[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hijack  (Read 46112 times)

moomoo

• Team Captain
Hijack
« on: September 07, 2013, 12:44:01 PM »
Interest level dropped from high to medium, per Scout. In guessing its because he is visiting Georgia Tech for the second time in a couple of weeks.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

Eldon

• All American
Re: Big Ben Lammers. Update.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
I dont know much about recruiting, but occasionally I look at verbalcommits.com based on recruits mentioned on scoop.  There, too, it says his interest level is 'medium' and I believe it said 'high interest' a couple weeks ago. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 01:40:09 PM »
This is what qualifies as an update to you? #sheesh
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 01:49:16 PM »
What's the latest update on Coach Clover's buyout?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 02:11:25 PM »
What's the latest update on Coach Clover's buyout?

No change. The masses are still in the dark and/or a part of the conspiracy. It's sitting at around $14 million today.

Chicos was interested in seeing evidence on this matter, but is afraid to email his AD buddy to ask for confirmation. Apparently he limits questions to alleged comments made on private jets and not the more "shocking" and serious stuff.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:34:20 PM »
Don't tell LAZER or TAMU about this, they were psyched up for the kid.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 02:47:18 PM »
Verbal Commits has updated Paul White's interest in us from "none" to "medium."
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
Not losing any sleep over Lammers.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »

Seriously? Psyched up?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »
Not losing any sleep over Lammers.

It's essential that we get Lammers so that Willie can update his complaint from not getting any bigs to not getting any 4 or 5 star bigs.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 09:33:05 AM »
It's essential that we get Lammers so that Willie can update his complaint from not getting any bigs to not getting any 4 or 5 star bigs.
Last I saw, he is 2.5 stars, so if he goes elsewhere, the excusemakers--and they know who they, are can start with the usual litany of excuses.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 10:59:21 AM »
No change. The masses are still in the dark and/or a part of the conspiracy. It's sitting at around $14 million today.

Chicos was interested in seeing evidence on this matter, but is afraid to email his AD buddy to ask for confirmation. Apparently he limits questions to alleged comments made on private jets and not the more "shocking" and serious stuff.

Careful, this has nothing to do with Ben Lammers and Jesu is going to bring the Hall Monitor detention out for you and 4ever as a result.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 12:40:51 PM »

Jay Bee

Did you know Fred Glass, the AD at IU....his dad is a Marquette alumnus?  So is Fred's son....Joe graduated in '10 and is now a law student at IU.  He loves Marquette, has a ton of respect for Marquette.  

As I said, I am happy to give you his email address.  You are the one that came out with the accusations, I feel it is up to you to prove it.  Otherwise we get into the fun game of saying Jay Bee beats his wife...it's true unless you prove it isn't.  That's an age old debating trick that is pointless.  As the accuser, seems to me you need to provide the backup.  IMO.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:47:01 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
You're the one who brought up Glass. I just pointed out that the masses once again got a contract wrong.

There are no accusations. The facts are the facts. You've said many times the information is easy to get...go get it if it's that concerning to you. Fact is Creab's buyout was $16 million last year and now it's around $14 million.

Did your guy Glass infer it was only $8? Yep. My only question has been what do you think of the buyout terms since you were do appalled by Alford/UCLA. Why are you unable to share your thoughts on this?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
You're the one who brought up Glass. I just pointed out that the masses once again got a contract wrong.

There are no accusations. The facts are the facts. You've said many times the information is easy to get...go get it if it's that concerning to you. Fact is Creab's buyout was $16 million last year and now it's around $14 million.

Did your guy Glass infer it was only $8? Yep. My only question has been what do you think of the buyout terms since you were do appalled by Alford/UCLA. Why are you unable to share your thoughts on this?

If they are the facts, produce the document that says so.  That's all I'm asking.  You're saying facts are the facts based on a blog entry...nothing more.  Just provide the proof.  Is that asking too much?  Or you can reach out to Fred Glass directly...he doesn't bite.  He's a Marquette guy, he will answer your question.

As for me bringing Glass up, that's kind of funny....here I thought the thread was about Big Ben Lammers and you and 4evers took it to a contract buyout for the IU coach....again, I expect Lenny, JesuMU, etc to really get nutty about this for "going off topic".  ::)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:58:03 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »
Why would I contact Glass? I already know the facts. You do as well. You've read the article - you know the "shocking" (your word) facts.

If you need to see the contract yourself, go ahead. You've said about five times how it would be "stupid" of multiple people "misleading" because the information is so easily accessible. Go look at it, then.

Or just answer the question.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 02:53:08 PM »
I'm late to this "party"...Can I ask what the big deal is either way, regarding the buyout?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 03:55:25 PM »

OH NO!!!!

Nah I'm cool.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »
So really, anything new on Blammers (Lammers)?
Goal is National Championship

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 06:36:48 PM »
Why would I contact Glass? I already know the facts. You do as well. You've read the article - you know the "shocking" (your word) facts.

If you need to see the contract yourself, go ahead. You've said about five times how it would be "stupid" of multiple people "misleading" because the information is so easily accessible. Go look at it, then.

Or just answer the question.

Once again, since you're going to continue to raise this issue in multiple posts, I'm going to ask you again:  How do you know the actual number isn't $8 million?  How do you know that everyone else is reporting it wrong?   

As before, I'll point out that Chicos makes a very vaild point--on this board all you've cited is an anonymously written blog post (from LateNiteHoops) that cites only one source--a virtually unknown consulting firm (Pleasant Avenue Athletics).

The fact, is, we don't even know that Pleasant Avenue Athletics is a real company. There's no website, there was no person from PAA named in the LNH post, and they haven't been cited or quoted as a source by anyone other than Late Nite Hoops. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »
Once again, since you're going to continue to raise this issue in multiple posts, I'm going to ask you again:  How do you know the actual number isn't $8 million?  How do you know that everyone else is reporting it wrong?   

As before, I'll point out that Chicos makes a very vaild point--on this board all you've cited is an anonymously written blog post (from LateNiteHoops) that cites only one source--a virtually unknown consulting firm (Pleasant Avenue Athletics).

The fact, is, we don't even know that Pleasant Avenue Athletics is a real company. There's no website, there was no person from PAA named in the LNH post, and they haven't been cited or quoted as a source by anyone other than Late Nite Hoops. 

Does Chicos have you on a leash?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 07:45:13 PM »
I'm late to this "party"...Can I ask what the big deal is either way, regarding the buyout?

Chicos went off about he and "other people who work in sports" all thought the UCLA buyout provisions with Alford were ridiculous. (Trevon Bluiett may not agree.)

He went off on those mirrored provisions and said the amount UCLA would pay Alford (while admitting they shouldn't be in a position to want to / need to) for early terminating his contract was too high.

Meanwhile, Indiana quietly restated Crean's deal last November. His buyout provisions, which are not mirrored and greatly favor him, started with a $16 million early buyout fee that he'd receive. I simply asked Crean what he thought about Indiana / Crean terms in light of what his comments on UCLA / Alford.

A comparison of the buyout provisions are here.

His responses have not answered the question, instead talking about wife-beating and other topics that have nothing to do with the Indiana / Crean contract provisions.

Although he emailed the Indiana AD to clear up whether it was true when a message board poster claimed an irrelevant comment was made on a private plane by Crean (unrelated to contracts - something about Zeller maybe?), he will not confirm the contract provisions with the AD.

In addition, Chicos continues to say Indiana would be "stupid" to put out what he characterizes as lies about Crean's contract because it's easy for anyone to obtain the contract and it would quickly be discovered.

Yet, he hasn't obtained the contract himself either.

Traditional media and the masses routinely get facts wrong on what they attempt to report on a regular basis. This is nothing new. He just is having a hard time accepting the truth on this one.

I just want to know if he thinks Indiana's buyout provisions make sense to him since he was so disturbed by the UCLA / Alford deal.

Maybe when the news outlets "with big shiny names" correct their mistakes he'll open up about his thoughts. I wouldn't count on it, however.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »
I'll give this a shot...

Anyone know if Lammers has any sort of timeline for announcement?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 08:50:08 PM »
I'll give this a shot...

No timeline. Wants to take it all in.

Good chance that a week to 10 days from now he's got a 'top 3' and may be ready to commit shortly thereafter. Stanford might be the wild card. I think his interest in them is high; they've got some other things cooking though.

Possible he visits Miami next weekend and is ready to decide.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »
I'll give this a shot...

Before this weekend's visit to Georgia Tech he had scheduled visits to Miami on September 13 and Stanford September 27.   Possibly SLU and Kansas State after that.  

Of course, he can make an early commit at any point, but timeline looks like October for an annoucement.