[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 586430 times)

brandx

Re: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #975 on: October 03, 2014, 06:49:31 PM »
Numerous witnesses saying one thing or someone with power and money saying the opposite. Who should we believe?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #976 on: October 03, 2014, 08:02:31 PM »
A witness said that, not witnesses.  Furthermore, the action started previously when the photographer ran into the car.  We'll see how it plays out, but as of right now one person has been arrested and it isn't the bodyguard.  Something tells me the media won't be in a big hurry to get the entire story on this since they are in shark mode right now, but we shall see.

I just thought it interesting that the post talked about an alleged attack and forgot to mention the photographer was arrested.....the new iOS may be at fault.   :P

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #977 on: October 03, 2014, 08:50:41 PM »
Yawn.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #978 on: October 05, 2014, 03:13:10 PM »
Taxes, death, and 2nd half Bears turnovers in tight games.

Can the Bears carry 2 starting quarterbacks and play Jay Cutler in the 1st half and the backup in the 2nd half? ;-) They might be alright then.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #979 on: October 05, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
So yeah...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #980 on: October 05, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
If Tim Tebow was in deep thought would it be a Christian Ponder?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #981 on: October 05, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »
Kudos to the Lions.   Another new way to lose.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #982 on: October 05, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
Oh well. I can stop caring about the Bears in week 5 at least instead of week 17. On the bright side Cutler and Alshon are still fantasy monsters for me.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #983 on: October 05, 2014, 03:30:39 PM »
Needs to be said...Brandon Marshall having poor season. Cutler aside, Marshall keeps no showing.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #984 on: October 05, 2014, 03:35:50 PM »

Well played.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #985 on: October 05, 2014, 03:37:35 PM »
Needs to be said...Brandon Marshall having poor season. Cutler aside, Marshall keeps no showing.

That's a good point.  I truly don't know, is he healthy?  I know he's been banged up throughout parts of the season.  Also seemed like Bennett wasn't a big part of the game plan when he had been a complete beast the past 2 weeks.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #986 on: October 05, 2014, 03:38:48 PM »

Old....very old

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121103151125AAIaKN6

But still pretty good

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #987 on: October 05, 2014, 04:29:53 PM »
Oh look, pink. The NFL really cares about women.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #988 on: October 05, 2014, 04:37:40 PM »

Exactly!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #989 on: October 05, 2014, 04:46:46 PM »
Interesting to see if the Bears implode by the end of October. I think bad things happen to them next week in Atlanta, assuming that happens, they'd be sitting at 2-4.

I didn't really expect anything from Jared Allen, and I realize he was sick last week and fighting back this week, but between him and Houston, Bears have gotten nothing from either one of those guys.

If the Bears are going to be bad, I'd rather have them be real bad.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #990 on: October 05, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »

Every sport has been doing this for many years.  The NFL does care about women, as consumers and fans, as wives and daughters and mothers....I have several colleagues that are women that are sr management \ execs at the NFL.  Great women.  Because some a-hole players ( a small number) were raised without daddies, entitled from the get go, have no idea how to treat women doesn't mean the entire NFL is that way.

This is about as foolish as the Coaches vs Cancer nonsense every year.  People have to bitch about something.  

Come to think of it, when Marquette wore pink uniforms last year, clearly they didn't care about cancer or women or none of that stuff....it was all self serving, especially on the heels of sexual assault only one year removed.  Cynical tsk tsk
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:50:30 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #991 on: October 05, 2014, 04:55:33 PM »
Every sport has been doing this for many years.  The NFL does care about women, as consumers and fans, as wives and daughters and mothers....I have several colleagues that are women that are sr management \ execs at the NFL.  Great women.  Because some a-hole players ( a small number) were raised without daddies, entitled from the get go, have no idea how to treat women doesn't mean the entire NFL is that way.

This is about as foolish as the Coaches vs Cancer nonsense every year.  People have to bitch about something.  

Come to think of it, when Marquette wore pink uniforms last year, clearly they didn't care about cancer or women or none of that stuff....it was all self serving, especially on the heels of sexual assault only one year removed.  Cynical tsk tsk

Damn right I'll be cynical about the NFL and women right now. The only reason Ray Rice wasn't on the field today was PR, not anything about caring or having a moral/ethical stance. So you'll have to excuse me, I guess, when I doubt the reasoning behind the pink campaign.

I'll agree with you that the NFL cares about women from a consumer or fan standpoint, but only because $$$.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #992 on: October 05, 2014, 05:03:45 PM »

2009....cleats idea came from DeAngelo Williams.   One may wonder WHY it did.   I'll let a few of you do a little research, but breast cancer impacted his family   http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/08/pink-cleats-idea-came-from-deangelo-williams/

Pink bats in MLB

College basketball pink uniforms

Etc, etc

Is it a marketing ploy also?  Of course it is, one would be a fool not to think so.  No different than companies running around saying how green they are.  Or honoring military at sporting events....some of that is marketing as well.  We can be cynical all day about this stuff and part of it will be true.  Do you want them to bring awareness or not?

They should all just stop it....no more?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #993 on: October 05, 2014, 05:17:47 PM »
Because some a-hole players ( a small number) were raised without daddies, entitled from the get go, have no idea how to treat women doesn't mean the entire NFL is that way.

Not quite sure why you had to throw single motherhood into the equation here.  Ray Rice was indeed raised by a single mother.  But Greg Hardy and Ray McDonald, for instance, were not.

brandx

« Reply #994 on: October 05, 2014, 05:53:26 PM »

Not quite sure why you had to throw single motherhood into the equation here.  Ray Rice was indeed raised by a single mother.  But Greg Hardy and Ray McDonald, for instance, were not.

He doesn't care about slurs when it comes to the Redskins, so why would he care about slurring blacks?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #995 on: October 05, 2014, 07:07:58 PM »
Interesting to see if the Bears implode by the end of October. I think bad things happen to them next week in Atlanta, assuming that happens, they'd be sitting at 2-4.

I didn't really expect anything from Jared Allen, and I realize he was sick last week and fighting back this week, but between him and Houston, Bears have gotten nothing from either one of those guys.

What is with the play calling?  I just... I feel like typing so many things, but I just.. Need a drink.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

brandx

« Reply #996 on: October 05, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »

I don't think you have a lot to worry about......yet.

Looking at their schedule, I didn't see any way they could be better than 3-3 in their 1st 6 games. They are still on track although winning in Atlanta will be tough. After that, I only see @GB and @Detroit as sure losses. Anything else is winnable. But Jay better quit throwing to the other team if they are gonna make things happen. The turnovers are killing them.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #997 on: October 05, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »

Yeah, Some Cheerleaders had to sue, attempting to get Minimum wage or higher.  This NFL is full of Window Dressing!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #998 on: October 05, 2014, 08:13:39 PM »

Starting to think you may get your wish (and I don't think either if us would be too surprised), as I am also starting to think Trestman may be in over his head. I liked what I saw early on, and think he may be a brilliant offensive mind, but I also hear a lot of Mike Sherman in most of his pressers. Still 2/3 of the season left, but if they continue to struggle as they have, I'm probably moving on him the day the season ends.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #999 on: October 05, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »
I don't know about the Bears.  I think Trestman seems like a good coach.  The playcalling is good.  The effort is there.  I just don't think the personnel is good enough, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

To go along with what Dish said above, the linebackers aren't all that good and the defensive line isn't living up to expectations.  (To be honest, I thought that Allen over Peppers was not going to be an upgrade, and I couldn't quite figure out why people were saying it was.)

feedback