collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hijack  (Read 46109 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Big Ben Lammers. Update.
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 09:43:40 PM »
Thanks for the info

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 08:37:11 AM »
Chicos went off about he and "other people who work in sports" all thought the UCLA buyout provisions with Alford were ridiculous. (Trevon Bluiett may not agree.)

He went off on those mirrored provisions and said the amount UCLA would pay Alford (while admitting they shouldn't be in a position to want to / need to) for early terminating his contract was too high.

Meanwhile, Indiana quietly restated Crean's deal last November. His buyout provisions, which are not mirrored and greatly favor him, started with a $16 million early buyout fee that he'd receive. I simply asked Crean what he thought about Indiana / Crean terms in light of what his comments on UCLA / Alford.

A comparison of the buyout provisions are here.

His responses have not answered the question, instead talking about wife-beating and other topics that have nothing to do with the Indiana / Crean contract provisions.

Although he emailed the Indiana AD to clear up whether it was true when a message board poster claimed an irrelevant comment was made on a private plane by Crean (unrelated to contracts - something about Zeller maybe?), he will not confirm the contract provisions with the AD.

In addition, Chicos continues to say Indiana would be "stupid" to put out what he characterizes as lies about Crean's contract because it's easy for anyone to obtain the contract and it would quickly be discovered.

Yet, he hasn't obtained the contract himself either.

Traditional media and the masses routinely get facts wrong on what they attempt to report on a regular basis. This is nothing new. He just is having a hard time accepting the truth on this one.

I just want to know if he thinks Indiana's buyout provisions make sense to him since he was so disturbed by the UCLA / Alford deal.

Maybe when the news outlets "with big shiny names" correct their mistakes he'll open up about his thoughts. I wouldn't count on it, however.

Would I be incorrect if I came to the conclusion that you wrote the Late Nite Hoops piece and are the owner of Pleasant Avenue Athletics?   

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »
Would I be incorrect if I came to the conclusion that you wrote the Late Nite Hoops piece and are the owner of Pleasant Avenue Athletics?   

Chicos, why the alter ego....again?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 09:15:37 AM »

Not an alter ego...they are two different people.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2013, 09:33:06 AM »
I'll take your word for it. 

Not like he hasn't done it before. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 10:10:47 AM »

Owned.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »
Not an alter ego...they are two different people.

Hoopaloop and Chico's are, technically, two different people as well.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »
I'll take your word for it. 

Not like he hasn't done it before. 

Actually, no.  I don't know why you and Wadesworld keep thinking Equalizer and I are the same person.  Pretty funny especially since he's been around for a long time. Equalizer has said who he is, not hard to figure out.  He's been a contributor at CS for many years, his name right there for all to see. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2013, 02:45:29 PM »
Does Chicos have you on a leash?

Do you have RealChili on one?   :P

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2013, 03:02:34 PM »
Chicos went off about he and "other people who work in sports" all thought the UCLA buyout provisions with Alford were ridiculous. (Trevon Bluiett may not agree.)    Correct, most of us think it is absurd in the industry and plenty wrote about the absurdity of it in various sports publications.

He went off on those mirrored provisions and said the amount UCLA would pay Alford (while admitting they shouldn't be in a position to want to / need to) for early terminating his contract was too high.   Correct, Alford isn't going anywhere so why the need to have a high payout.  What if he flops?  Why put your school (this is UCLA, not Illinois State) in a position of weakness and a contract that makes you look weak to other programs when there is no outside circumstance that drives it?  It's not like UCLA is on probation or a long term building project that might require something like this.  

Meanwhile, Indiana quietly restated Crean's deal last November. His buyout provisions, which are not mirrored and greatly favor him, started with a $16 million early buyout fee that he'd receive. I simply asked Crean what he thought about Indiana / Crean terms in light of what his comments on UCLA / Alford.   What did Crean say when you asked him?

A comparison of the buyout provisions are here.

His responses have not answered the question, instead talking about wife-beating and other topics that have nothing to do with the Indiana / Crean contract provisions.   I think you didn't understand the analogy.  Just because someone in the internet says it is so, doesn't make it so.  If I were to say you were a wife beater until you prove otherwise, does that make it so?  Just because "late night hoops" says that is the deal, doesn't make it so.  To be fair, I've also said IT COULD BE CORRECT, but I'd like some proof rather than just a blog post.  How about some documents, sources, something?

Although he emailed the Indiana AD to clear up whether it was true when a message board poster claimed an irrelevant comment was made on a private plane by Crean (unrelated to contracts - something about Zeller maybe?), he will not confirm the contract provisions with the AD.   That is correct.  I wanted to put  another (there have been too many to count) ridiculous lie \ rumor to bed.  So I did and I knew it was an easy one because I know who went down to Omaha.  I don't feel the need to email Fred Glass each and every time, on that one I did.  That's my choice.  I've offered you his email address on multiple occasions to prove your theory correct.  I offer it again.

In addition, Chicos continues to say Indiana would be "stupid" to put out what he characterizes as lies about Crean's contract because it's easy for anyone to obtain the contract and it would quickly be discovered.  Correct, it would not be smart for the AD to characterize it falsely, unless that wasn't the case or unless he was referencing something differently.  I don't know the answer to that.

Yet, he hasn't obtained the contract himself either.  Correct, never said otherwise.  Which is why I asked how you \ PAA seems to know the contents of a contract that isn't released yet?  If the numbers are true, then sounds like a law firm or two are sharing content they shouldn't be...assuming that is the source.  That would be the only reason I would contact Glass, to say he's got someone chirping when they shouldn't.  Neverthless, without documentation that exists is it not a fair question to ask the authenticity of the blog post?  Again, as stated several times, the blog post might be 100% accurate, but I'd like a little proof behind it.

Traditional media and the masses routinely get facts wrong on what they attempt to report on a regular basis. This is nothing new. He just is having a hard time accepting the truth on this one.  They sure do.  In accepting the truth, why can't I be given some evidence it is truthful?  Why is that such an outrageous ask or is it simply "trust me"?

I just want to know if he thinks Indiana's buyout provisions make sense to him since he was so disturbed by the UCLA / Alford deal.   I know UCLAs buyout provisions because they have been publicly stated and recognized by both parties.  Only one source on planet earth says the IU one is different than what has been reported.  Let's assume you and PAA (the same entity?) are accurate, would they make sense to me?  No...not today.  Would they make sense to me 5 years ago?  Absolutely.  School in deep trouble, no players, bad academic performance, drug scandals, etc...yeah, I would want to know the guy I'm hiring is locked in for a number of years not short change things.  UCLA isn't in that situation.

Maybe when the news outlets "with big shiny names" correct their mistakes he'll open up about his thoughts. I wouldn't count on it, however.  Maybe they will.  Sounds like you have some great information, data, sources....maybe the contract itself.  Why not share it?  Until then, those shiny names and everyone else can only comment on what is truly out there.  You may be 100% correct...again.  A little evidence would go a long way.

Above

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2013, 04:36:32 PM »
Chicos - next time you can save the nonsense, lies and b.s. and simply respond, "sorry, I'm not comfortable answering your question."

Perhaps if and when you ever feel you have enough proof, you'll answer the question. I'm sure you'll have reasons why you think it's no big deal at all, so if you want to just offer those up now then we'd be all set.

Also, just a heads up. When you read articles and blog posts that are published by "NBC", "ESPN" or countless other names which seem to carry a lot of weight in your mind, much of what you are reading is factually and materially incorrect.

I think it's fine for you to question everyone. And I actually understand why you'd be weary of believing LNH since you think it's "stupid of Indiana" to have said what they said.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2013, 04:49:27 PM »
Do you have RealChili on one?   :P

I don't know.  Does RealChili continuously answer questions directed at me for me?  I haven't noticed it, but maybe he does.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2013, 07:01:23 PM »
I don't know.  Does RealChili continuously answer questions directed at me for me?  I haven't noticed it, but maybe he does.

I haven't noticed either.  ::)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2013, 07:25:04 PM »
Chicos - next time you can save the nonsense, lies and b.s. and simply respond, "sorry, I'm not comfortable answering your question."

Perhaps if and when you ever feel you have enough proof, you'll answer the question. I'm sure you'll have reasons why you think it's no big deal at all, so if you want to just offer those up now then we'd be all set.

Also, just a heads up. When you read articles and blog posts that are published by "NBC", "ESPN" or countless other names which seem to carry a lot of weight in your mind, much of what you are reading is factually and materially incorrect.

I think it's fine for you to question everyone. And I actually understand why you'd be weary of believing LNH since you think it's "stupid of Indiana" to have said what they said.

I'd be happy with just one piece of proof, let alone "enough proof".  When you have some, please share. That's all anyone is asking for and that's a fair ask. Thanks.

Sincerely

Chico, Gary Parrish (CBS Sports), Matt Norlander (CBS Sports), Myron Medcalf (ESPN), Eamonn Brennan (ESPN), Andy Glockner (Sports Illustrated), Scott Gleeson (USA Today Sports), Ken Bensinger (Los Angeles Times), Jeff Eisenberg (Yahoo Sports)

PS  Lane Kiffin...imagine if USC had given him that kind of buyout a few years ago and how completely screwed they would be now...this is why you don't do those kind of buyout contracts that handcuff your university IMO.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:12:08 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2013, 07:28:07 PM »

Wasn't Equalizer's response to Jay Bee ....directed at HIM for HIM and you answered it anyway....asking if I have him on a leash?   P.M.K.

netty24

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »
Good to see that yet another thread has dissolved into a pissing match. This site has turned into 3% useful information, 97% irrelevant pissing matches. Can we please not act like unnatural carnal knowledgeing eight year olds? Jesus Christ

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
Jay Bee

Maybe you can help me with this one.  In your Late Night Hoops article on Steve Alford's contract it lays out the following:

http://latenighthoops.com/crean-buyout/#.Ui5lmJzxzTo

This is correct and can be verified with Article 5.2 of Alford's contract:

There is reserved to Coach the right to terminate this Agreement at any time by providing written notice to
the Director. Such termination by Coach must occur, however, at a time outside the Men's Basketball playing season or the Men's Basket ball recruiting season as defined by the NCAA, with the exception of the thirty (30) days immediately following the last regularly scheduled game of the Men's Basketball season in the calendar year in which Coach so terminates this Agreement, so as to minimize the impact of such termination upon UCLA's Men's Basketball program. Exceptions to this provision can be approved only with the prior,
express written agreement of the Director. Upon termination by Coach, all future rights and obligations between the parties under this Agreement shall cease; with the exception that, in the event Coach terminates prior to April 30, 2020, Coach termination, or "buyout," amount shall be:

I. $10,400,000 if prior to April 30, 2016;
II. $7,800,000 if prior to April 30, 2017;
III. $5,200,000 if prior to April 30, 2018; and
IV. $2,600,000 if prior to April 30, 2019.

That comes directly from the contract...that's good, solid evidence.  I don't think it is B.S., lies or anything out of the ordinary to ask for similar evidence for the other contract.  Not sure why you disagree. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »

everyone knows that equalizer is really joanie crean.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2013, 09:02:40 PM »
Wasn't Equalizer's response to Jay Bee ....directed at HIM for HIM and you answered it anyway....asking if I have him on a leash?   P.M.K.

No, Equilizers response was to Jaybees questions directed towards you.  This is the third time where someone has quoted you, responded to you, and asked you questions, and Equilizer has responded.  Very different than someone having the same opinion as someone and stating it.  But if you think the two situations are the same then so be it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »
Thread lock odds now approaching 2 to 1.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2013, 09:13:52 PM »
How 'bout that Ben Lammers?
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »
So how about ben?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, 09:39:14 PM »
Yeah, back to the topic I came in to see...I always thought it weird how they add and update interest level.  Just seems weird, and even a little creepy.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »
So how about ben?

I don't think he's coming.  No inside info., that's just the way I read the tea leaves.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2013, 09:50:13 PM »
Maybe he wants to play for a grandpa, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"