collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by Viper
[Today at 07:44:25 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Some Keefe commentary  (Read 16493 times)

barfolomew

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:05:34 PM »
Don't know about the ban, but it has been an extreme pleasure not having him post with his clutered attachments, pictorials, and life experiences in each instance.

But now I have to subscribe to the New Yorker to get all those cartoons...
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
Can somebody "enlighten" me as to why Keefe was banned?

Avenue Commons

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
Don't know about the ban, but it has been an extreme pleasure not having him post with his clutered attachments, pictorials, and life experiences in each instance.

Keefe is a great poster. I think he brings a lot to the board, really smart guy with a lot of business acumen and historical knowledge.
We Are Marquette

ATWizJr

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 01:56:51 PM »
Keefe is a great poster. I think he brings a lot to the board, really smart guy with a lot of business acumen and historical knowledge.
Totally agree.  Don't know the specifics and haven't asked, but I can't imagine that he did something heinous enough to cause a suspension/ban.  Have always found his points well founded and his arguments well thought out.  Maybe too cerebral for some on this board.  Hope this absence, if forced, is temporary.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 10:36:18 PM »

I was pretty sure this was the reason...thought he was going back in due to the shortage

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/26/air-force-facing-fighter-pilot-shortage-offers-retention-bonuses-up-to-225000/

real chili 83

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 09:05:59 AM »
Speculation is that Keefe is serving time in scoop jail.   ;)

I hear Chicos gave Keefe the lowdown on how to pass the time during a scoop time out.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 09:10:29 AM »
Speculation is that Keefe is serving time in scoop jail.   ;)

I hear Chicos gave Keefe the lowdown on how to pass the time during a scoop time out.
Been in Scoop jail several times myself. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 09:41:42 AM »
Totally agree.  Don't know the specifics and haven't asked, but I can't imagine that he did something heinous enough to cause a suspension/ban.  Have always found his points well founded and his arguments well thought out.  Maybe too cerebral for some on this board.  Hope this absence, if forced, is temporary.

Too cerebral? Are you freaking kidding me? keefe is the type of poster that gives this site a bad name. He posts racist propaganda, from Nazi pics to anti-Native American pics in the Cohen thread, then hides behind the "Oh, it's okay because it's historical, it's classy because it was in the New Yorker" line of garbage. His presence brings Scoop down to the level of the Badger boards. The stuff he posted in the Cohen threads is the type of drivel that can legitimately drive recruits away. And before anyone says "Oh, those are the types of recruits we don't want anyway" consider how you would feel if the fans of a school you were interested in were casting racist epithets your way as you consider whether or not that's where you want to spend 4 years of your life.

Anyone that thinks posting a string of Hitler pictures on this site isn't the kind of stuff that can give Marquette, its fans, and MUScoop a bad name with recruits and their parents is an idiot. If I saw the kind of stuff keefe posted on here and the mods didn't take action I would certainly assume that not only did that Marquette fan feel racist propaganda was perfectly fine but obviously others agree with him by their lack of censoring him.

On his best days he came across as a troll, on his worst days he came across as a hate-monger. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope he's gone permanently.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »
Too cerebral? Are you freaking kidding me? keefe is the type of poster that gives this site a bad name. He posts racist propaganda, from Nazi pics to anti-Native American pics in the Cohen thread, then hides behind the "Oh, it's okay because it's historical, it's classy because it was in the New Yorker" line of garbage. His presence brings Scoop down to the level of the Badger boards. The stuff he posted in the Cohen threads is the type of drivel that can legitimately drive recruits away. And before anyone says "Oh, those are the types of recruits we don't want anyway" consider how you would feel if the fans of a school you were interested in were casting racist epithets your way as you consider whether or not that's where you want to spend 4 years of your life.

Anyone that thinks posting a string of Hitler pictures on this site isn't the kind of stuff that can give Marquette, its fans, and MUScoop a bad name with recruits and their parents is an idiot. If I saw the kind of stuff keefe posted on here and the mods didn't take action I would certainly assume that not only did that Marquette fan feel racist propaganda was perfectly fine but obviously others agree with him by their lack of censoring him.

On his best days he came across as a troll, on his worst days he came across as a hate-monger. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope he's gone permanently.
Wow!  Please don't go the Florida, Florida, Florida thread...if what Keefe posted bothers you this much, some of the comments in there will make your head explode. 

Litehouse

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 10:00:29 AM »
Hey mods, any way we can cut this Keefe crap out of here?  Maybe make a keefe thread in the super bar?  It's a shame he'll ruin yet another thread about a great recruit, despite not even posting in it.  A top 100 kid from WI commits, and it devolves into this.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 10:14:24 AM »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

🏀

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
Wow!  Please don't go the Florida, Florida, Florida thread...if what Keefe posted bothers you this much, some of the comments in there will make your head explode. 

Apparently the difference between a thread in regards to a potential recruit and making light of his ethnicity and a Superbar thread in regards to a polarizing issue is 'too cerebral' for you.

avid1010

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »
did he make light of the trayvon martin murder with a geraldo type hoodie comment?   if you don't get banned for that crap, feel free to take me off this board as well...

ATWizJr

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »
did he make light of the trayvon martin murder with a geraldo type hoodie comment?   if you don't get banned for that crap, feel free to take me off this board as well...
 The what is applicable speech standards on this board are higher than those of network television?  Puhleeze!  Lighten up.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 12:32:06 PM »

Wow. This is the most hate filled personal assault I've ever seen on Scoop. Don't like humor about certain topics? Your prerogative, but please spare us the self righteous, book burnin', hang em high rants.

Like all of us, Keefe has his warts, but from what I've read he has more creativity than anyone on this board. He's smart, accomplished, interesting, courageous and sometimes outrageous. If that makes you angry, fine. But don't paint him with your one dimensional broad brush. It only makes you look small.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 12:36:37 PM »

Agreed.  Not to mention the next post he makes about basketball will be his first one.

Nukem2

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 12:37:58 PM »
Wow. This is the most hate filled personal assault I've ever seen on Scoop. Don't like humor about certain topics? Your prerogative, but please spare us the self righteous, book burnin', hang em high rants.

Like all of us, Keefe has his warts, but from what I've read he has more creativity than anyone on this board. He's smart, accomplished, interesting, courageous and sometimes outrageous. If that makes you angry, fine. But don't paint him with your one dimensional broad brush. It only makes you look small.
Sorry, but some of his posts in the deleted Cohen thread were simply awful.  Obviously the mods saw the light in deleting that thread.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »
Sorry, but some of his posts in the deleted Cohen thread were simply awful.  Obviously the mods saw the light in deleting that thread.

I agree with this as well.  It was if he flipped out or something because they were way over the top.

Pakuni

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 12:47:20 PM »
Sorry, but some of his posts in the deleted Cohen thread were simply awful.  Obviously the mods saw the light in deleting that thread.

Agreed.
Nothing against keefe - if not-funny-when-they-were-first-published New Yorker cartoons are your thing, he's your man.
But his insistence on posting racial caricatures then claiming it's totes cool because he's making an important point makes this place look awful at times.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 01:07:30 PM »
Apparently the difference between a thread in regards to a potential recruit and making light of his ethnicity and a Superbar thread in regards to a polarizing issue is 'too cerebral' for you.
So, it only reflects poorly on the university if racist comments/pictures are posted in a thread about a recruit?  Otherwise such comments, etc. are ok?  Interesting stance.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 06:01:02 PM »

Sorry. Am I supposed to kiss the ass of the guy that posted more Nazi propaganda and swastikas than all other Scoopers combined because it was historical? I'm sorry if it's all coming out at once. I honestly tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but just because you have traveled the world and served our country doesn't change the simple truth that a racist jerk is a racist jerk.

I tried. I really did. If you feel I'm being high and mighty, well...I guess you never read one of keefe's posts. He gives Marquette fans a bad name. You may not believe that, but I guarantee you it's true, and I guarantee the Nazi propaganda and racist New Yorker comics he passes off as "funny" don't go unnoticed by recruits and their parents.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 08:13:37 PM »
It was bad enough posting what he posted. But what really irritated me was when he was asked to delete it he argued why he should not have to delete it. Consequently he was justly deleted.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 08:38:50 PM »

Actually, the two worst "hate filled personal assaults" I've ever read on MUScoop were made by keefe early on in his posting history.  To his credit, keefe moved away from those types of posts.  I do remember brewcity being the target of some first rate vitriol in one of these early keefe posts, however.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Sandy Cohen Commits
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 08:54:27 PM »
Actually, the two worst "hate filled personal assaults" I've ever read on MUScoop were made by keefe early on in his posting history.  To his credit, keefe moved away from those types of posts.  I do remember brewcity being the target of some first rate vitriol in one of these early keefe posts, however.

Yeah, but keefe/warthog/whatever has done that crap over and over (and gets banned each time). Some people aren't mature enough to handle the anonymity of the Internet and treat others with respect.

On another topic, I'm looking forward to Sandy's hair! :)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Some Keefe commentary
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 09:03:02 PM »
Hey mods, any way we can cut this Keefe crap out of here?  Maybe make a keefe thread in the super bar?  It's a shame he'll ruin yet another thread about a great recruit, despite not even posting in it.  A top 100 kid from WI commits, and it devolves into this.

Yes.

And FYI, it was a 7 day ban that has already expired.