collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443814 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #1550 on: December 15, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »
Just stop. Youre not a Bears fan and youre just being obnoxious. I dont comment on Packers personel decisions.

How dare someone comment on the Bears in a thread entitled "2013 NFC North/NFL Thread."

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #1551 on: December 15, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
Loves to turn the ball over. I would take a much physically less gifted quarterback who values the football over Jay. Turnovers are death in the NFL, and nobody turns it over better than Jay Cutler.

McCown >>> Cutler

And yes I realize Cutler's physical tools >>> McCown's physical tools.

Please resign him. And please play him against the Pack.

I'm assuming you are not watching the game.  Albeit he's rusty (not completely healthy?), but both the INT's were tipped off Marshall's fingers.  The second pass was poor as it sailed on him with the wind.  This is too small of a sample size yet.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1552 on: December 15, 2013, 01:45:57 PM »
Shocked how bad Eagles have been today, tons to play for.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1553 on: December 15, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »
Shocked how bad Eagles have been today, tons to play for.

Matt Cassell having a career day today.  He is absolutely picking the Eagles apart.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:11:32 PM by real chili 83 »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1554 on: December 15, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »
You going to blame that fumble on Cutler too?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1555 on: December 15, 2013, 02:19:27 PM »
Josh Gordon has been invisible in this one...so far. That's a little scary for the Bears.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1556 on: December 15, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
You going to blame that fumble on Cutler too?

Yeah you mad.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1557 on: December 15, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »
Eagles are getting their lunch eaten by Cassell and the Vikes.

Wonder if the Vikes d can hold up.

Vikes missing top two running backs and most of their starting secondary.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:10:52 PM by real chili 83 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1558 on: December 15, 2013, 03:08:30 PM »
Same old jay

https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/status/412325132003078147

(see, I can make short sighted comments too)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1559 on: December 15, 2013, 03:22:17 PM »
Same old jay

https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/status/412325132003078147

(see, I can make short sighted comments too)

So you're OK with 3 touchdowns to 2 interceptions? I guess with Jay Cutler as your quarterback you have to be, but you aren't going to play the Browns 16 games a year. The only way "Same old Jay" was short sighted was that Jay actually improved on his career touchdown to turnover ratio by going for 3 touchdowns with 2 interceptions. That's not good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1560 on: December 15, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »
Interesting game. Cutler provided ammo for both anti-Cutler people and pro-Cutler people. He had 2 picks and a few other poorly thrown balls, but was outstanding on 3rd down and got the win. He forced passes that McCown wouldn't have, but led a comeback which McCown hadn't done.

A win for the Bears and for sports talk radio!

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #1561 on: December 15, 2013, 03:38:57 PM »
See my post above.  The INT's came off two Marshall's tips and at the start when Cutler showed some rust.  If Rodgers plays again this season, I'd be shocked if he doesn't have rust in the first half... especially if it's a windy 10 degree road game.  

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #1562 on: December 15, 2013, 03:44:14 PM »
Next week at Philly should be pretty telling for Cutler.  I imagine Trestman/Cutler learned quite a bit today about any leaks Jay may have in his game in regard to the past injuries.  That sick grab by Alshon should build more confidence/chemistry with Cutler like he has with Marshall.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1563 on: December 15, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
So you're OK with 3 touchdowns to 2 interceptions? I guess with Jay Cutler as your quarterback you have to be, but you aren't going to play the Browns 16 games a year. The only way "Same old Jay" was short sighted was that Jay actually improved on his career touchdown to turnover ratio by going for 3 touchdowns with 2 interceptions. That's not good.

I know hou want to vilify Cutler, but by no means was he terrible today, not close. He wasn't 100%, had one ball clearly tipped for a pick. I'm not sure why you feel the need to call him out, they even won.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1564 on: December 15, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »
McCarthy is not good at all.  Usually when a team goes into a game without theirs starting quarterback the head coach adjusts his game plans to get the backup quarterback some easy completions early and get comfortable.  Usually it's a quick drop back and it opens up some running lanes for the running back as well.  Instead Mike decides to do some deep drops while Dallas continues to blitz and get in Flynn's face and Flynn fails to get the ball out.  I get that the offensive line needs to be able to protect Flynn better, but come on.  It's not hard to figure out the Cowboys are going to be coming with heat, why are we dropping Flynn back 10 yards deep on first down?  Then inevitably 2nd down is a screen or draw because it's really the only option and the defense knows that so it's 3rd and 25 and we just get 5 yards of room for the punter to get a punt off.  It's unbelievable.  How do you not come in with something different by this point after going 1-4-1 over the last 6 weeks?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1565 on: December 15, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »
I know hou want to vilify Cutler, but by no means was he terrible today, not close. He wasn't 100%, had one ball clearly tipped for a pick. I'm not sure why you feel the need to call him out, they even won.

Because hes a bitter Packer fan thats upset they dont have a good backup.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1566 on: December 15, 2013, 04:35:18 PM »
Because hes a bitter Packer fan thats upset they dont have a good backup.

Bitter about what?  I accepted that the Packers were going to miss the Playoffs after the Lions game.  The fact that the Lions and Bears kept the Packers in the Playoff hunt this long is amazing to me.  It's college basketball season for me.  I have nothing to be bitter about.  2 Super Bowls and a lifetime of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers is much better than any Bears fan (or anyone other than the Patriots really) can say in my quarter of a century on this planet.

Let me ask you this, do you really think Jay Cutler is a good quarterback in the NFL?  I'm not asking if he's a physically gifted quarterback.  I'm asking if he's a good NFL quarterback.  Before you answer that, consider the fact that he has nearly 20 more turnovers than he has touchdowns in his career.  Also keep in mind he has made the Playoffs a total of 1 time in his career.  Are those credentials of a good NFL quarterback?  If so, then maybe I am truly just bitter...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:37:50 PM by wadesworld »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1567 on: December 15, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »
McCarthy is not good at all.  Usually when a team goes into a game without theirs starting quarterback the head coach adjusts his game plans to get the backup quarterback some easy completions early and get comfortable.  Usually it's a quick drop back and it opens up some running lanes for the running back as well.  Instead Mike decides to do some deep drops while Dallas continues to blitz and get in Flynn's face and Flynn fails to get the ball out.  I get that the offensive line needs to be able to protect Flynn better, but come on.  It's not hard to figure out the Cowboys are going to be coming with heat, why are we dropping Flynn back 10 yards deep on first down?  Then inevitably 2nd down is a screen or draw because it's really the only option and the defense knows that so it's 3rd and 25 and we just get 5 yards of room for the punter to get a punt off.  It's unbelievable.  How do you not come in with something different by this point after going 1-4-1 over the last 6 weeks?

Don't worry, we have Garrett.  Cowboys running all over the Packers.  Intercept the ball, up 16-3 and what do the Cowboys do....3 straight passes, including a sack.  That's the brilliance of our staff.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1568 on: December 15, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »
McCarthy is not good at all.  Usually when a team goes into a game without theirs starting quarterback the head coach adjusts his game plans to get the backup quarterback some easy completions early and get comfortable.  Usually it's a quick drop back and it opens up some running lanes for the running back as well.  Instead Mike decides to do some deep drops while Dallas continues to blitz and get in Flynn's face and Flynn fails to get the ball out.  I get that the offensive line needs to be able to protect Flynn better, but come on.  It's not hard to figure out the Cowboys are going to be coming with heat, why are we dropping Flynn back 10 yards deep on first down?  Then inevitably 2nd down is a screen or draw because it's really the only option and the defense knows that so it's 3rd and 25 and we just get 5 yards of room for the punter to get a punt off.  It's unbelievable.  How do you not come in with something different by this point after going 1-4-1 over the last 6 weeks?

Because the Cowboys are pressing the receivers making the short game very difficult.  They are going deep because thats what the defense is giving them.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1569 on: December 15, 2013, 04:45:17 PM »
Don't worry, we have Garrett.  Cowboys running all over the Packers.  Intercept the ball, up 16-3 and what do the Cowboys do....3 straight passes, including a sack.  That's the brilliance of our staff.

Very true.  At one point Murray had 7 rushes for 77 yards and they threw the ball 7 straight times and had to punt.  But at least they're getting 7 plays in before punting, whereas the Packers may pick up a first down on their first play of the drive, but then it's 3 and out from there at best.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1570 on: December 15, 2013, 04:47:53 PM »
Yes, I truly think Cutler is a good NFL quarterback. For every 1 Cutler you have Gabbert, Quinn, Orton, Tebow, Krenzel, Campbell etc. Finding a guy like Cutler is rare.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1571 on: December 15, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
Very true.  At one point Murray had 7 rushes for 77 yards and they threw the ball 7 straight times and had to punt.  But at least they're getting 7 plays in before punting, whereas the Packers may pick up a first down on their first play of the drive, but then it's 3 and out from there at best.

I've seen the Cowboys this year only run it 9 times the entire game....3 times in a half.  It is mindboggling to me, absolutely mindboggling.

brandx

« Reply #1572 on: December 15, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »
So what exactly would Capers have to do to get fired?

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #1573 on: December 15, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »
Bitter about what?  I accepted that the Packers were going to miss the Playoffs after the Lions game.  The fact that the Lions and Bears kept the Packers in the Playoff hunt this long is amazing to me.  It's college basketball season for me.  I have nothing to be bitter about.  2 Super Bowls and a lifetime of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers is much better than any Bears fan (or anyone other than the Patriots really) can say in my quarter of a century on this planet.

Let me ask you this, do you really think Jay Cutler is a good quarterback in the NFL?  I'm not asking if he's a physically gifted quarterback.  I'm asking if he's a good NFL quarterback.  Before you answer that, consider the fact that he has nearly 20 more turnovers than he has touchdowns in his career.  Also keep in mind he has made the Playoffs a total of 1 time in his career.  Are those credentials of a good NFL quarterback?  If so, then maybe I am truly just bitter...

After a rant like that...you sound a little bitter ;)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1574 on: December 15, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »
After a rant like that...you sound a little bitter ;)

If I was making up facts to make Cutler look bad then maybe you'd have a point.  But has Cutler made the Playoffs more than once in his career?  Does Cutler have more turnovers than touchdowns in his career?