[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Majerus Foundation Generosity  (Read 1265 times)

jsglow

• All American
Majerus Foundation Generosity
« on: July 28, 2015, 09:40:30 PM »
Yesterday the Majerus Family Foundation announced a $310,000 donation to completely renovate my high school gymnasium at Saint Thomas More in Milwaukee.  Pretty cool for an 'eddie' from the rival we used to beat at practically everything (except golf).  Coach, we're proud to make you an honorary 'Man From More.'

http://www.bayviewnow.com/userstoriessubmitted/318710351.html

Beyond this incredibly generous contribution, the Majerus Family Foundation has done a great deal to support numerous causes around his beloved Milwaukee.  Thank you doesn't seem like enough.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
Re: Majerus Foundation Generosity
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »
I was surprised to see this happen, but then I did some digging and found that the TM hoops coach/AD's wife is on the board of the foundation. Makes sense.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »
Yesterday the Majerus Family Foundation announced a $310,000 donation to completely renovate my high school gymnasium at Saint Thomas More in Milwaukee. Pretty cool for an 'eddie' from the rival we used to beat at practically everything (except golf). Coach, we're proud to make you an honorary 'Man From More.'

TM guys crack me up.  I went to St Veronica's at Whitnall & Norwich on the southside and was slated to go to MUHS from baptism (performed by Fr. Doran, with help from Fr. Naus of MU).  I would wear MUHS gear to grade school and the TM bound kids would tease me about "Homo High".  Mind you this was in 1st and 2nd grade.  Also mind you that TM was all-boys at the time.

I don't remember many TM w's once I got to MUHS - but they were always great games.  It's a shame the Metro Conf was broken up.

And Kudos to Rick for helping Catholic education all over Milwaukee.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 03:15:14 PM »
my dad was a don bosco guy-went out for boxing when it was offered as a competitive sport
don't...don't don't don't don't

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 06:46:10 PM »
This is so cool.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing