collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443791 times)

wardle2wade

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #1525 on: December 13, 2013, 12:36:17 PM »
Bears fans create terrible arguments.  Do you know what a strawman argument is?  Clearly you don't.

They were easily-inferred conclusions based off what was said. 

Also I love the Packers-Bears rivalry... my opinions are from living in Wisc for a decade and having many Packer-fan friends for the last 15 years.  I know how unlikeable Cutler seems for anyone who is not a Bears fan, but I think it's misguided to indict him as a qb. 

Do I know if it's worth it sign Cutler with all these defensive problems?  I have no idea yet, but I'm sure it'll all play out.  It's ignorant define him as an interception-throwing dime-a-dozen qb who is not worth investing with.  If the Bears can somehow negotiate a favorable contract, the Bears would be dumb not to sign him.  Imo, there are too many other suitors for the Bears to get it done though.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #1526 on: December 13, 2013, 12:50:09 PM »
Bears fans create terrible arguments.  Do you know what a strawman argument is?  Clearly you don't.

Both Packers and Bears fans are football fans. That makes them both insufferable and illogical. If your sentence takes the structure "____ fans are _____", it's probably going to have a pretty bad conclusion.

Maybe Jacksonville fans are exempt from this. They are just drunk and/or sad.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1527 on: December 13, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »
Both Packers and Bears fans are football fans. That makes them both insufferable and illogical. If your sentence takes the structure "____ fans are _____", it's probably going to have a pretty bad conclusion.

All 2 of them!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1528 on: December 13, 2013, 12:55:26 PM »
What's the scoop on Rodgers for Dallas...I assume he is playing?  I'm in my fantasy super bowl unless Marshall scores like 4 TD's tonight, and I've been riding Rodgers on the pine the last 4 weeks.  Any skinny?

Start your other guy.

Grow a pair Rodgers (and/or doctor/McCarthy/front office).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #1529 on: December 13, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
Start your other guy.

Rodgers has nothing to say about the decision. Broken bones are different from strains, pulls, etc. It has nothing to do with pain. A simple density scan determines if he can play or not. It is not Rodger's decision. It is not McCarthy's decision. The doctor decides - no one else.

brandx

« Reply #1530 on: December 13, 2013, 02:29:25 PM »
As much as I loved the undersized (now-broken) Johnny Knox, he'd play volleyball and tip it to the defense... Hester's poor route-running alone cost a handful of picks.  Can't remember the exact stat, but between the two of them the Bears had the most unforced INT's in the NFL for a couple seasons.  It's pretty crazy to think how much it's changed now by having both Marshall and the maturing Alshon.

Sounds good until you look at Brady's receivers the last couple years. Julian Edelman is his #1 guy this year. There is no #2 or #3. Whoever gets put in those spots ends up getting benched.

Cutler is what he is - a little bit above average - near the top of the middle tier of QBs in the league. Top 10 - 15 and in a QB starved league that still translates to $15 mil a year. With all of their other needs (entire Defense with Tillman and Jennings FA's and Peppers no longer worth the big money) can they pay that much for a guy who isn't a difference maker at QB?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:33:52 PM by brandx »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1531 on: December 13, 2013, 02:53:21 PM »
Sounds good until you look at Brady's receivers the last couple years. Julian Edelman is his #1 guy this year. There is no #2 or #3. Whoever gets put in those spots ends up getting benched.

I don't think you can say "last couple years" in regards to Brady. He had welker the last couple years. And brink and hernandez. When it was just Edelman, and the other crap receivers, you really saw how much different it was - Brady getting mad and yelling at everyone not to mention throwing incompletions and picks.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #1532 on: December 13, 2013, 02:53:44 PM »
Rodgers has nothing to say about the decision. Broken bones are different from strains, pulls, etc. It has nothing to do with pain. A simple density scan determines if he can play or not. It is not Rodger's decision. It is not McCarthy's decision. The doctor decides - no one else.

They didn't do a scan today when making the decision. It was an odd press conference with MCarthy. When asked if the decision was made due to medical concerns, ie the DR didn't clear him, mike jumped in the guy. "Don't get in a word battle with me". Basically said Rodgers isn't playing and that's it. Not really sure who's call it was to sit him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1533 on: December 13, 2013, 03:21:35 PM »
They didn't do a scan today when making the decision. It was an odd press conference with MCarthy. When asked if the decision was made due to medical concerns, ie the DR didn't clear him, mike jumped in the guy. "Don't get in a word battle with me". Basically said Rodgers isn't playing and that's it. Not really sure who's call it was to sit him.

Agreed.  I doubt it's Rodgers's, but I also doubt it's just the doctor's.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1534 on: December 13, 2013, 08:30:34 PM »
They didn't do a scan today when making the decision.

He had a scan yesterday.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #1535 on: December 13, 2013, 10:27:46 PM »

Watch it now, that's the hottest team in the AFC you are talking about.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1536 on: December 14, 2013, 12:09:04 PM »
Start your other guy.

Yeah, I did.  Problem is I have a bunch of Packers receivers, too.  Grrr. 

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #1537 on: December 14, 2013, 01:30:02 PM »
He had a scan yesterday.

Then why wasn't he ruled out on the 12th?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1538 on: December 14, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »

So what is your theory?  That Rodgers could push the issue but he didn't really want to?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1539 on: December 14, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
Then why wasn't he ruled out on the 12th?

You really don't know? When was the Cowboys last practice? This stuff is not complicated.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1540 on: December 14, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »

He had a scan Thursday, and was not cleared to play.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #1541 on: December 14, 2013, 02:14:40 PM »
He had a scan Thursday, and was not cleared to play.

...then he practices Friday and is ruled out the same day, sounds like he was still feeling pain.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1542 on: December 14, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »
...then he practices Friday and is ruled out the same day, sounds like he was still feeling pain.

Not sure what about a scan that didn't come back clean is hard to understand. Flynn took the first team reps, and Rodgers did nothing but some throwing on Friday.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1543 on: December 15, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »
Same old Jay

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1544 on: December 15, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »
Same old Jay

How so? He clearly can't follow through off the ankle.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1545 on: December 15, 2013, 01:07:21 PM »
Same old Jay

Loves to turn the ball over. I would take a much physically less gifted quarterback who values the football over Jay. Turnovers are death in the NFL, and nobody turns it over better than Jay Cutler.

McCown >>> Cutler

And yes I realize Cutler's physical tools >>> McCown's physical tools.

Please resign him. And please play him against the Pack.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1546 on: December 15, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »
How so? He clearly can't follow through off the ankle.

Because he isn't running the system.  He i playing hurt, and hurting his team.  Making bad throws and bad decisions.

I'm not sure how this is arguable.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1547 on: December 15, 2013, 01:13:41 PM »
Because he isn't running the system.  He i playing hurt, and hurting his team.  Making bad throws and bad decisions.

It's completely arguable. If the coaching staff decided to play him hurt. If he's not 100%, hard to argue "same 'ol".

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1548 on: December 15, 2013, 01:14:28 PM »

So the "same old jay" is one who is physically unable to make throws?

I'll be the first one to say Cutler shouldn't be playing today. And I want to see mccown soon. But jay isn't making the mental mistakes today - that would be "same old jay"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1549 on: December 15, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »
Loves to turn the ball over. I would take a much physically less gifted quarterback who values the football over Jay. Turnovers are death in the NFL, and nobody turns it over better than Jay Cutler.

McCown >>> Cutler

And yes I realize Cutler's physical tools >>> McCown's physical tools.

Please resign him. And please play him against the Pack.

Just stop. Youre not a Bears fan and youre just being obnoxious. I dont comment on Packers personel decisions.

feedback