collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443878 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2013, 10:21:10 PM »
Outstanding challenge and reversal.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »
Outstanding challenge and reversal.

Even more outstanding throw and catch

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2013, 10:26:19 PM »
Ballgame.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »
Bears. 

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #379 on: September 22, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »
If Espn still had "Jacked Up" Cutler would be on the other side of it for once.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #380 on: September 23, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »
If Espn still had "Jacked Up" Cutler would be on the other side of it for once.

Collingsworth is smarmy and I don't always love him, but I appreciated him calling out Cutler's critics about being soft after he hit the truck stick, despite his whole team wanting him to go down.  Maybe not the smartest play for your QB's health, but love to see him lead by example.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #381 on: September 23, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »
Collingsworth is smarmy and I don't always love him, but I appreciated him calling out Cutler's critics about being soft after he hit the truck stick, despite his whole team wanting him to go down.  Maybe not the smartest play for your QB's health, but love to see him lead by example.

I loved seeing Cutler truck the DB but to be fair, the DB slowed up thinking that Cutler was going to slide. If Cutler did slide and the DB so much as landed on him, that's going to be 15 extra yards. I remember a few years ago, the Bears were playing in New England and Tom Brady scrambled, slowed as if he was going to slide but kept going and "juked" Brian Urlacher (who was letting up to avoid a personal foul) and picked up a key first down. The faux-slide can be a HUGE advantage for smarter QBs.

Also of note from last night's game, Jonathan Dwyer got free on the outside and lowered his head right into Chris Conte's face, nearly knocking Conte's helmet off. Because of the new rule, that should have been a personal foul penalty on Dwyer, which is a joke IMO. Based on the fact that there was no call, I have to believe that the officials tend to think of that rule as a joke too and are rarely going to call it. Has anyone actually seen that called in a game so far?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #382 on: September 23, 2013, 10:57:21 AM »
I loved seeing Cutler truck the DB but to be fair, the DB slowed up thinking that Cutler was going to slide. If Cutler did slide and the DB so much as landed on him, that's going to be 15 extra yards. I remember a few years ago, the Bears were playing in New England and Tom Brady scrambled, slowed as if he was going to slide but kept going and "juked" Brian Urlacher (who was letting up to avoid a personal foul) and picked up a key first down. The faux-slide can be a HUGE advantage for smarter QBs.

Also of note from last night's game, Jonathan Dwyer got free on the outside and lowered his head right into Chris Conte's face, nearly knocking Conte's helmet off. Because of the new rule, that should have been a personal foul penalty on Dwyer, which is a joke IMO. Based on the fact that there was no call, I have to believe that the officials tend to think of that rule as a joke too and are rarely going to call it. Has anyone actually seen that called in a game so far?

I think the illegal hit penalties have been called a lot in the Packers first three games.  Both for and against them.  Some of them are total BS, but some are pretty awful.  The Packers got bailed out on a 3rd and long due to a phantom roughing hit.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #383 on: September 23, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »
Nope, bet a bomber on it.

Still feel that way? :)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #384 on: September 23, 2013, 11:16:12 AM »
I think the illegal hit penalties have been called a lot in the Packers first three games.  Both for and against them.  Some of them are total BS, but some are pretty awful.  The Packers got bailed out on a 3rd and long due to a phantom roughing hit.

I'm not talking about roughing penalties on the D. I'm talking about a ball-carrier getting called for a personal foul for lowering his head into a defender when outside the "tackle box."

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #385 on: September 23, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »
Interesting game coming up Sunday in Detroit. I think this is the game where we'll learn the most about the Bears, and what kind of team they're going to be for the season. Equally as big of a game for the Lions, one of these teams is going to be 2-0 in the division.

With the Falcons and Niners both 1-2, this is huge for the North teams (sans Vikes). Door is now open for perhaps the Bears, Lions, Pack to all make the playoffs. Both the Niners and Falcons have (albeit road) losses to their division leaders (and likely division winners). Issue is both the Niners and Falcons are quite vulnerable right now. Niners have a trap game waiting for them Thursday night. Falcons get the Pats at home, where we'll learn a lot about what kind of Pats team that is.

I thought the Pack's toughest stretch was these first three. Pack won't win out, but look at their schedule, and there's at least 10 wins there.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #386 on: September 23, 2013, 01:06:22 PM »
Interesting game coming up Sunday in Detroit. I think this is the game where we'll learn the most about the Bears, and what kind of team they're going to be for the season. Equally as big of a game for the Lions, one of these teams is going to be 2-0 in the division.

With the Falcons and Niners both 1-2, this is huge for the North teams (sans Vikes). Door is now open for perhaps the Bears, Lions, Pack to all make the playoffs. Both the Niners and Falcons have (albeit road) losses to their division leaders (and likely division winners). Issue is both the Niners and Falcons are quite vulnerable right now. Niners have a trap game waiting for them Thursday night. Falcons get the Pats at home, where we'll learn a lot about what kind of Pats team that is.

I thought the Pack's toughest stretch was these first three. Pack won't win out, but look at their schedule, and there's at least 10 wins there.

My ticket from vegas really hopes there is 11.  Getting worried.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #387 on: September 23, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »

The talking heads, especially Cowherd, were talking at length today about the perceived rift between ARog and McCarthy.

Is this just the same mindless crap that they use to fill time every day, or is there something to it?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #388 on: September 23, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »
My prediction is Aaron Rodgers wins MVP but Giants win Super Bowl, again! NFC North is second fiddle to NFC East.

lmao

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #389 on: September 23, 2013, 02:06:56 PM »

The talking heads, especially Cowherd, were talking at length today about the perceived rift between ARog and McCarthy.

Is this just the same mindless crap that they use to fill time every day, or is there something to it?

just mindless crap based on McCarthy's comments afterwards

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #390 on: September 23, 2013, 04:57:07 PM »
Your sister can get it.

Vikings ruined a nice Cincinnati victory today. Crap.

Looks like the Bears D could get it, too.

Honest question, will the Vikings go 0-16 this year?  I mean, they just lost, at home, to a team who told themselves they had already given up on the season 2 games into it, with the backup to the worst quarterback in the NFL starting.  Then again, is Christian Ponder worse than Brandon Weeden?  Ponder has 8 in the box to try to stop the HGH machine yet he still has 2 touchdowns to his 5 interceptions 3 weeks into the season.  That is EMBARRASSING!  Can see why Jennings didn't want to play for "12" though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #391 on: September 23, 2013, 10:36:21 PM »
ViQueens have some nice New Jersey owners....complete scumbags owners.

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3169568.shtml?cat=7

More to come....believe me.

Gov. Mark Dayton pushed hard for taxpayer funding of the stadium and often stood with the Wilfs at news conferences.

After the bill was passed the idiot known as Gov. Dayton claimed he had no idea that PSL's were part of the bill that he signed. Why do we elect people who are clueless?

If he would have read the bill he would have known there would be PSL's in the stadium. He signed it anyway not knowing the language in the bill.  Reminds of someone recently who doesn't read the bills.

And for those that do not know Mark Dayton he is worth multimillion's as one of the heirs to the Target Corp.

http://politicsinminnesota.com/2013/09/dayton-urges-stadium-authority-to-limit-wilfs-psl-fees/

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:03:16 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #392 on: September 23, 2013, 11:05:42 PM »
ViQueens have some nice New Jersey owners....complete scumbags owners.

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3169568.shtml?cat=7

More to come....believe me.

Gov. Mark Dayton pushed hard for taxpayer funding of the stadium and often stood with the Wilfs at news conferences.

After the bill was passed the idiot known as Gov. Dayton claimed he had no idea that PSL's were part of the bill that he signed.  Why do we elect people who are clueless?

If he would have read the bill he would have known there will be PSL's in the stadium.  Idiot.

And for those that do not know Mark Dayton is worth multi-millions as one of the heirs to the Target Corp.

http://politicsinminnesota.com/2013/09/dayton-urges-stadium-authority-to-limit-wilfs-psl-fees/

I read through the legal firm's agreed upon procedures report... apparently gave the NFL and politicians great confidence, but the problems might be in that the Wilf's have an overly complex structure making it difficult to identify some areas of risk using procedures such as "asking the Wilf's if there are any issues"... plus, contingent liabilities with these guys are a huge concern for me. Hopefully it all works out, but "playing with fire" is probably an appropriate phrase to use here.

Dayton is .. not good.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #393 on: September 23, 2013, 11:09:16 PM »
I see Red McCombs all over.  I met the guy at the Mpls. Club when he bought the team and he was pretty shady.

I love Formula 1 racing and he brought it to Austin so he is not that bad of a guy.  Another reason to go to Austin.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2013, 04:57:41 AM »
You are being too kind with "clueless".

How about the windfall from e-pull tabs too.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #395 on: September 24, 2013, 07:32:20 AM »
How common are PSLs? I remember the titans had them, and as a Jaguars season ticket holder I know they don't. (Obviously). And is the concept that you simply pay a large fee for the rights to buy your tickets? One time or recurring?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #396 on: September 24, 2013, 07:45:50 AM »
Electronic pull tabs will make Millions for the new stadium...Hilarious!

You are being too kind with "clueless".

How about the windfall from e-pull tabs too.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #397 on: September 24, 2013, 08:08:35 AM »
How common are PSLs? I remember the titans had them, and as a Jaguars season ticket holder I know they don't. (Obviously). And is the concept that you simply pay a large fee for the rights to buy your tickets? One time or recurring?

I know for the family-owned Bears tickets that I use, a one-time, $2,000 PSL was due for each seat when the the Bears moved to new Solider Field.  This is for nice, upper-deck seats which have a face value of $115/ticket.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2013, 08:54:15 AM »
^ Lambeau also has a one-time PSL fee, even Camp Randall has PSL's for most seats, pretty common

reinko

• All American
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2013, 09:15:12 AM »
Still feel that way? :)

I am gentleman, of course the bet is on.  Lemme know if you like anything specific to New England area of the country.

feedback