44:37 PM »
Wasn't Gannon the next step on the coachin' ladder for the piano man after he left MU?

Yes it was, and from there he went on to play piano in Florida.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »
As a basketball coach, Dukiet made a great pianist, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2014, 09:03:40 PM »
I don't hate Crean and I don't like Crean. I do like making fun of Crean, and I also like making fun of people here for being obsessed with Crean.

I did just find out that Crean hired a friend of mine to be his director of basketball operations, former Northern Illinois coach (and Illinois assistant) Rob Judson. So I appreciate he did that.

Crean will never be the coach Knight was. And no matter how big a jerk you think Crean is, he never will be close to the jerk Knight was.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2014, 09:05:21 PM »
Didn't know Knight passed on.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2014, 09:11:18 PM »
Didn't know Knight passed on.

Good one. And accurate, too, because he's every bit the same jerk now. He just doesn't have as many people he can bully.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2014, 12:05:57 PM »
There is an opening at South Florida.   From a tanning perspective, this would be a great opportunity for Coach Crean.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2014, 12:07:50 PM »
Yup--talk about a gold plated contract!

What's funny is Jay Bee likes to rip on IU for the contract but only a few months ago said how great and smart the contract was.  It must be cool to be Sybil.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
I don't hate Crean and I don't like Crean. I do like making fun of Crean, and I also like making fun of people here for being obsessed with Crean.

I did just find out that Crean hired a friend of mine to be his director of basketball operations, former Northern Illinois coach (and Illinois assistant) Rob Judson. So I appreciate he did that.

Crean will never be the coach Knight was. And no matter how big a jerk you think Crean is, he never will be close to the jerk Knight was.

I worked for both....Knight was a bigger jerk than Crean, and that's saying something since both are pricks.   On the flip side, they both run their programs that stress graduating, discipline, going to class, academics, etc, etc.  From that perspective, I like what they stress.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2014, 12:11:01 PM »
You mean the Michigan Wolverine squad that went to the National Championship game last April? Or this year's team that, despite losing two first round draft picks, sits atop the B1G and is poised to make another deep run in the Tournament?

By the way, how did IU do this season?

They did about as expected, a little worse.  Beat 4 really good teams, including Michigan who they basically own.  Other than that, not fun to watch...a lot like watching Marquette this year only Marquette was supposed to be good.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2014, 12:21:24 PM »
They did about as expected, a little worse.  Beat 4 really good teams, including Michigan who they basically own.  Other than that, not fun to watch...a lot like watching Marquette this year only Marquette was supposed to be good.

Marquette was ranked 17th going into the season, Indiana 24th or 28th. They were both major disappointments. Saying IU "did about as expected, a little worse" is simply not true.

feedback