[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 439700 times)

jesmu84

• All American
2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« on: July 29, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »
Eddy Lacy showed up to camp in shape... (full disclosure, i really liked the pick for the pack)

Before:

After:

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »
Eddy Lacy showed up to camp in shape... (full disclosure, i really liked the pick for the pack)

Before:

After:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22933965/watch-thats-not-really-bj-raji-dressed-up-as-eddie-lacy

Looks fine to me.  He's a big back.  That's what makes him effective.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 06:48:32 PM »
That pic is not accuarate at all. Lacy is in shape.

NavinRJohnson

• All American

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 08:13:45 PM »
Greg Jennings & The Consensus Vikings!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »
Yep, Vikings finally got a  receiver. Now they just need a QB.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 08:31:28 PM »

And some defensive backs.

Then again, so do the Pack
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »

We've got him. Matt Cassel.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »
We've got him. Matt Cassel.

Worked out great for Kansas City.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 10:55:50 PM »
Rumor has it that the Bears will be trying something they haven't done before on offense, playing with an offensive line.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 04:19:31 PM »
My prediction is Aaron Rodgers wins MVP but Giants win Super Bowl, again! NFC North is second fiddle to NFC East.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 06:43:07 PM »
At least one wild card team comes out of the Central.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 07:52:23 PM »
At least one wild card team comes out of the Central.

New division?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
My prediction is Aaron Rodgers wins MVP but Giants win Super Bowl, again! NFC North is second fiddle to NFC East.

Hahaha. NFC East is a complete joke. Having said that, the Giants do match up better with the Packers than most and have in recent years. But as a whole the East is the worst in the NFC.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 09:11:13 AM »
Hahaha. NFC East is a complete joke. Having said that, the Giants do match up better with the Packers than most and have in recent years. But as a whole the East is the worst in the NFC.

You should be a comedian. Two Super Bowls to one in recent years. Eli and RG3 compared to Aaron and "I'll never win a Super Bowl because I choke and start throwing interceptions" Cutler.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
You should be a comedian. Two Super Bowls to one in recent years. Eli and RG3 compared to Aaron and "I'll never win a Super Bowl because I choke and start throwing interceptions" Cutler.

2 Super Bowls by the same team. Having 1 good team doesn't make a division good. Otherwise you could say the AFC East is the best division since the turn of the century. It's not.

Let me know when someone besides the Giants does anything in the Playoffs and maybe we can start talking then.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »
2 Super Bowls by the same team. Having 1 good team doesn't make a division good. Otherwise you could say the AFC East is the best division since the turn of the century. It's not.

Let me know when someone besides the Giants does anything in the Playoffs and maybe we can start talking then.

Let me know when someone other than Green Bay wins something!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
Let me know when someone other than Green Bay wins something!

The Bears were in the NFC Championship game in 2010 and the Super Bowl not long before then. Last time the Skins, Boys, or Eagles were in either of those places? It's been a while.

Since 2010 guess which division in the NFC hasn't sent 2 or more teams to the Playoffs in any single year? That's right, the East has sent just 1 team to the Playoffs in each of the last 3 (maybe more, didn't look). Every other division has sent at least 2 in at least 1 of those years. The NFC North has sent at least 2 in every one of those years.

The NFC East is a joke.

North and West are both good, South is average.

East sucks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-05-13/nfc-east-leagues-toughest-division-last-five-seasons-by-far

So flawed it's incredible. If every division played the exact same non-division schedule every year then you could use the first 2 categories.

The third category is legit. They went with 5 years which I have no problem with. But in the last 3 years that trend has basically reversed, with the East being the worst in the NFC.

And again the last 3 are all based on 1 team for the East. 1 team being good does not make a division good.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:55:41 PM by wadesworld »

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
I'm looking for the Bears to win 11 games this year.  Major upgrades on the offensive line, paired with an offensive guru like Trestman will translate into at least one more win than last year.  The defense is aging, but will still be effective.  Losing Urlacher will really hurt from a leadership standpoint, but he was a shell of himself last year.  The new guy filling in for him, DJ Williams very well may be a better player at this point in his career than a 36 year old Urlacher.  The Cutler to Marshall tandem will be lethal, and they finally got a tight end who can actually catch the ball.  Forte will be solid again, and Alshon Jeffery should be able to compliment Marshall nicely in the passing game.  Go Bears

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 08:29:38 PM »
I'm looking for the Bears to win 11 games this year.  Major upgrades on the offensive line, paired with an offensive guru like Trestman will translate into at least one more win than last year.  The defense is aging, but will still be effective.  Losing Urlacher will really hurt from a leadership standpoint, but he was a shell of himself last year.  The new guy filling in for him, DJ Williams very well may be a better player at this point in his career than a 36 year old Urlacher.  The Cutler to Marshall tandem will be lethal, and they finally got a tight end who can actually catch the ball.  Forte will be solid again, and Alshon Jeffery should be able to compliment Marshall nicely in the passing game.  Go Bears

Look to be let down then.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 10:26:08 PM »
So flawed it's incredible. If every division played the exact same non-division schedule every year then you could use the first 2 categories.

The third category is legit. They went with 5 years which I have no problem with. But in the last 3 years that trend has basically reversed, with the East being the worst in the NFC.

And again the last 3 are all based on 1 team for the East. 1 team being good does not make a division good.

Don't hate, appreciate! NFC East is the toughest and they will prove it again this year.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 08:44:18 AM »
Brutal blow for Pack.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 08:51:55 AM »
Brutal blow for Pack.

??

What did I miss?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

feedback