collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443871 times)

hairy worthen

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #675 on: October 22, 2013, 01:37:44 PM »

He will be cut long before the end of that contract. 

He had three starting quarterbacks in his seven years in Green Bay, a number he equaled in his sixth game in Minnesota.

He will be cut before the end of that contract, but that guaranteed money isn't coming off their salary cap. What do expect when the vikings business plan is to sign packer rejects just to piss off packer fans.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #676 on: October 22, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
Walden only started 2 games that season but went on to start 25 games over the next 2 seasons. IOW, he became a starter. Zombo had 5 tackles and a sack in the SB. When starters go down and back-ups fill the void, that's called depth.

its more than just depth. You have to credit the Packer coaching staff for developing these guys and keeping the ship afloat through the injuries.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #677 on: October 22, 2013, 03:38:20 PM »
Almost had 'em last night!

Nice tune up for Josh. Looks like he's just one week away.

What an incredible comeback story for him and the team this will be!

you say that about your johnson too, a'ina?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #678 on: October 22, 2013, 09:50:59 PM »
That is just not logistically/fiscally possible to do on a weekly basis.

You are right.  I didn't take into consideration the logistics of it all. From a fan perspective it is just unfortunate that it is not possible.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #679 on: October 23, 2013, 08:57:50 AM »
He will be cut before the end of that contract, but that guaranteed money isn't coming off their salary cap. What do expect when the vikings business plan is to sign packer rejects just to piss off packer fans.

Or "attempt to."

By this point I think most Packer fans view it as more of a "little brother syndrome" than anything else. 

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #680 on: October 23, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »
How do you Packer fans feel about TE Brandon Bostick?  Think he gets an increased role with Finley out.  From what I hear he has potential - tons of athleticism, big body, and a former college basketball player.  I'm in a deep fantasy football dynasty league and I'm thinking about taking a chance stashing him on my bench.  We've already seen Julius Thomas and Jordan Reed break out this year, and this guy seems like the same type of player.  

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #681 on: October 23, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
How do you Packer fans feel about TE Brandon Bostick?  Think he gets an increased role with Finley out.  From what I hear he has potential - tons of athleticism, big body, and a former college basketball player.  I'm in a deep fantasy football dynasty league and I'm thinking about taking a chance stashing him on my bench.  We've already seen Julius Thomas and Jordan Reed break out this year, and this guy seems like the same type of player. 

I would think you'd see him for a few plays here and there.  But you gotta think that Quarless is going to get a ton of time at TE, and depending on the status of James Jones, you are likely going to see a lot of 3 WR sets with Jones, Boykin and Nelson.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #682 on: October 23, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »

I would think you'd see him for a few plays here and there.  But you gotta think that Quarless is going to get a ton of time at TE, and depending on the status of James Jones, you are likely going to see a lot of 3 WR sets with Jones, Boykin and Nelson.

+1 also, don't count out Stoneburner and Ryan Taylor... with Taylor getting more time than Bostick

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #683 on: October 23, 2013, 04:08:51 PM »
Is Taylor available given his surgery last week?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #684 on: October 23, 2013, 04:09:48 PM »
Is Taylor available given his surgery last week?

Oh, totally didn't know he had surgery, so probably not. :-D

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #685 on: October 23, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »
Almost had 'em last night!

Nice tune up for Josh. Looks like he's just one week away.

What an incredible comeback story for him and the team this will be!

looks like more than a week now that Frazier is pencilling in Ponder for the QB carousel

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #686 on: October 23, 2013, 08:30:07 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/228965551.html

Lol.  Now that you're 1-5 and averaging about 50 yards per game with 2 total touchdowns on the season you back away from your comments going into the Packers game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzU8ycQkeI4

He is all that is man.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #687 on: October 23, 2013, 10:07:52 PM »
looks like more than a week now that Frazier is pencilling in Ponder for the QB carousel

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised. Freeman looked poised for a huge week. Either way, we should win by 10+ points. SKOL VIKINGS!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #688 on: October 25, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »
Bring back FFP!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #689 on: October 25, 2013, 10:15:14 PM »
How do you Packer fans feel about TE Brandon Bostick?  

I thought he was tremendous as Brad in Rocky Horror Picture Show. And he even got to canoodle with a young, extremely sexy Susan Sarandon (and Tim Curry).

Oh wait ... that was Barry Bostwick.

Never mind.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #690 on: October 27, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »
How did the cowboys lose that one??

brandx

« Reply #691 on: October 27, 2013, 03:32:01 PM »

2 teams that love to choke - one of them had to do it.

Idiotic holding penalty on a meaningless play cost Cowboys the game

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #692 on: October 27, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »
2 teams that love to choke - one of them had to do it.

Idiotic holding penalty on a meaningless play cost Cowboys the game

While that did significantly affect the outcome, letting a guy go wide open down the sidelines with less than a minute left and standing around watching as Stafford runs a QB sneak really did them in.

Cowboys historically are poorly focused, not sure if that is a coaching issue or an attitude issue (based on the type of players they draft).

It was fun watching Dez Bryant throw a temper tantrum after the game.  I really hate that guy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #693 on: October 27, 2013, 04:47:31 PM »

It's what we do.  Last 18 years, .500.    LOL.  I just watch is every week to see how we blow it this week. 

JJ as general manager, way over paying top players gives team no depth.  Been the issue for almost two decades now.  Horrible defense...again.  Is what it is. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #694 on: October 27, 2013, 05:08:18 PM »
I didn't watch, but guys in the class I was in followed it on their smartphones during breaks.   I had to triple check that it was the Lions WINNING with 12 seconds left.    Completely out of character for this franchise. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brandx

« Reply #695 on: October 27, 2013, 05:17:55 PM »

JJ as general manager, way over paying top players gives team no depth.  Been the issue for almost two decades now.  Horrible defense...again.  Is what it is. 

He's kinda reminding me of an old Al Davis

nyg

• All American
« Reply #696 on: October 27, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »
I didn't watch, but guys in the class I was in followed it on their smartphones during breaks.   I had to triple check that it was the Lions WINNING with 12 seconds left.    Completely out of character for this franchise. 

Detroit had 625 offense yards to Dallas 268
Stafford threw for 488 yards
Johnson had 329 yards receiving (second all time)
Only reason it was close was 4 ugly turnovers (2 int, 2 fumbles) by Detroit which lead to I believe 21 Dallas points.
Exciting game to watch, sorry you missed it as a Lion's fan. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #697 on: October 27, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
I think the Packers struggle tonight.  This game will be within seven either way.  I just don't think that they have enough in the WR era to sustain drives, and I think AP gets the ball a ton and makes a difference.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #698 on: October 27, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »
I think the Packers struggle tonight.  This game will be within seven either way.  I just don't think that they have enough in the WR era to sustain drives, and I think AP gets the ball a ton and makes a difference.

I think the defense outscores the passing game. Lacy and Kuhn combine for 3 TDs.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #699 on: October 27, 2013, 07:09:46 PM »
Pack by 10, as beat up as they are, Vikes are still really bad.

feedback