collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Some Keefe commentary  (Read 16494 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Sandy Cohen Commits
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2013, 12:36:05 AM »
This nothing but a bs fish story till you post some pics in the fishing thread.

The fishing was superb. As was the evening chatter, cohibas, Alaskan Amber, single malt, and camaraderie. We ate like kings and slayed our share of fish. A good time was had by all.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2013, 12:40:51 AM »
I can't wait.  Looking forward to no internet, good family time, no calls from the office or programmers.  Just some clean air, nature and fun.

Jamie

Call me when you get back from Alaska. I know of a Vulcan/Paul Allen opportunity that may have some traction for you.

Crash

Death on call

Coleman

• All American
Re: Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 09:27:03 AM »
While pedantic at times, he is seldom dull. I for one saw nothing racist in the New Yorker post and place people whose panties got in a wad with those scolds who feel obliged to find criticism in the least thing. I lament that we have lost the ability to laugh at ourselves and some take umbrage at the most trivial of items.

+a million

Welcome back Keefe. You were missed.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
Jamie

Call me when you get back from Alaska. I know of a Vulcan/Paul Allen opportunity that may have some traction for you.

Crash

Chicos, I gotta ask....in your linkedin photo, is that a picture of you and hoopaloop at the famous backyard beer summit?   ;)

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 03:22:12 PM »
Don't know what happened between you and Keefe, but I think it speaks volumes that so many posters are in touch with him off line and think so well of him.  As for recruits or parents of same, don't you think that the Cohen's have been following Scoop for a while now, not just during the last few weeks of Sandy's recruitment/commitment process?  Doesn't seem to have impacted the process and I'm sure they and other potentials are wise enough to know that every fan base has a diverse population. As for your last paragraph, hyperbole r you.

I'm a parent of a 2013 recruit and I discovered muscoop while investigating the school and nothing I read on the site caused me any hesitation with Marquette University.  I was entertained with some of the characters here, including Keefe, but since my daughter isn't playing on the men's basketball team, the opinionated criticisms were just fun to read.  I also had a few PM's with him and I found him to be the kind of guy I'd enjoy having some liquor with.  This site, along with the alumni in my area far from Wisconsin, did clue me in on the great reputation the school has had with parents and grads, so in that sense the site helped me realize the school could be a special place for my kid.    Plus when I posted a couple months ago for places to go and things to do during Freshman move-in, I got great suggestions from the regulars and I got to say Keefe was very helpful. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2013, 04:00:31 PM »
I love me some Keefe, but would prefer if he used cartoons from playboy.  preferrably, not ones that he cuts and pastes from his personal collection.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »
I'm a parent of a 2013 recruit and I discovered muscoop while investigating the school and nothing I read on the site caused me any hesitation with Marquette University.  I was entertained with some of the characters here, including Keefe, but since my daughter isn't playing on the men's basketball team, the opinionated criticisms were just fun to read.  I also had a few PM's with him and I found him to be the kind of guy I'd enjoy having some liquor with.  This site, along with the alumni in my area far from Wisconsin, did clue me in on the great reputation the school has had with parents and grads, so in that sense the site helped me realize the school could be a special place for my kid.    Plus when I posted a couple months ago for places to go and things to do during Freshman move-in, I got great suggestions from the regulars and I got to say Keefe was very helpful. 

What's wrong with MUBill's counter?  How can someone have zero posts?
Have some patience, FFS.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »
Superbar posts don't count.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
Superbar posts don't count.

It was the CBB clause from the conversion over from the old rivals board.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »
It was the CBB clause from the conversion over from the old rivals board.

Those were the good old days.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »
Big fan of Keefe. I find his sharing of life experiences in his posts to be quite refreshing. I did not realize he had been banned and actually regret not being up to speed on the cause of the ban. The man has lived an amazing life and is a good man.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »
Likewise. It's very cool to be able to see and act upon the "greatest good for the greatest number." Plus, most of us don't got nearly the command of da English language that he's got, hey?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:27:15 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU86NC

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2013, 10:20:09 PM »
how do you ban the banners?.. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2013, 10:46:34 PM »
Likewise. It's very cool to be able to see and act upon the "greatest good for the greatest number." Plus, most of us don't got nearly the command of da English language that he's got, hey?

I know that last sentence was in jest, but reading that nearly destroyed parts of my brain.  Well done.  It is hard to write a sentence that poorly.

feedback