[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 439748 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
You sound like an idiot.

MUDish is entirely spot on, as he usually is with the NFL.

It's much more than a setback, as the offensive line plan is completely altered. Any team losing an OL is a significant loss, quality linemen aren't available off the back of a truck.

Ah, name calling.  The last resort and lowest form of "debate".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 07:10:10 PM »

Says the guy who called MUDish "ignorant."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »

I'll rephrase it.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Losing a 1st round draft pick OL lineman that was 50% of an entire blocking scheme redesign is more than a setback. If this happened in Chicago, Mully would be losing his mind tomorrow morning.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 08:07:51 PM »

Says the guy who called MUDish "ignorant."
  Think you better reread that, chief.  You got it backwards.  Are you big enough to admit it and apologize?  We'll see. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
  Think you better reread that, chief.  You got it backwards.  Are you big enough to admit it and apologize?  We'll see. 

Yeah you are right.  Sorry.  (But Dish was still right about you being ignorant.)

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2013, 08:55:08 PM »

Yeah you are right.  Sorry.  (But Dish was still right about you being ignorant.)

Ah, name calling.  The lowest form of "debate".  I guess your lack of reading comprehension is the natural result of having a limited vocabulary.  Bet you like the pictures, though.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2013, 09:29:17 PM »
All this name calling and bickering between fans, I love it. Where every observation is perceived as a put down or diss, and all 4 fan bases have visions of a division title. I am ready for some football.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2013, 07:06:54 AM »

Ah, name calling.  The lowest form of "debate".  I guess your lack of reading comprehension is the natural result of having a limited vocabulary.  Bet you like the pictures, though.

nm....this is a stupid debate
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:14:34 AM by Terror Skink »

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2013, 07:57:07 AM »
I'll rephrase it.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Losing a 1st round draft pick OL lineman that was 50% of an entire blocking scheme redesign is more than a setback. If this happened in Chicago, Mully would be losing his mind tomorrow morning.

You are over stating it, maybe wishful thinking on your part.  It is just a set back and nothing more. If you think the team is going to go into the fetal position over losing a guy they didn’t have for 9 games last year anyway you are mistaken. If you think the Bulaga injury turns the Packers into an 8-8 team you are mistaken. The Packers under McCarthy and Thompson have shown that they do very well at over- coming more significant injuries than this.  The offensive line will still be better than last year and that was good enough to beat the Bears twice.  

The most likely scenario will be Bakhtiari at left tackle and Newhouse at right tackle unless Bakhtiari really tanks in the pre-season games.  I think they already gave up on Newhouse at left tackle, that is why they moved him. It wasn’t like Bulaga was an all pro left tackle. It was still to be determined how he would hold up at left tackle.  Bakhtiari may end up being better than Newhouse was last year and maybe better than Bulaga.  All indications are that he will be very good, although a rookie at left tackle is always dicey.  

As far as Mully, maybe you haven't noticed but the media always over reacts.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:14:26 AM by hairyworthen »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2013, 08:34:28 AM »
  Good enough to make a run in the post season.

Winning a home game against a team's back-up QB (who is now a WR, by the way) and then getting smoked on the road is your idea of a postseason run?

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »
Winning a home game against a team's back-up QB (who is now a WR, by the way) and then getting smoked on the road is your idea of a postseason run?

How'd the bears do?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2013, 08:40:18 AM »
You are over stating it, maybe wishful thinking on your part.  It is just a set back and nothing more. If you think the team is going to go into the fetal position over losing a guy they didn’t have for 9 games last year anyway you are mistaken. If you think the Bulaga injury turns the Packers into an 8-8 team you are mistaken. The Packers under McCarthy and Thompson have shown that they do very well at over- coming more significant injuries than this.  The offensive line will still be better than last year and that was good enough to beat the Bears twice.  

The most likely scenario will be Bakhtiari at left tackle and Newhouse at right tackle unless Bakhtiari really tanks in the pre-season games.  I think they already gave up on Newhouse at left tackle, that is why they moved him. It wasn’t like Bulaga was an all pro left tackle. It was still to be determined how he would hold up at left tackle.  Bakhtiari may end up being better than Newhouse was last year and maybe better than Bulaga.  All indications are that he will be very good, although a rookie at left tackle is always dicey.  

As far as Mully, maybe you haven't noticed but the media always over reacts.

1. Not wishful thinking, Packers fan.
2. It doesn't make this an 8-8 team, but it greater than a setback. See the Packers line move yesterday as Super Bowl Contenders.
3. Nice media cliche, but losing an OL is on the short list of player not to lose.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2013, 08:44:14 AM »
2. It doesn't make this an 8-8 team, but it greater than a setback. See the Packers line move yesterday as Super Bowl Contenders.
3. Nice media cliche, but losing an OL is on the short list of player not to lose.

Schadenfraude at its' most naked.  The Pack will still have enough to smoke your guys.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2013, 08:45:58 AM »

nm....this is a stupid debate
  only since you've been in it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »

Schadenfraude at its' most naked.  The Pack will still have enough to smoke your guys.

Going to be tough when the Pack goes up against the Pack then.

As with many NFL fans, you need to take the shades off.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2013, 08:57:28 AM »
Going to be tough when the Pack goes up against the Pack then.

As with many NFL fans, you need to take the shades off.
So, what's your prediction for the seasonal W- L then?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2013, 08:59:47 AM »
So, what's your prediction for the seasonal W- L then?

W-L predictions on a NFL season in the beginning of August is the worst sports media cliche of them all.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2013, 09:01:39 AM »
Detroit has two 'ifs'.   The offensive line and the secondary.    And how those two perform will dictate whether or not Detroit is a playoff contender or not.   If the offensive line gels and can keep Stafford on his feet and healthy, and if the secondary stays healthy and doesn't do its annual imitation of a Spinal Tap drummer, 9-7/10-6.   If either one of those things go wrong, 5-11.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »
How'd the bears do?

What does that have to do with what I asked?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »
What does that have to do with what I asked?

It doesn't when you in are in a meathead argument.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2013, 10:14:54 AM »
W-L predictions on a NFL season in the beginning of August is the worst sports media cliche of them all.

So is predicting a catastrophe before the first snap of the season.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2013, 10:16:37 AM »
It doesn't when you in are in a meathead argument.
  Stache' is not a meathead.  Take it back.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2013, 10:21:09 AM »
Speaking in generalizations, I've always found Packers fans to be a unique breed. They are probably more knowledgeable about their own team than any fan base in the league, but abstraction and objective football discussion often evades them. They are more likely to take observations about their team as an insult than perhaps any other fan base in the league. I have no argument that they are among, if not the most passionate fan bases in the league, but it's a very exceptionalistic type of passion.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2013, 10:22:17 AM »
Speaking in generalizations, I've always found Packers fans to be a unique breed. They are probably more knowledgeable about their own team than any fan base in the league, but abstraction and objective football discussion often evades them. They are more likely to take observations about their team as an insult than perhaps any other fan base in the league. I have no argument that they are among, if not the most passionate fan bases in the league, but it's a very exceptionalistic type of passion.

Well said.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2013, 10:29:54 AM »

I gave you a rational argument with supporting facts on why the injury isn’t as catastrophic as you are making it out to be, and you hide behind the Packer fan, green and gold glasses and meathead fan argument?   I think you should look at yourself Bear fan. 

Offensive line is a tough position to lose no doubt, but injuries are part of the nfl and the Packers have time to figure it out. The 2010 Super Bowl team had as many as 15 players on injured reserve including key players on both sides of the ball. They have a knack for filling holes without much drop off. We can argue about the semantics of “setback” all you want, but we will see as the season goes on.

feedback